Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Entrance
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Newcomers Help Center
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote        
THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED!
PLEASE VISIT THE UPDATED NEWCOMER'S HELP CENTER INSTEAD!

.:: Introduction ::.

So, you might have seen this kind of thread on most avatar sites' forums. And since Midorea is growing and getting more and more newcomers, I figured it would be nice to have our own little place to help them.

So yeah, lame intro... <.<

Anyway, I'll be trying to finish the setting of this thread next week, when the holidays calm down a bit. In the meantime, feel free to come in and chat, and suggest things you would like to see in here. I already have plan for a tips section, as well as a newbie charity or something like that, but any idea is welcome.

Thanks! ^^

Maeve

.:: Rules ::.

1- Follow Midorea's Rules and Terms of Service.
2- Be respectful.
3- DON'T BEG!
4- I can add new rules at any time.

Maeve

~: This thread is currently being worked on. Adoptions, and other activities, could be a bit affected (understand delayed) because of that. :~

Also, I'm still looking for (active) adopters! Jab

Quote:
.:: Adoption ::.

The Adoption section will be used to pair up older and newer users. This will give a chance to new Midoreans to meet one person who can help them and show them around, and will let older users share their knowledge and meet new people.

If you would like to be adopted:
First, you must agree to follow this rules: RESPECT EVERYONE, especially your adopter. That means you will not harass them, nor beg for items, or anything else that can be seen as annoying. Remember that those people also have a life. They will try to answer your questions as soon as they can, but it can take some time if they are offline, so don't spam their inbox. If you really have a problem with your adopter, please PM me.

Now, fill the form below and post it in this thread.

Code:
[size=16][color=yellow][b]I WANT TO BE ADOPTED!!![/b][/color][/size]

Username: (duh)
Date of Birth: (date you join Midorea)
Previous Experiences on Avatar Sites: (yes/no, have you ever been on other avatar sites)
Dislikes: (what you dislike)
Other: (other info you want to give)

If you would like to adopt other people:
By accepting to adopt other Midoreans, you agree with the following rules: you will treat your adopted Midorean with respect and patience; you will devote time to answer his questions, as well as show him around Midorea (give them ideas of where he could go to chat, or for other things); if you can't be online for a certain time, you will PM me! Just so I don't pair you up will your away. And finally, if you have problem with your adopted kiddo, you will contact me.

Now, post this form here.

Code:
[size=16][color=RED][b]I WANT TO ADOPT SOMEONE!!![/b][/color][/size]

Username: (duh)
Date of Birth: (date you join Midorea)
Time you spend on Midorea: (per week or day, how much time do you spend here)
Number of people you think you can adopt: (remember that you need to devote time to each of them)
Dislikes: (what you dislike)
Other: (other info you want to give)

Once you have filled a form, I'll add you to either category below. When someone shows up in the other category, I'll pair you up with that person. In the case where more than one person are available, I'll try to match you with someone who has a similar profile. Then I'll contact the adopter to see if he/she is really ready to adopt someone, and if everything goes well, the adoptie and adopter will receive a PM informing them that they have been paired up. Note that, when you are waiting to be adopted or to adopt someone, you can still come here, chat and ask questions if you have any (and after you've been paired up too).

Looking to be adopted:

Looking to adopt:
Aelina
Chu - Semi-Active!
kaishi
Tsemara

Paired up:
You will "officially" be paired up with someone for a month. This should give you enough time to learn the basics of Midorea. But of course, after that time, you can still talk with your adopter and come chat here.
Also, if you want to PM me some feedbacks and comments about how your pairing was, I always appreciate that, and it will help me and the adopters improve this service for future users. Happy

Quote:
Adopted in 2010:

