Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

If this game restarts, will you join?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe (comment please)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:34 pm Reply with quote        
This is an out-of-character thread for the Chronicles of a Monstrous Academy role-play.

The Chronicles is a semi-literate role-play taking place in another world inhabited by monsters. Players start by being sucked into that world by portals that appear randomly on Earth. They are then taken in a strange Academy that teaches them all they need to know about their new environment. Once they have learned enough, they are allowed to team up with monsters and fellow students to accomplish missions.

The Encyclopedia is a compilation of all the information created for this game. It mostly contains articles about the various monstrous races one can encounter, but also some about the Academy and the world. It can be found in the Storybook forum, or alternatively by clicking on the link hidden under the word "Encyclopedia" right above.

This role-play was created by a small team of Midorean role-players. That's why the setup posts at the beginning of the role-play thread are made by different people. You can see a list of all the people who participated in the creation in the next post.
By the way, I'm always looking for other collaborators to create new items, monsters and everything else we could need. If you are interested, just PM me.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote        
Rules:

1. Follow Midorea's rules. I don,t need to explain that...

2. Be nice and polite when chatting in here. I don't care if your character is some sort of jerk, but this is an out-of-character thread.

3. Please stay on topic. This is an out-of-character discussion, where you can chat about the role-play and what you think should happen, what you would like to see, etc.

Official Collaborators and Role-Play Moderators:
This will be where I keep a track of the people who have worked and are working on the role-play. Moderators are generally collaborators who have spent a lot of time working on the role-play and therefore know it as much as me and are able to help other players.
If you would like to become a collaborator, please PM me.

Maeve: Moderator
MelancholyMelody~: Moderator -> On hiatus, don't PM!
BubbleTrouble -> On hiatus, don't PM!
Maverik -> On hiatus, don't PM!

Maeve

Joining Information

Accepting Requests: ON

If the "Accepting Requests" indicator above is on "OFF", it means that we are not currently accepting requests. Therefore, if you would really really like to join immediately, please contact one of the role-play mods (listed in the post above) with the reasons why you want to join now. Note that, the main reason why the indicator is turned off is because we are doing some work on the role-play, which shouldn't take long, so you can also just wait a little until it re-opens.

Now, to play with us, you will need a profile. Please fill the form below and PM it to Maeve. She will check to see if everything is correct and ask you to do any needed correction before you are allowed in the game. We will keep a list of the profile in some posts at the beginning of the role-play, so you don't need to post it anywhere once Maeve has approved it. If any changes needed to be done, please contact Maeve.

Code:
[b]Character's name:[/b] ((your character's name))
[b]Sex:[/b] ((character's gender: male or female))
[b]Age:[/b] ((character's age: between 12 and 18))
[b]Race:[/b] ((Always human when you start!))
[b]Rank:[/b] ((Always newbie when you start!))
[b]Specialization:[/b] ((None when you start))
[b]Description:[/b] ((physical/ mental description))
[b]Biography:[/b] ((a little story of how your character ended up crossing a portal, and any other information you want to share))
[b]Monsters:[/b] ((a list of the monsters you have (name/race); none when you start))
[b]Items:[/b] ((a list of the important items you have (special/magical objects); none when you start))
[b]Played by:[/b] ((your username))

There's a couple things you should remember when filling up your profile. First, you always start as a normal human, which is thrown into a magical world. Of course, your character can have an above-average strength or intelligence, he can have good athletic qualities or have a strange look, but he is human. That means , for example, that your character cannot be "like a vampire, with pointy teeth and a super-human strength", but he can have "a pale skin and dark hair because he loves vampire and would like to look like one". Your character should basically be someone you could meet while walking in the streets, without any extraordinary abilities.

Everyone starts of as a newbie in the school, except for the people who have helped with the creation of the role-play. That also means that you don't have any special items or monsters with you when you start. Don't worry though, you will quickly get some if you make an effort to post regularly. The other things are pretty simple, though if you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread or PM one of the role-play mods.
Maeve

Monster's Information:

So, players in this role-play will get a chance to team up with various creatures, called monsters. However, even if the monstrous races are described in the Encyclopedia, each individual monster can show special characteristics, from its colors and size to its powers. So, to help everyone keep track of who can do what, we have created a special form that each player will need to fill when getting a new monster. Note that you can only fill this form when we authorize you to do it (to prevent people from getting monsters when they are not supposed to). That form will then be posted in this thread and linked in the monster section of your character's profile.

Monster's Form:
Code:
[b]Name:[/b] ((your monster's name or nickname))
[b]Race:[/b] ((the race of your monster))
[b]Sex:[/b] ((male or female, usually))
[b]Element:[/b] ((your monster's element))
[b]Description:[/b] ((a description of your monster (color, size, etc.)))
[b]Items:[/b] ((special items and equipment for your monster, usually none when you start))

Again, if you have any question while filling this, feel free to ask them here or PM one of the role-play mods.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote        
This be for info...
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote        
This be for last info...

Now you can post!

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
*Explodes into the thread*

OH HEY THERE BITCHES!

Omgomgomg. So, first thought: Monsters. Elements. These bitches go together really well. Give an affinity to EVERYTHING.

Basics are fire, water, earth, and wind, along with dark and light possibly, but I had the awesome thought of sub-categories. Like, metal or rock creatures would come under the earth category, and things like lightning could come under the wind, or better yet, air category. (Even though as I recently found out lightning strikes upwards, and as I knew ages ago it's a connection between the earth and sky... and the upwards thing probably means it's more earth related but WHO CARES! The earth category already has some ideas and such.)
Fire might even come under light.

And stuff.

ANYWAY! I have vented out my ideas so far.

Excellent.

