Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:34 pm Reply with quote        
I'm having a slow going morning, and while I've been enjoying my daily cup of tea, I started to wonder - really for no damn reason at all - how "prepared" people actually are for Doomsday-like scenarios.

Living in the Northwest, I've always been to told to have a multiple day supply of water, flashlights, blankets, etc., in case the "Big One" a.k.a. earthquake, strikes. However, I've never actually put together anything earthquake related, and always assumed I could scrounge around in the post-Doomsday chaos and swipe a couple Snickers, or something.

So what about you? Have you actually done preparation for earthquakes/tornados/zombies?

No? Well, how about what's in your car/backpack? Could you survive on the junk rolling around in your back seat?

In my car, I have - through no real motivation to become prepared - a:

-Medical/First Aid Kit
-3 gallons of water (because my previous radiator had a mammoth of a leak)
-flashlight
-CPR mask
- a dully pointed wooden stake
-umbrella
-bungy cord
-tissues (cause, ya know, you always need tissues even if you're breathing in enough ash to kill your lungs in two years)
-hanger
-graduation cord
-reusable bag

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote        
Adam and I have two books, a bag of goldfish crackers, a plastic bag, and a couple of empty water bottles in his back seat. Oh yeah, and an umbrella or two. I don't think we'd last for long.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote        
Lol. Maybe not, but reading a book and eating goldfish crackers would be a good way to go. Are they the flavored kind? XD

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote        
Nope, just original. xP

neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote        
My favorite kind of goldfish!
While I only have jumper cables, a few waters, and some trash in my van, my skills would last me a long time. I know farming and scouting techniques, I've hunted and skinned animals before, etc. I mean, it wouldn't be long until I'm the leader of a ragtag group of survivalists.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote        
I'd be fine in case of apocalypse. I'd be prepared to survive THAT WHICH I UNLEASHED UPON YOU ALL!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

In all seriousness, I'd last all of half a day. I suck.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote        
Destroy all the people with supplies! Take their supplies! Be supplied!

Or make friends and share... that is a possibility also >>

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote        
We take my van down to our lake in the backwoods every other weekend, so it's pretty well stocked with camping and survival gear. It also helps living in the south where having plenty of survival gear (coughsgunscoughs) is pretty common.

Let's see... A bow, dozen arrows, BB Rifle with bbs, half dozen fishing poles, box of bait/hooks/worms, mini grill with extra gas, basket of shit including: scissors, screwdrivers, pencils/pens, chargers, misc. electronic parts, tissues, and gum, mini broom, toilet paper, shovel, metal detector, machete, and who knows what else is in there. We stock it full of stuff every time we go. So I'd say we're pretty set if there ever was an Apocalypse type scenario. Bring it! Weeeee

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote        
So, my doomsdays survival plan is a simple three step plan:

Step 1: Raid Outdoor Survival store
Step 2: Get to Cat's
Step 3: Let Cat shoot off the bad guys. I dont know anything bout shooting arrows or guns U:

::Shop::
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote        
@Chu: But, but what about the white cheddar kind!

@Neo Ya know, I can actually picture you really well as the leader of a survivalist group. You'd be covered in various furs, and in my head, hoarding all the original gold fish within 10 miles. XD Seriously though, those are very useful skills. You're one of those people I hope I befriend during the end of the world.

@Kath AND FROM THE HEAVENs THERE SHALL RAIN OREOS OF VARIOUS FLAVORS! AND THE PEOPLE WILL BEG, LET IT STOP! FOR WE ARE WEAK AND VICTIMS TO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING! AND THEY WILL FALL IN MULTITUDES, AND THERE WILL BE NO MERCY!

Okay, that's the best caps I got. XD

@lexi I guess we could share...but it is so much easier to steal and run away. lol I watched a showed once where a guy debated an over-prepared apocalypse woman about her survival kit. He basically said that she was weak and would easily be overpowered by anyone. He suggested she ditch the survival kit (which made her a target) and carry a Dumb-Dumb in her fist so she could stab people in the eye with the lollipop stick. I've never been able to look at Dumb-Dumbs the same way. XD

@ Catghost Holy shit, I would go to your place too. XD Who carries a machete in their car!? And a metal detector!? I would totally be your berry hunter if you took me in. XD I think I have the potential to build an epic tree house, too. Here's my resume.

@Angelic
1. Agreed. Even carrying an unloaded weapon carries influence.
2. Party at Cat's! From the windows, to the wall! XD
3. Yes, we'll let Cat do the hard part. We can make Fort Midorea, and watch as Cat goes all bad ass and Neo hunts animals.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote        
*quickly adds 'drown in oreos' on 'list of ways to end the world mwahahahaha'*

So...in case of apocalypse, get to Cat's house? Seems legit. Send me your address, Cat, it's the only way I'd survive the apocalypse without setting it off and therefore being prepared for only that particular scenario.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
Yes Saygen! I will farm and fix everyone's boo boos Bouncy Heart

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote        
Dying by Oreo would be like...choking on cookie dust, or something? Boy, that sounds like a drug reference. XD

Wait! Wait! I'll be able to heal people's boo-boos soon, too! Although for the end of the world, I'd rather be in construction - building an impenetrable fort armed with sling shots and molten metal, or something.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote        
I've learned a little from my dad with building, not nearly enough to help too much though U:

A world without power tools would make build a new shelter difficult.. repurposing a building would probably be easier.

fickle

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote        
we have a comforter, shopping basket, a bag of bags, paper towel, not sure if the flash light is still in the car, and other things under the trunk in case a tire blows, like tools and a wheel.

i have no idea what i'd do with the paper towel, as toilet paper maybe? i think it'd be kinda fun constructing a makeshift roof with all the bags. put some twigs on top so it's less noticeable. use the flash light as a chandelier and the extra wheel as a table if we lay it flat, fold the shopping basket and put it on top. we're going to have the illest crib