HeartlessAngel // Weaseldale (Jan. 2nd, '10)
Blameless Deception // Tsemara (Jan. 7th, '10)
Minyaagar // St. Branny (Jan. 8th, '10)
RainyBoo // St. Branny (Jan. 11th, '10)
KoyiTar // Tsemara (Jan. 13th, '10)
ligbi // Maeve (Jan. 17th, '10)
Aquila audax // St. Branny (Jan. 20th, '10)
Therius // Maeve (Jan. 29th, '10)
Paradox // Tsemara (Feb. 10th, '10)
kiroro // Weaseldale (March 1st, '10)
Roar // Tsemara (March 20th, '10)
bellblosem // ecco (April 17th, '10)
Kitsune-Chan // Tsemara (May 4th, '10))
Atraea // Maeve (May 24th, '10)
Medi Mint // Maeve (August 1st, '10)
Bresais // Weaseldale (August 1st, '10)
#FFFFFF and M e w // Tsemara (August 2nd, '10)
Empy // Maeve (August 2nd, '10)
Tashee & Grim Reaper // Overlord Branny (August 2nd, '10)
viovista18 // ecco (August 3rd, '10)
EvigtAlene // Tsemara (August 10th, '10)
Sharij // Maeve (August 10th, '10)
Pocket Size Ninja // Maeve (September 1st, '10)
Seijre // Tsemara (September 5th, '10)
EmberWest // Overlord Branny (September 10th, '10)
Shayna // Maeve (September 10th, '10)
Fire_wolf1918 // Tsemara (October 7th, '10)
Pyua // Maeve (October 9th, '10)
Novacaine // Maeve (October 11th, '10)
Shamira // Tsemara (October 11th, '10)
Koru // Tsemara (October 11th, '10)
Aixe // Maeve (October 13th, '10)
Aelina // Tsemara (October 14th, '10)
ninjamaos // Maeve (October 14th, '10)
BiscuitQueen // Maeve (October 20h, '10)
Kimmi-Chan1989 // Maeve (October 21st, '10)
Fish // Tsemara (October 23st, '10)
michi-no // Tsemara (November 14th, '10)
FellLaef // Tsemara (November 24th, '10)
orchidwings // Maeve (December 1st, '10)

Quote:
Adopted in 2011:

Soleil // Maeve (January 8th)
Poofle // Tsemara (January 8th)
Alyssia // ecco (January 12th)
Parasite // Tsemara (January 21st)
THC // ecco (January 22nd)
SilverEye // ecco (February 1st)
Piglet Doll // Maeve (March 2nd)
Madam Kira // kaishi (March 2nd)
Crow // Chu (March 23rd)
Sin // Soleil (April 6th)
Flying Tea // Tsemara (May 11th)
Fawn Silvermist // Maeve (May 23rd)
Hyacinth // Maeve (June 10th)
Dr. Tick Tock // Maeve (June 15th)
Icewing // Maeve (June 15th)
gaararockssocks // Maeve (June 17th)
Lavender // Maeve (August 27th)
LOL // Aelina (August 31st)
ox dollz xo // Maeve (September 22nd)

Quote:
Adopted in 2012:

Ayuhi // Maeve (January 3rd)
RurouniKenshinFanGirl // Maeve (March 12th)

Maeve

.:: Charity ::.

This Charity will be used to gather money and items which will then be passed to newcomers.

Donations:
I'll be using my mule Usagi to gather donations. There's no real rule about what can be donated, as I will accept everything for now. The only thing I ask for is that you include a little message with your donation saying that you donate to the Newcomer's Help Center, as Usagi is also gathering donations for the Guild of Midorean Role-Players. Also, if you would like to use the trade feature to send many items, please PM me (Maeve). I don't log on too often on my mule and wouldn't want you to wait for decades before getting an answer.

Equipable Items:
  • Lotus Swimsuit Fall x 1
  • Lotus Swimsuit Spring x 1
  • Purple Eyes x 2
  • Staugrim Engineer Pocketwatch x1

Spells:
  • Flying Daggers x 9 -> Thanks Kupsy Bouncy Heart
    Power: 25
    Duration: 3 / 3
    Min. Restrictions: Lvl [4]; Int [20]; Wis [20]

Requests:
Newcomers will be able to request their gifts simply by posting in this thread and asking for it. They must however respect the following rules: be less than a month old (more rules will be added if needed). Only one newbie gift per person (and yes, I can see your mule). The newcomers gift will contain 250 silver, a volleyball and 5 weak HP potions to help you in the battle system.

The special or rarer items we could get will most likely be kept for a special giveaway or for an auction if we need to raise some money. That means no one can request them, and I will simply ignore those.