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
Reading your posts is always so much fun! Hai

Yes, monsters were originally split in four, or eight, elements (counting sub-categories and such). They were also classified by "Rank", referring to the level a student needed to be to be able to control them. And then there was a long description of what the monster looked like, what it could do, etc., etc. I don't have many things left from the monsters though, or maybe I just didn't make as much as I thought, or just didn't write them down...

Let's start with the basic story, shall we?

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote        
D'aww, shucks~ Embarrassed

Ooh, that sounds cool. I'm glad I've gotten my ideas down somewheres so I can always check back and things.

Indeed, let us! Oh Mai

Hey guys, as you may have noticed I'm currently not too active due to busyness, however if you need anything or just wanna drop me a line feel free to PM me, as when I check back I'm more likely to see it than posts. :3

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote        
So, we say portals leading to a world with a school in it... Any idea for the background story of it though, like why do portals appear and such? Or how the school got created? Or anything else?

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I thought the idea in the original dibby you posted was a good one for the school; that people turning up and not knowing what the world was like needed to be taught. That sounds like a great idea to me. :3

I was thinking as a background for why the portals appear it could be a sort of unknown magical force. Every now and again in the world the portals lead to the world gets into trouble like you said, and at that time portals pop up in our world leading to theirs'. Usually children are the chosen ones as they're seen as being purer and more innocent and open-minded than adults, and less likely to go out and spread the word about this place. And if they do, who would believe a kid?
Also certain kids are sort of chosen by fate because maybe they have a crappy life or think they're worthless and nobody loves them/they're useless and can't do anything right, maybe they want to run away and things, and it ends up helping the kids end up realising they're really special and a hero and such, and when they go home they don't feel as bad. A great example of the crappy life thing is if their parents argued all the time or something and of course when they get back they're just happy to have their child back and realise there are more important things in life than their stupid arguments etc., etc..

Of course there needs to be a reason behind there being so many portals now. Maybe there are a lot more kids needed, or something's going so wrong in the world the portals lead to that the very universe is starting to screw up and the portals are all crazy and stuff, or maybe some evil bad guy is opening them up to recruit kids for his side or something?

Woot.

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote        
I don't know why it makes me think of Peter Pan... Like "You're life is crap, then come to a happier world full of kids!" Hai Yesh, that sounds good. And I guess we can always add more details during the role-play if needed. So let's see the second points of the things to do...

School and ranking system... Yeah, so how do we divide the school. Does it have like Houses (like in Harry Potter), or do all the children are part of one huge group? And how does ranking work? If I remember correctly, the RP on Gaia first had four houses, than six, than four once again, and finally none. I kinda like having those though, but if we don't have enough members, they are kinda useless. I mean, having only one person to represent one house kinda sucks... And ranking... We used to start as newbie, like when you just cross the portal and need to learn everything about the world. Then, once you have learnt some basics, you had to pass an exam, leading you to get a bronze badge. After that, you could have one monster, and you would do missions and training with a team of three four people (3 lower level students + one high level student), until you were judged worthy of gaining a more advance badge. Of course, the more advance you were, the stronger the monsters you could control were. Yes, we were inspired by Naruto... and frankly I don't mind if we change this part lol Hai

MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:10 pm Reply with quote        
Hahaha, yes. Never Never Land!

I think the idea of Houses is good. It could even be divided up into elements, or perhaps even certain age groups. Which that it would be less competitive and more just about having different areas for different rankings. Like...House rankings. Neutral

Or whatever. Lmao.

Yeeeees. I think ranking is good. Needing to pass exams to show your basic knowledge of the world to go from a newbie to a bronze badge, then it starts to get into practical examinations. Maybe a short test on further things you've learned as you've been training and then a demonstration of those things along with some other things. Maybe a challenge you have to complete. If people were in teams there could be a single challenge to prove your worth alone and then a team challenge to show you can work well together.

I like the idea of teams. And if not too many people joined, or even if they did, people wouldn't always have to be on teams together, you could always make up a couple of people. If you were alone and made up your own team they could be like you NPCs, but only on a lower level, meaning your posts have to mostly consist around your main character with use of the rest as back-ups, not like a main focus and such.
And if you were with another person on a team then you could share the other team members. Like decide on the basic personality and things and then just go with the flow.
That sounds really complicated but it's only because I'm rambling and typing whatever comes to mind. When summarised and explained simply I'm sure it'd be cool.

In fact it's just basically, if you make other team mates for yourself/you and someone else, they're supporting cast members, so don't overdo it.
Of course if people can have a couple of characters it would help to not only add more characters into the world but you could even be a couple of people who end up on a team or something.

I like the idea of having someone a little older like as a mentor. We could choose between it being a teacher from the Academy who's there for general protection or just an older student (maybe from that world, so they're basically a teacher but younger so you can relate to them more and the main teachers can concentrate on the things going on in the classes/general stuff around the school).
It could even be that when you progress far enough in the rankings you don't need a protector/teacher anymore as you've proven you are capable of looking after yourself. Just like a guide and mentor who's always with you when you're learning the ropes but stands down when you can take care of yourself. They'd still be there to help and for you to talk to and learn from, but they're not always out in the field with you.

/super long postanz D:

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart
LadyHarpy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quote        
I will totally help with monster creating if you need it. I do need to know though, are the monsters humanoid or not?

bored? looking for a RP to join? check out my profile and read about me, there are some plots there for you to see!
MelancholyMelody~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote        
I assumed they were pretty much anything.

I think they'll be coming in all shapes and sizes.

Especially creatures that are dark or light I would imagine have some humanoid kinds. Like really powerful ones might look like Angels/Demons or something.

But yeah, I figure anything goes.

iluglimpse Bouncy Heart