Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Entrance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Newcomers Help Center
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote        
I've heard that Cat wants to work on the battle system once the event is over and she has more time for it. So maybe the skills will be added then, or maybe later, since I think there's other thing that need to be done first and the skills are not really essential.

I kinda doubt some of them will ever be used though, especially the theft and trading skills, as they would create serious problems. Or maybe theft could just be used in fight on monsters, and not against other users...

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote        
Hey Maeve, do you think you could add a link to MAD here? It's not the easiest place to find when you're new.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
HeartlessAngel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote        
I WANT TO BE ADOPTED!!!

Username: HeartlessAngel
Date of Birth: yesterday (12-31-09)
Previous Experiences on Avatar Sites: yes
Likes: cats, reading - especially Ranger's Apprentice, music, celtic, space, bits-and-pieces
Dislikes: drowning in cleaning my room >.<, bits-and-pieces
Other: ...

sorry if i'm not too thorough

my art shop and request: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=222487#222487

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote        
Sure thing Weasel! Thanks! Bouncy Heart

Thanks Angel! I'll go add you to the list... Now I just need to to find more people to adopt others...

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote        
I've never done it before, but I was planning on being an adopter eventually.

I WANT TO ADOPT SOMEONE!!!

Username: Weaseldale
Date of Birth: May 2nd, 2009
Time you spend on Midorea: Several hours a day
Number of people you think you can adopt: Two at the most, but I'd like to just have one at a time.
Likes: colours, reading, gaming, my pets, food, music, etc...
Dislikes: cleaning, work, spiders, my procrastination, etc...
Other: Likes and dislikes are hard to think of. :/

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quote        
Thankies Weasel! I'll pair you up now...

I added that to get people to talk a little, and so that maybe I can place them a little better (if we ever have more than one people to adopt and one willing to adopt). But yeah, I know it's hard ^^

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote        
Well, I hope you add yourself to those who are adopting, because you're great at welcoming newbies. Much better than me.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote        
I'll, later, probably... That or I'll create a special category just for me or something... Happy

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:26 am Reply with quote        
Psh. Why would we want to read all about you? BORING.

...I love you?

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote        
*goes sulkeh mode in a corner* Sad

No, I meant I might not adopt anyone, but rather stay here and help them. Like a general helper instead of an adopter... or something...

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote        
OOOHHHH. I knew that. I was just... testing you.
Yeah, that's it! >.>

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote        
Oh, yeah? Really? <.<

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:35 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, really. >.<

Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote        
Oh, ok...

*huggles Ace*

Now, let's go back spam the rave party thread!

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote        
.:: Weapons and You ::.

If you have tried fighting without a weapon, you've probably realized you missed most of the time and did very little damage when you hit. It's not because your stats are too low or anything like that, but simply because the battle system is built around the usage of items, weapon or spells, to fight. That means that, to fight efficiently, you will need to buy yourself a weapon. And this post will be just about that.

First, you should understand the three main characteristic of the weapons: their power, or how hard they will hit; their duration, or how long they will last; and restrictions, or requirements you must meet to use a certain weapon. All weapons have a power and duration, but few have restrictions. If you're gonna buy a weapon with restrictions, make sure your stats are above what is asked, otherwise you won't be able to use your weapon. All those things are written beside the weapons at the Weaponsmith.

The cheapest weapon on Midorea is the volleyball. It is found on the first page of the weaponsmith, at the bottom of the page, and costs 5 silver. True, a volleyball does very little damage, but it will dramatically increase your chances of anything your opponent, so it's better than your bare hands. A volleyball also has a long duration, which means you will be able to use it in battle for a long time. Note that, buying a new volleyball is also cheaper than repairing one, so yeah, just buy a new one when your first one breaks.

You should be able to fight all the small monsters with the volleyball without too much problems. If you're planning on fighting a lot though, getting a better weapon would be a good idea. I personally chose a Tenro as second weapon. It costs 2000 silver, so obviously, it's not a good investment if you are not going to use the battle system. It has a power of 9 and 75 in duration, which makes its price fair compared to other high power weapons. Also, the tenro has no restriction, so anyone can use it, and no element, which means it will always do the same damage, whatever your opponent's element is. If you're going to fight a lot, this is a great weapon.

The last weapon I carry with me is a Steorra Ventus, an item from the winter event of 2009. It has only 10 duration, but an amazing power of 13 (to my knowledge, the highest on Midorea). It is not a good weapon for all your little fight, but for hard to kill monsters like the adult dragons, it greatly reduces the time your battle will last, which means you get less chance of being hit, and more chance of surviving. This item can now only be bought from other users though, and so the price may become a bit high in the future. So, I suggest you get one quickly if you plan on fighting a lot.

There's lots of other weapons on Midorea, and all have their specific advantages and weaknesses. Some past events' weapons also have really good stats, and if you can find someone selling them for a good price, they could even be better than my suggestions. Anyway, I'll hope you'll have fun fighting, and if you need help with weapons or want to add something to this topic, just post in the thread. Happy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next