People who have request a gift: (now in alphabetical order)
Quote:
Aelina - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
Battle-Faerie30 - Gift sent!
BiscuitQueen - Gift sent!
bluebell12 - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
BonesTheHeretic - Gift sent!
Bresais - Gift sent!
Buttercookie - Gift sent!
Chaomiles - Gift sent!
chykara - Gift sent!
Destiny - Gift sent!
eisylefae - Gift sent!
Elyon - Gift sent!
EmberWest - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
Empy - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
FellLaef - Gift Sent!
Fire_wolf1918 - Gift sent!
Fulkth - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
Ginger - Gift sent!
HeartlessAngel - Gift sent!
Ietsuna - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
Illusion - Gift sent!
jojomade - Gift sent!
Kairie - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
Kettu - Gift sent!
Kitsune-Chan - Gift sent!
Kliz - Gift sent!
KoyiTar - Gift Sent!
Lavender - Gift Sent!
ligbi - Gift sent!
Malfise - Gift sent!
Medi Mint - Gift sent!
Mystycia - Gift sent!
ninjamaos - Gift sent!
Novacaine - Gift sent!
OrangeAutumn - Gift sent!
orchidwings - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
Parasite - Gift sent!
Pocket Size Ninja - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
Shamira - Gift sent!
Shayna - Gift sent!
Soleil - Gift sent!
Sonatina - Gift sent!
Sin - Gift sent!
Tashee - Gift sent!
totecoi - Gift sent! (Thanks Tsemara Bouncy Heart)
Vesper - Gift Sent!

ox dollz xo - Gift sent!

~

Maeve

.:: Library ::.

This will be the place where I keep track of a lot of useful places and topics. Experienced Midoreans will also be able to post their own guides and things, and I'll add the links here so that newcomers (and older users too) can find them easily. If you have a thread or post that you would like to add to the list, just PM me the link with a little description of what it is/ why you think it's useful. Thanks!

The Essentials:
Help Center
MAD, our Dream Avatar Creator.
Midorea, HTML and BBCodes
Rules
Terms of Service

The Battle System:
Battle System FAQs, for information only, not 100% accurate.
Character Creation, or how to start your journey on a successful path.
Classes
Elements
Tribes
Weapons and You, or how to choose your first weapons.
Weapons and Elements, or how not to get kill because your weapon didn't worked.
Little Guide On How To Survive, Part One: Healing
Little Guide On How To Survive, Part Two: Repairing your weapons
Little Guide On How To Survive, Part Three: Making money

Charities and Partner Threads:
The Guild of Midorean Role-Players, a friendly place to meet role-players.

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Reserved ::.

Maeve

.:: Character Creation ::.

I've spent a lot of time welcoming newcomers and the questions I've heard the most often were about the battle system, so I decided to include some information I've gathered in this thread, as well as some tips and tricks.

First, if you haven't done so yet, you will need to create yourself a battle character. This post will be just about that, as I found I often repeat the exact same thing each time someone asks how to make a character. If you already have a character, you can still read through this and see if what I say can apply to you, or you can just check the following post about what each tribe, element and class will give you. Though, if you have no experience what so ever with a battle system like the one we have here, I suggest you start by reading this post, as the other info will probably just confuse you more.

So, a character is before all a personal thing. It depends of how you want to fight and your overall preferences. Though, there's still some things you should know before making one. First, you can delete your character if you're not happy with it, so don't worry if you've made one but screwed up. You can also change your class by going to the Training page (in the Town Place menu). But for now, let's concentrate on making a good character.

First, you will need to roll your stats. This is the most important steps, as your stats will determine how well you fight. Strength influences how strong your physical hits will be, while Intelligence does the same for magical attack. Constitution and Wisdom are respectively for physical and magical defence. Dexterity determines your chance of hitting your opponent and your change of fleeing and dodging hits. Charm has been disable, as it's main function is to influence how NPCs (shopkeeper, etc.) react to you. It was alright, until the Temple of Gold started to sell monthly items for 10 gold instead of 20...

You want to get at least 10 in everything, except for Charm. This one will be brought to 0 by the system anyway, so it doesn't matter. Then, you need to decide if you want to do physical or magical damage. For a newbie, I suggest going for physical. Anyway, once you have decided what you want, you will need to get at least 15 in the stat that influences that attack, Strength for physical and Intelligence for magical. Just click the "Re-roll" button until your stats satisfy you.

