Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Zillah

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:38 pm Reply with quote        
My first internet habitat was quizilla.com about seven years ago. I deleted most of my earliest stuff shortly after I made it because I realized how dumb it was. But there is still some embarrassing stuff hanging around there. I used to obsess over people I had crushes on to the point of being stalkerish, and that was evident in most of the conversations I had with people there. The most embarrassing stuff is in the old journals I kept in ninth grade that I still have. There is some serious blackmail material in there!

By the time I joined an avatar site, I was sixteen, and I was too shy to post in the forums until I was maybe eighteen, so not much embarrassment to be had there anyway. xD
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote        
Oh wow... I had a Quizilla phase too. xD I almost forgot about that.

Unfortunately I've never been very shy. I can be a little reserved sometimes (particularly in real life) but not shy. So, I have some pretty embarrassing things on the internet.

One thing that I'll never let myself live down is my "anti-feminist" phase. I'm sure I made posts about it on here, too. I was an ignorant little asshole, and I deserved to be punched in the face.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote        
Oh god, the quizilla phase... I left when they took away the ability to like, customize your profile or something xD I had forgotten about it completely.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote        
Hahaha, quizilla. I used to frequent that shit A LOT back in my wee Jr. high school days.

*Dies.* Neutral Laugh

Whimsy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote        
Oh god, Quizilla. I feel myself cringing thinking about it. I think we're all guilty of reading bad fics about our celebrity/fictional crushes. At least I was on it when it was semi-okay before Nickelodeon took over.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote        
Quizilla is when I first got into anime for real... reading fanfics for shows I hadn't even watched yet :I

And they were so SO bad. Just. wow xD

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Zillah

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote        
Wow, so many people know what I'm talking about! This never happens!

@Chu: Lol, I was on quizilla until it switched ownership. I've gone back there a few times, but it's really not a good place to be. Though maybe it never was. It seems like its users have gotten younger since Nickelodeon bought it, but maybe they always were young and I'm just getting old. It's like going back to your elementary school and being mesmerized by how much tinier the lockers and the playground equipment is than how you remember it. xD

Haha, I will be honest: I can be a pretty big asshole too. I'm not an anti-feminist, lol, but I am a lot of other things, and if you get into a disagreement with me, I can be pretty mean. I'm not sure I consider any of that embarrassing though...

@Weaseldale: OH MY GOD, THAT. They said they were going to bring our homepages back and they never did! I think that was what did it for me too, actually. This was around the same time as I was learning CSS/HTML for myspace profiles (talk about embarrassing) and I had made an awesome page (okay so it was actually probably really bad since I was still learning to code, but I remember being very proud lol), and they disabled it.

@Whimsy: I did do that, hahaha! I mostly used it for the personality quizzes at first, but I did read my share of terrible stories there. At least I can say I never wrote one of those celebrity/fictional character fanfics though. I have written some terrible stories of course, but all were original fiction.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:25 am Reply with quote        
I'm embarrassed more by how ignorant I was... And how proud I was, too. Just making sexist jokes to piss people off and claiming that feminism no longer serves a purpose, calling feminists "feminazis," blah blah blah. ><

I never read fan fiction on quizilla, but I was all over the "original" stories, haha. XD Oh god, they were bad.

Zillah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote        
"Feminazi" is a hilarious word. I don't think I've heard anyone use it that I could take seriously haha. I'm a pretty proud person too, and I don't think that's embarrassing in itself. But when you later realize that you were wrong about something you were proud of, you feel like an asshat. :P

Yeah, "original" does really need to be in quotes! I remember I read one once and added the writer as a friend. Then maybe a year later I came across another story that started out exactly the same! I wrote a message to the writer who wrote the first story to let them know some jerk was ripping off their idea. And their reply basically said that their old story was total rubbish and the entire plot was a big cliche. They weren't the first to write that story and they wouldn't be the last. xD
realAniram

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote        
I had a Quizilla phase too. I left when they made a size limit on the quiz questions; I used to only go there for those sort-of-interactive-story ones. I was soooo pissed when they made that impossible.

I mostly just played the 'original' ones, but every once in a while I would play a fanfiction one. I also was sort of addicted to any 'which character in x fandom are you' or 'what color is your anime hair/eye/soul/spirit animal' things. And I was totally in that 'im so random lolololololol' phase then too. And also anti-punctuation.

Honestly, though, Quizilla was awesome for the function it served for young writers: a place where we could experiment and write everything our little hearts desired with others that were of the same age (more or less) as us. Thinking back on it, Quizilla seemed to have a pretty limited average age. xD Plus, it's hard to be completely original. It was hard way back when in the 18th century, and it's especially hard when you're starting out and just figuring out how to make your own narratives.

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
Zillah

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote        
I remember that too! I wrote a few stories like that, haha. Most of them were terrible, but the concept is pretty cool! They were like little choose-your-own-adventures! Even for normal quizzes I tended to write long questions, so a lot of my words were lost and that upset me too.

I wrote a lot of "which character are you" quizzes. Those were easy to write when you couldn't think of anything actually clever. xD I think I even wrote a few of those "im so random lololol" quizzes. They were mostly just me making stupid jokes about things. So pointless and stupid. ._. Oh and I also had a series of quizzes in which I claimed to be a psychic and just asked completely useless questions and spit out a psychic reading of some sort. All of them were generic things that could apply to almost everyone. (I learned the secret of horoscopes at an early age!) xD

I can agree with that. Smile When I left quizilla, I joined the bandwagon and went to mibba.com. My stuff never got much attention though. And I feel like I'm two old for that site now too, haha.
Revolushion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:29 pm Reply with quote        
Thankfully I rarely went on the internet as a person when I was younger, so the only things really floating around out there are some (Thankfully hidden) Rps... though I read those a few years ago and they were embarrassing then, so... xD

Oh, and there's my old DeviantArt account from grade ten... *shudder* I hope no one ever connects me to that account ever. EVER.

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote        
Oh boy, looking back at old messages is a hoot. Sometimes, I go looking for screenshots from a chat site I used as a kid and laugh at the insanity- both that of me, and the friends I had there. I also love looking up my username on the web to look for old RPs I was in. Though, if I look using my oldest username, it's really hard because it included a normal word that could be descriptive and an acronym that was both my initials and a type of coding (oops). But when I find stuff, it's hard to believe I wrote that and was super proud of it.
Revolushion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
Juneberry; I know exactly what you mean. I look back at my old art/pixels, and remember being so eager to show it off and I just shudder. xD And my writing... dear lord. xD

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote        
Oooh! Old art is always a doozey on the ego. I look at old edits i did to avatars when I was young and can't decide if I like it or hate it sometimes....