Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:37 pm Reply with quote        
For quite a long time now, I have wanted to create my own fantasy world, that I would be able to use for various projects and that wouldn't just be a copy of something seen somewhere else. I have ideas, tons of them in fact, but for some reason I often find that I can't create anything convincing on my own. I often spends too much time on details, and not enough on important aspects of the development, resulting in frustration later on. Then, I get bored, tired or annoyed of what I've gotten and usually end up throwing it away...

So, after mentioning this some time ago in some random thread here, I got the idea of making a small group role-play to test my world and help expand it. I asked if anyone would be interested in the GMRP and got a good enough answer to consider trying it. I really have no idea of how things will evolve, since it's the first time I do this, but if they work well, we could end up with quite a nice world to play with.

I am now looking for a small number of players to be my guinea pigs and helpers in that project. Basically, I'll create a private role-play with 4 or 5 players. There will be a plot that will introduce the world and characters that inhabit it. The players will get a chance to make their character evolve in that world during the game.
At the end of it, or at least when it is advanced enough, I'll use all the things we have gathered and make a world out of it, and probably an open role-play too. That world and story will take place somewhere in the future, the exact time will be discussed when needed.
Since the players would have the chance to do important things, their characters will most likely become important figures of the world. Leaders, rulers, legends, call it whatever you like. Of course, the players will be the ones to choose what happen of their characters in the end.

So, if you are interested in participating, please read the two following posts. They contain most of the information you need to know before you sign up.

Thanks all for reading Bouncy Heart
Maeve

.:: The Rules ::.

1. Follow the Rules and Terms of Service of Midorea.

2. This thread is an out-of-character chat for a private group role-play. It is open to everyone, although the related game isn't. So, if you have any comment or idea about the game, please post them here and not in the other thread. Also, try to stay on topic when posting here.

3. Be polite. I'm doing this to create a new world I want to use for future project and also to get better at writing. I'll gladly accept comments and critics, but flaming and trolling is useless and will be punished.

4. Everything posted here and in the related role-play thread is property of the writing group. You can see a list of the people working on this project, known as the writing group, in the 4th post. Do not repost, claim, or use in any other way that content without getting our permission first.

5. I can add more rules at any time.
Maeve

.:: The Admission ::.

This will be a private group role-play. Once it starts, no one will be allowed to join, unless one of the players is no longer able to play. Although, since the game has not started yet, I'm accepting joining request. In total, I'm aiming for 4 or 5 players, but this can change depending of the demand.

So, if you'd like to join, simply post in this thread saying so. Before you do, however, you must be aware of what I'm expecting from the people who decide to play. Since this role-play will be used as a base for a bigger universe (and another role-play), I want it to run at a good speed and, mostly, I want it to work. Thus, there are some rules players must agree to before they start playing. You can see a list of those requirements below.

Requirements:
  • You must be at least semi-literate;
  • You must post at least twice a week;
  • You will also be active in the OOC thread (here) and help improve the world and game;
  • You will warm me by PM or email if you cannot fulfil your duty for some time with a good reason;
  • I can add more if needed.

If a player can no longer meet those requirements, he will be moved to a secondary role or remove from the role-play. If needed, someone else could be allowed to join in his place.

If you'd like to help, but you know you cannot meet the requirements above, you can become a helper. Helpers will not be allowed to post in the private game, but they will help me with the creation of the world and everything that goes in it. They could also be allowed to play sometime, but mostly for NPCs, or to replace a player if one is taken out of the game. When this game comes to an end, they will be allowed to have an important role in the new world, though obviously not as big as the players.
I don't really have requirements for helpers, as long as they are helpful and have some imagination. So, if you are interested by this job, just post here or PM me.
Maeve

.:: The Writing Group ::.

Game Master:
Maeve
~ If you want information about the game, or anything else regarding it, contact me. ~

Players:
Atraea
Keylaleigh
killerkitty
KoyiTar
Tsemara

Helpers:
(none for now)

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote        
.:: The Library ::.

This will be the place where I'll keep track of the various things done for the role-play. Of course, it's almost empty now, but it will have more information has it is created. XP

Game:
Role-Play Thread
Profile Skeleton
Competences and Ranking
Atraea's Profile
Keyla's Profile
Killerkitty's Profile
Koyi's Profile
Maeve's profile
Tsemara's profile

World:
Description of the starting point

Tsemara

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
I believe that the most important point that was made was that D&D 3.5 is better than 4.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 am Reply with quote        
Hellz yeah it is! If you want to change your D&D rules around a bit, go to Pathfinder. They do a great job at upgrading the 3.5 rules. It's where a lot of the old-school players are running off to.

Atraea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:23 am Reply with quote        
Pathfinder is good stuff that is. But yeah, 3.5 for sure. Whichever works! Lemme know if you need the link to the dice roller again.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote        
Thread is still here...? Yes? Good!
Rollbacks make me nervous... Roll Eyes

I guess I'd need to find some good rule book one day. Not now, because I don't have the time, but that Pathfinder thing looks interesting. It'd most likely be used only as reference for future development though, but it could be useful...

I think I still have that link somewhere... on my other computer at least. I need to update my favs on this one... Duh

Anyway, I posted this before the last thread was erased, but I'll repeat it since no one probably got a chance to read it:
I'll be working on finishing the basic setup and plot for the next week or so. I'd like to get this started as soon as possible, so I can hopefully get it up and running at good speed before I start college (around August 18th).
I have a good idea of the starting place, I just need to write it down and maybe make a small map for it. The main work now is the plot. I have the starting point, and something like the end, and mostly need to fill up the large hole between those two points.

The starting place will be a small village in a northern region, at the beginning of winter time. It is the last human settlement before the large cold desert of the north. It is border by a frozen lake and some forest, with mountains not that far away. It serves as trading center for the region, so the nomadic tribes (of various races) and trading caravans often pass by the town, and sometimes stay closer for longer period of time if the weather gets nasty. Scientific expeditions also pass there sometimes. The main economic activities are fishing and woodworking, but anything related to trading is also important.
I'm mostly saying that so that you can find a good introduction for your character while I work on the rest.

So yeah, if you need any other information or if you have any idea you'd like to share, just post Big Grin

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote        
Wonderful! I actually have my intro already handwritten in a notebook somewhere.

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote        
Good good ^^

I'm rewriting the thread now. Then this afternoon I'll try to work on the plot and other things...
And since today is National Day here, I guess I should get drunk and dance around a large fire like everyone else... Too bad it's raining... Oh well, we'll see what happens XP

BTW, you else wanted to play? (check 4th post for list)
I think Koyi said something about it in the other thread, but I'm not sure... So yeah, just post if you are still interested Big Grin

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote        
*pops head in* I forgoted this place went away when the rollback happened. So yeah I am still up for it.

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote        
Hopefully we'll be safe now that we switch host... Big Grin

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:07 pm Reply with quote        
I agree hopefully this server won't be like the last.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote        
Mmhmm! I feel especially bad for my friend Padfeets. Her account was erased with all of the rolling around, and now she has to re-make it. To make things worse, she lost her ARI and twenty gold.