Once that's done, we'll go to the fun part. At the right of the stats, you will see a couple of options: Tribe, Element and Alignment. "Tribe" is similar to races in other RPG. Each tribe comes with specific advantages and weaknesses. You can scroll through them and click the link below ("Information about Tribe") to get some more information. A tribe will not change your avatar appearance! It will just add a modifier to some of your stats and skills. For a newbie, I suggest going with a tribe with a high Strength bonus. The best tribe for that would be the B'asat Iqui, but you could also go with the Zuntai for an additional Dexterity and Constitution bonus.

Next is the element. Your element will only influence your skills, and possibly your defence to certain monsters (must verify that). Now, the only skill we can use for now is the Forge skill. The others ave been disable to prevent abuse and all. So, when picking an element, you should try to pick one that will give you a good Forge bonus, since anything else is pretty much useless. Fire, Energy and Metal all give +1 Forge bonus, so you can choose anyone you like among those. I personally pick Metal, but it's your choice.

Alignment will only determine if you can use certain weapons. For now, it only works with three scythes and some axes though, so it's not a big thing. Just pick what you want. And now you're ready to click "Next".

You should now see a list of the classes you can do. The choice you have will depend of your stats. If you had chosen to go for physical attacks earlier, then simply pick a Fighter. It is obviously the best choice for newbie, as it gives you the most HP and a good armor class. That means you will live longer, so it's good! If you wanted to go for magical attacks, I'd pick a Bard or a Rogue, as they still have a good amount of HP. Magician should be avoid, unless you want to buy yourself a lot of HP potions and spend a lot of time resurrecting yourself.

No, click "Next", and voila! You've just finished making your first character. Before you head to the battle system though, make sure you buy a weapon. A volleyball will do for now. And now you're ready to fight!

Edit: Testing a new possibility: starting with a fighter to get the maximum HP from the start, then switching to rogue to get balanced upgrades. Possibly updating to Hunter as soon as possible (lv10?), and then to assassin (lv20?)t.

Maeve

.:: Tribes ::.

Code:
Stats:

STR: Strength
DEX: Dexterity
CON: Constitution
INT: Intelligence
WIS: Wisdom
CHA: Charm

Skills:
MIN: Mining
STN: Stone Cutting
FRG: Forge
ENC: Enchantment
TRD: Trading
THF: Theft

Tribes:
Naquirfa:
+2 INT

Jobe:
+3 DEX/ CON
+2 FRG
-1 STR/ INT/ WIS

B'asat Iqui:
+3 DEX
+2 STR/ CON/ FRG
-2 INT/ WIS

Cyphyrias:
No Modification

Lebel:
No Modification

Nomadic Human:
+3 CHA
+2 INT/ WIS
+1 STR/ DEX/ CON

Zuntai:
+3 DEX
+2 CON/ FRG
+1 STR
-2 INT
-3 WIS

Horai:
+3 INT/ WIS/ TRD
+1 FRG
-2 STR

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Elements ::.

Code:
Skills:

MIN: Mining
STN: Stone Cutting
FRG: Forge
ENC: Enchantment
TRD: Trading
THF: Theft

Elements:
Water:
+1 ENC

Earth:
+ 1 MIN/ STN

Fire:
+1 FRG

Wind:
+2 ENC

Energy:
+2 THF
+1 FRG

Light:
+2 ENC
+1 MIN

Darkness:
+ 3 THF
+1 MIN

Ice:
No Modification

Metal:
+2 STN
+ 1 MIN/ FRG

Poison:
+2 ENC/ THF

Bacon:
+4 ENC
+1 STN

None:
No Modification

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Classes ::.

Code:
Basic Stats:

BHP: Base Hit Points
BMP: Base Magic Points
BAC: Base Armor Class
HPLv+: Hit Points earned at each level up
MPLv+: Magic Points earned at each level up
ACLv+: Armor Class earned at each level up

Classes:
Fighter:
BHP: 50
BMP: 10
BAC: 20
HPLv+: 6
MPLv+: 2
ACLv+: 1

Bard:
BHP: 30
BMP: 20
BAC: 15
HPLv+: 5
ACLv+: 2

Magician:
BHP: 10
BMP: 50
HPLv+: 2
MPLv+: 6

Monk:
BHP: 35
BMP: 15
MPLv+: 3

Priest:
BHP: 25
BMP: 20
HPLv+: 2

Thief:
BHP: 30
BMP: 15
HPLv+: 6

Rogue:
BHP: 25
BMP: 25
MPLv+: 5

Panhandler:
BHP: 10
BMP: 3
BAC: 1
HPLv+: 1
MPLv+: 1

Promotions:
Promotions are classes that you can get once you have satisfy some conditions. You can access the available promotion for your character by going to the town place and clicking on training ground.

