Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 132, 133, 134  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. .:| LOTA |:. D E A D_S E A S O N_ E V E N T
Pikmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:35 am Reply with quote        
Branny your Avi auto-wins <3
Greeeeen and bluuuueeeee....~
.. Sleepy..

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:34 am Reply with quote        
Dr. Tick Tock wrote:
I don't remember ever learning that... I only knew because I decided to stalk you and was looking at your first intro post you put here >_>;;

I'm just jealous. I don't like how so many people are naturally bilingual and can speak two languages so fluently and here I am struggling to learn a second language and it seems like its impossible.

...Also I remember when I was learning French and we were in Montreal (cause I live in a state thats right on the border of Canada and this was back when you didn't need a passport to go through), I was in a store with my brother looking at random stuff. Then I hear two people talking super fast, fluent French behind me and I turn and look and its two five-year-olds.

I felt so stupid xD I couldn't understand what five-year-olds were saying in a language that I had been studying for three years. It's just very frustrating.

Wow long post.

ALL OF MY WOES ABOUT LANGUAGE GUYS. THIS POST. RIGHT HERE. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW.

I dunno... I'm still sure I mentioned it before, but it's probably just my mind being all confused again. Also, I never said I could speak English fluently. Write, maybe. Speak... I just don't get enough practice, I guess.

Well, what's the second language you're trying to learn?
'cause obviously, if you're trying to learn Chinese or some other Asian language, it's kinda normal to struggle.
I mean, French and English are relatively close when you take out the stupid accents and stuff (same grammatical structure, same punctuation, same alphabet, basically everything that derives from Latin and stuff), so it's not that hard, especially if you start at a young age. Then again I'm probably biased about this, so just ignore this. Sweat

And I guess you were learning French, not 5-years-old Quebec French. The accent can already be a problem, since we tend to skip a bunch of syllabs and/or letters, and add swears and random words that have no apparent meaning related to what we were saying, but then with kids speaking really fast... I mean, even native French speakers could have difficulties understanding them, so yeah. Neutral

Woh, this thing's starting to be long... Roll Eyes
We should bring back that old thread about other languages.

And hello people! Hai

Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote        
Haha, actually I'm struggling significantly less with Chinese than I was with French. People always assume Asian languages are near impossible to learn, but I don't really know why. And Chinese is the hardest (well, save Taiwanese, of course), learning Japanese or Korean has got to be a piece of freaking cake. They basically have alphabets. Actually, Korean does have a bonified alphabet. ...I really want to learn Korean ablublublu Duh

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if you're a fluent speaker or not, the fact that you write this well in English is incredible. I can't even read my Chinese friend's statuses on Facebook or Skype.

... meh. -rolls around-

Don't want to go back to schoooooool.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote        
Must. Know. Mock. Battle. Winnerz *wheezes winnerrrsss*

Hehehehe I need to leave soon and won't be back till late, I probably wouldnt even find out if you started on it the second you saw this post o.o Anyway excited about that tonight... My poor Dazben has a -1 handicap against the others, though I hope they roll low and he pulls through as the underdog finding his way to the top... A black horse candidate Happy It works cause he is a centaur and part horse -shot-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote        
Weird. Neutral
I'd kinda like to learn some Asian languages. Not sure which one though. I probably still have some Japanese stuff somewhere. Yay for cleaning my room once a year and spending the rest of the year looking for stuff. Weeeee

Eh, thanks. ^^
I guess you're right. I'd probably be able to speak better if I was in an environment with more English people. I've seen more people speaking Spanish than English here.

Ugh, school. I kinda want to go, but I don't want to at the same time. Stupid mixed feelings are stupid.
And I should get my bag ready, so I'm not running tomorrow (running more, at least, 'cause I'll be running anyway).

Ugh, my arms hurts! Making bread is worst than doing push-ups. <.<''

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote        
-kidnaps Maeve- Now you can get better at speaking English~

Also.... English doesn't derive most of it's words from Latin. It's a Germanic language, we just basically stole eight million Latin words and threw them into our language because it made us seem classier or whatever. Don't remember the actual reason. Anyways shutting up now because everyone probably already knows that. ._.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 am Reply with quote        
Thanks for that, Ace ^^
I was actually thinking of attending some English/bilingual university. I'm still not too sure about it (not really because of the language though), but we'll see.

I love your vision of how a language is developed. XD
And I really like that striked smiley at the end of your post.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote        
. .

.w.

LOL

*has nothing else to contribute to this conversation* Duh

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 pm Reply with quote        
LOL Cat, best post ever.

I'm all settled in... but I've been in my dorm for ten minutes and there is already blaring music down the hall Roll Eyes fucking hate these freshmen urghhhh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
Photography Video Contest Winners!

Third Place is... Kupsy! She took something that she loved and integrated it into the entry. She also jumps over one of the most difficult obstacles out of all the entries! Very good job~ Bouncy Heart

Second place is... Weaseldale! She made a ridiculously crazy set up, and definitely went way over the top to do it. But definitely an entry that cannot be beaten in unique-ness and effort!

First Place is... Lexi Luthor! Her jump-- a vacuum with a sombrero hat-- was simultaneously simple, creative, and unique. Also her fall (while amusing to my sick humor) looked rather painful but she got back up and kept going! (But fail videos are always winners, haha.)

Congrats to all the winners! And everyone else who entered, seriously, I love all of you forever. I was super impressed with everyone's entries so it was unnecessarily difficult trying to choose winners. I hope no one wants to maul me down or something because that would be painful ; 3;

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
Hooray! Congrats everyone. Somehow I knew the Sombrero Vacuum would win though. XD

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote        
Catghost wrote:
Hooray! Congrats everyone. Somehow I knew the Sombrero Vacuum would win though. XD

Yeah, me too~ I loved it. ^^;

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote        
Yay sombrero vacuum woohoo. Also booooo for power outages I'm on my phone at the moment.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
Aaawh yaaaay thanks guys!! I am so happily excited ^_^ <3

Honestly I dunno what to say D:

Urrr... Chocolate milk is tasty, that is all.

Edit: THOUGH OF SOMETHING INTELLIGENT!

The fall wasn't actually that painful my super plush robe was so cushiony and such =3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote        
YAY for plushy robes also yay for the power being back on sooner than they said it would be now I don't have to be bored enough to consider going out with my ex husband on a stormy night just to get out of the house.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 116, 117, 118 ... 132, 133, 134  Next