Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
One of the camps noticed the trio of people and notified headquarters. They assumed that this was not a true act of surrender, but maybe a parley. A number of minutes passed before one of the higher ranked officers present was selected to go and exchange words with the woman and her... bodyguards, they assumed. The man went out to where he could be seen, along with two bodyguards of his own. One of the bodyguards held up a nondescript flag. With any luck the seige could be ended, one way or another. At the very least, they could come to an understanding.

Both Quinn and Peter stood by the people they were meant to protect. They were careful to watch their surroundings, taking note of some of the littlest details.

The subterranian team that noticed the mobile mine were a bit shocked at its' appearance. The radioed their superiors, asking for advice. Their commanders ordered against attempting to nullify or retrieve the device. As much as they would like to destroy the device, it hadn't done anything threatening, well besides being an explosive. One of the men with the proper tools was sent to dig a small enough hold that it wouldn't cause any structural damage to the tunnel. However, it was large enough for the mine to utilize. Hopefully, it would get the hint and return to the ground, leaving them alone.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
ElataDiscordia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote        
Once the two groups met up in some relatively clear air, Biocybera removed her gas mask first, reducing it to a capsule and sticking it in one of her breast pockets. "Sid? Quinn? Air's good." she told the two behind her before turning her attention to the officers in front of her. "Which of you is the one who gives all of the orders?" she asked, looking each of them over.

Obsidian watched the officers closely, wary since they seemed to still be armed.

The little mine continued its 'crying' as it tried to find someplace to dig back into the dirt. It seemed to have trouble finding a hold long enough to make any progress at this

Tsemara

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
Quinn removed her gas mask at the announcment. Doing so gave her a better scope of their surroundings. She hooked her mask to something on her tool belt and waited to see what would happen next.

If the men were surprised at her apparent lack of being dead or imprisoned or whatever, they didn't show it. They gave the Biocybera and her entourage a set of calculating looks before a somewhat average looking man stepped forward. He had an air of no-nonsense about him, and held himself like someone that gave orders and was used to having them followed immediately. He gave the younger woman a curt nod. "I would be the one who gives the orders. I am General Delancy. With me are Lt. Jackson and Lt. Silverstein."

The digging teams and the crews manning the mortars were called to a halt during the talk. They would remain on standby until some kind of conclusion was reached.

Against his better judgement, the armored individual in charge of digging the side escape for the bug mine decided to aid the mind back into the dirt. He knelt down and moved to position it better against the dirt walls.

Malverne wrote:
ElataDiscordia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote        
Biocybera smiled. "I am, of course, Biocybera. To my tight is General Obsidian, and to my left is Quinn. I'm sure you know who we all are by now. Anyways, I was wondering why use such an unusual approach. Choppers checking the layout, diggers to get in, and unpleasantness to keep us distracted. Did I miss something?" she tilted her head. Absently she wondered what reaction saying that would have. She also wished she had brought Psi along to tell her their emotional reactions.

The little mine gave a small squeal and dug in, soon disappearing from sight into a new hole, turning around and making a heart at the armored man before scampering off through the dirt. These altered mines seemed to have some sort of artificial intelligence, probably equal to that of an animal.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote        
The general looked like he expected this question. He shook his head. "There has been a change of command since our last encounter with you. When it became apparent that previous tactics were less than effective, the other generals and I decided a change was in order," he replied in a professional, yet almost conversational tone. "I trust that you have done the same were our roles reversed?"

The present tunnelers gave the mine a rather confused look. They had not seen anything that came close to this kind of artificial intelligence. They reported the event and the results to their higher ups.

Malverne wrote:
ElataDiscordia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:34 am Reply with quote        
"Probably. Personally, I'd prefer to be left alone, though. I haven't made any new kidnappings, even though I am understaffed. Horrendously so. The last raid gave quite a few deserters in the chaotic aftermath, more than your group tried to take away, actually." she sighed, shaking her head. "Also? I think your little group has something more to worry about." The woman was restraining her characteristic southern accent-- this was a formal thing, not some gathering of friends.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
The gathered men listened to the teenager speak. If they had any initial reactions to what she related, they were too well trained to show them. Instead, they seemed to be scrutinizing everything she said. "Be that as it may, you still have many abducted children in your possesion. And it's my job to return them to the homes you have stollen them from."

Then, he shook his head. "Yes, this father figure of yours," the general confirmed. "Outside of collataral damages created by you encounters, we have very little information on him. If you would care to elaborate?"

In the meantime, a sniper was setting up in the cover of the trees. He watched the general, as well as his intended target. Should things not go according to plan, his orders were to wait for the signal to take out Biocybera. If necessary, he would take out her bodyguards as well.