Barbare:
Conditions: Fighter / unknown ((probably lv10 and strength 20+))
HPLv+: 10
ACLv+: 3

Hunter:
Conditions: Rogue / unknown ((probably lv10+ and stats above 15))
HPLv+: 8
MPLv+: 6
ACLv+: 5

Helpful link: Kupsy made this thread, with pretty charts! Still needs some info though, so if you have any to share, well, share them!

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Weapons and Elements ::.

It is known that the monster's element, your element and your weapon's element have an effect on the damage that are dealt during a battle. The exact relations of what element is stronger against which hasn't been clearly identified yet, but it seems that the weapon's element vs. the monster's element is what have the most visible effect. For example, if your weapon's element is the same as the monster you are fighting, you will do very little damage. This means that, if you are fighting with an elemental weapon, carry another one with you, even if it's just a cheap volleyball, to protect yourself if you meet something against which your weapon doesn't work properly.

I'm looking to get more information on this topic, so if you have any experiences you want to share, just post them in the thread or PM me.

HeartlessAngel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote        
hi. i decided to pop in
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote        
.:: Little Guide On How To Survive ::.
~ Part One: Healing ~

So, you've made a character, fought some battle, made a bit of silver and experience. And now you have bruises all over your body and your weapon is almost broken. This guide will try to explain you simply the first thing you will need to survive: how to heal yourself.

To heal yourself outside of a battle, you will need to go to the Temple. You can access it by going to the Town Place, and clicking on Temple. There, you will have many options to heal your HP and MP, and to resurrect yourself if you die too. If you want to make as much money as possible, it is important to understand how those options work.

The first healing you can do (top left option) will recharge the number of hit point you want, for 1 silver per hit point. The option just at the right will recharge all your hit point for 35 silver. If you have enough HP and can wait to have lost more than 35 to heal, you can use the second option. It will cost you less to recharge your HP that way. For example, I'm a barbare with 110HP. I usually wait until I have 40HP left to heal, so I recharge 70HP for 35 silver, which means 0.5 silver/HP. Of course, if you have less than 35HP to heal and cannot wait to get lower, use the first option. It's not as efficient money-wise, but it will cost you less to heal than to resurrect.

The middle options of the temple are used to resurrect yourself if you fall in battle. Note that, you will lose a certain amount of experience when you resurrect, but since you cannot fight until you revive... So, the first option will just resurrect you with 1HP for 15 silver, and the other will resurrect you with all you HP and MP for 65 silver. Let's do some math again! If you do the first resurrection for 15 silver, and then heal your character completely for 35 silver, you've spent 50 silver. This means that, if you have less than 15MP to heal too, you can just use the first option to resurrect yourself and heal yourself after that. If you have more than 15MP to recharge too, you are better using the total resurrection for 65 silver.

The third thing you can do in the temple is to recover your mana. That's only useful for mage-like character, but it works the same way healing does. If you can wait to have loose more than 25MP before you need to heal, than use the second option (total recovering for 25 silver). If you cannot, use the first option (1 silver/MP).

You can also buy some items to heal during a battle. They can be found at the Magicks and Novelties shop. You can choose the healing apples or the healing potions for your HP, or the mana potions and replenishing apples for your MP. The potions are a bit cheaper, but the apple has more duration (so you can buy one apple instead of four potion and not clutter your inventory). Though healing items are not necessarily needed for low level battles, they can always come in handy if you run into some crazy monster.

HeartlessAngel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
i like it

my art shop and request: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=222487#222487

Helen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
A, very handy little tips, thank you. x3 I'm familiar with most of this, but wasn't quite sure what wisdom and charm did. Good to know that I don't need to pay attention to charm now, at least. xD

Do you know if there will be a time when the non-forge skills will be used, or is there no word on that?