Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Event Petal Place- Free Event Currency/elementals
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:01 pm Reply with quote        
I'm working on Wind because I have more of them, but really I'm hoping to just get them all before the event ends ):

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote        
Agreed- it'd be nice if we could get them all soon! But when does the event end? I saw a 10-20 on the front page...Does that imply it ends on the 20th, even though some of the contests and stuff end closer to the end of the month?
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote        
I really don't know ): Maybe the story ends on the 20th?

Yeah, we gave extra time to the art contest and the design a BMI contest because they require so much work. Everything else should stop on the 20th. Since Cat has been gone though, there /may/ be an extension. Don't quote me on that though: that's just my personal speculation.

Juneberry

That's possible! I don't know much about it...But I do hope you'll get what you aim for soon (and of course, I hope to get what I am for soon, too!).
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote        
I feel like maybe the event should have been a bit longer then 10 days? It really seemed to pull in a ton of new activity.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
It did. D: I hope that everyone sticks around. We don't need an event to chat and stuff.

How long do you think events should be?

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:12 pm Reply with quote        
In general, events do help bring in new activity levels, but the key is that activity remains even after the events. I've seen people who only log into sites for events before. It's sorta sad that that happens, but I think it just shows they don't truly care for the site much ><;

...I say, but I tend to just forget a site over time if I don't have the tab open constantly enough to remember ;-;
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote        
Well like, 10 days feels short but 20 feels too long?

For me two weeks always seems about right. But some people are busy and need more time than that? I dunno. I think it all comes to individual preference but I like two weeks or so, usually I can live with whatever is decided.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
Juneberry, I know what you mean. I just don't know what to do because we can't always have events running. Cat is the main pixel artist, and I do most of the writing. The person that we normally turn to for art is Kaishi, and she's pretty busy. It's hard enough to get 4 out in one year. >< That on top of commons updates, ARIs, and BMIs... Bleh. The most that I feel like we can do is just post frequently and hope that people consider it active enough to come back.

Ninja, I see what you're saying. I'll bring up a discussion about the length of events with the other staff members after this event is over.

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
Chu-

On that note, I keep forgetting to mention this. But if you and Cat ever need someone to help with basic item design or drawings for events because you're short handed or someone is too busy to do everything on their own, feel free to reach out to me. I really love Mido and would definitely be willing to volunteer to help with anything.

(and I guarantee my drawings look better than the bmi contest entry that I spent like 10 minutes on after coming up with the idea.)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote        
I'll keep you in mind, Ninja. :] I'm really glad to hear that. Thank you.

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
uvu <3

I would like to say I do love the lotus flowers for the event. They're super pretty this year.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote        
Happy I do too. Cat said she had a lot of trouble with the water one, but I love all of them.

x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote        
so I got Wind! Now just two more! Water and earth!