Malverne wrote:
ElataDiscordia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 pm Reply with quote        
"I can't return them, simple as that. My father's troops tend to freeze up around children, so when they attack me, I want to have a fighting chance. When that battle is over, I'll give them a choice and remove their collars." she explained, then restrained a flinch as her father was brought up. "As for my father, he is the closest person to a sociopath I have ever met. He is given strength by despair. His current project is me... He wants to let me build up, and then he plans to crush me. I plan not to be crushed." she waved her hand, glancing around, then paused. "You have a sniper? That's not fair." she frowned, crossing her arms over her chest, accent making its appearance.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
The officers kept their faces impassive while Biocybera spoke. Their body language was too well trained to betray any of their initial dislike of the young woman, or react to anything that she was saying. The general looked like he was about to reply before Bio made it known that she knew about the sniper. This, he raised a brow to. "Fair?" He questioned her. "This coming from a person that will abduct children and then use them as soldiers.

"While I understand wanting to use an enemy's weakness as an advantage on your end, there are limits that ought to be followed in any rule of engagment."

Malverne wrote:
ElataDiscordia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote        
The woman crossed her arms. "At least I don't teach them to shoot people in the back." she gave a pointed look. "Either way, unless you're willing to give me your soldiers, I can't release the children. Some of them won't even want to leave. I have given these children more education than they would get from a middle school in America... then again, that isn't hard." she snickered. "Now, take your sniper off of me." Biocybera put her hands on her hips. "I do have enough pride not to attack during parlay." She was becoming irritated. "Quinn, Obsidian, go back to base. These bastards might decide you two are irritating and shoot you when you're unarmed."

Tsemara

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote        
Quinn gave Obsidian a look that said that she did not want to leave Biocybera alone. She hesitated to see what the boy would do. If he left, she likely would too. But if he thought it necessary to stay, then the lest she could do was wait as well. The thought of being shot was not appealing, but there was no reason to leave her boss in a less than ideal situation.

"Pride or not, when dealing with an unknown entity, such as yourself, the powers that be decided that it would be in our best interest to have the added precaution against any unknown threat. There will be no need to remove your bodyguards," The general made a wave of his hand, signalling the sniper to stand down. The sharp shooter left his position and began dismantling his gear. "As long as you remain civil, we will reciprocate. Unlike you, we have no way of knowing if you have anything up your sleeve, so we are currently taking you a face value."

The general gave the young woman as close to a sympathetic look as his training would allow for the situation. "Please allow me to be frank. I do not have the authority to hand any of the gathered soldiers over to you. And considering how much information we have on you and your quarrel with your kin, I would rather not send good men and women into a suicide mission. As such, I think this quarrel between our sides has gone on long enough. And as much as you would prefer to be left alone, I am afraid our orders are clear. We are to attack until you are either defeated, or until you surrender. Judging by your temperment, you don't seem the sort to just give up. However, if we can come to an agreement, there would be no more need for this senseless fighting." The men watched to see what Biocybera's reaction would be. Though, one of the lieutenants' faces betrayed that the general, had been out of line with something he had just stated.

Malverne wrote:
ElataDiscordia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote        
Making a motion to Obsidian, he nodded and stayed put. "Finally you lot act like people." Biocybera grinned as she said this. "I'd watch out for that one, if I were you, got a look of stabbing-you-in-your sleep." she warned, delaying the train back onto the subject as her mind went through what she would say next. "I would like to propose a deal. I will hand myself over to you, as well as anyone still in the base in a week if it isn't either emptied or run-over by your men. My only stipulations be that neither me or my generals are killed, but instead put into a... witness protection program of sorts. Preferably in a place far from Florida."

Obsidian could only stare in shock at this proposition. Psiblast was ill... or something like that... unable to teleport at his full capacity, for certain. Biocybera -knew- this, and she was still making a deal like this? He felt like he was being betrayed.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:39 am Reply with quote        
The general and his guards listened to the womans' statment, as well as her deal. The mans' demeanor returned to its' previous, professional state. "And what of the children? Would you be releasing them on your surrender? Or will they remain with you until you have your personnal affairs resolved?" He paused for a moment.

"Now I cannot promise you anything," he said. "Not without taking the matter up with my superiors. Is there a way we can meet to discuss their reply at a later time?"

(I want to be a butt and say that the powers that be are less than willing to be cool and continue fighting. What say you?)

Malverne wrote:
ElataDiscordia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote        
"Take it up with them. I'll give you a day. In the meantime, I'd like a ceasefire. I don't want either side getting pissy between now and then. My soldiers will keep positions, as will yours. I'll stop the movement of my mines if you stop the digging until I have an answer. As for the children, I will tell them when I have the answer that they will be free to go with you if they choose not to go to the new base." she said. "This will give them a choice in the matter."

[[ They'd probably object to Bio's plan. XD ]]

Tsemara

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
The general nodded. "Very well. I'll make sure that there is a cease fire and that the tunnelers remain in their camps until either this time tomorrow, or until we have an answer for you. In the case of the latter, either I or one of the other generals will approach as we have now. Is this acceptable?"

(So be it. Fire at will!)

Malverne wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next