Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Take Back Halloween!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. `NUDE`BEACH ;; Almost here on time!
Whimsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote        
NO. WHAT IS LIFE. WHAT IS LIVING? I THOUGHT I KNEW BETTER THAN THIS. and now I'm morbidly curious.

I was just sobbing throughout that episode for the exact same reasons!and then i wanted to throw meredeth out a window

Nope, not yet. I started reading the the book and then I remembered how bad I am at reading long novels. The show is on my to-watch list sort of next to The Walking Dead. I'm scared to watch those shows. (i hear people die?)

Squid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote        
    Oh man.

There's a phrase. And it applies to a lot of things, but the first thing I heard it applied to was aSoIaF.

Everyone you love will die.

/gross sobbing/

WALKING DEAD IS REALLY GOOD TOO!

(Everyone you love will die)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 pm Reply with quote        
That is such an accurate phrase. I need that on a t-shirt that I can wear while watching my tv shows and sobbing.

I'm so terrified right now.

Someone hold me.

Squid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:43 pm Reply with quote        
    /gently wraps tentacles around Whimsy/

Don't worry. It will be okay. We'll get through this together.

Also I would buy that tee shirt xD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote        
I want to watch Game of Thrones. I don't know if I want to read the books though...
Squid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 pm Reply with quote        
    I just started the second book, and I have a friend who is all caught up so I randomly just text her in all caps ...

Let's see what the last one I sent was ...

"OH GOD A NEW NAME ON A CHAPTER NOOOOOO :c " (There are SO many characters and I'm only on book TWO.)

There have been other times, screaming about how stupid some of the characters *coughNedcough* are

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 pm Reply with quote        
There are many, many characters in the books? O.o Okay...maybe I don't want to read them. I would get confused.
Whimsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:57 pm Reply with quote        
-clings to tentacles-

;_____;

I had to stop and figure out which characters were which not even 20 pages in. Excuse you GRRM, please don't introduce 10 characters at once.

Squid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:59 pm Reply with quote        
    I mean, most of them are minor characters, but yeah, there are a lot of names.

And like ... different chapters are told from different people (Like in the first book, all of the points of view are Arya, Bran, Catelyn, Daenerys, Jon Snow, Ned, Tyrion and Sansa)

And there are just some chapters I get excited to read (Arya, Dany, Jon Snow, and Tyrion) and others that just make me groan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote        
The chapters are in different character's points of view? O.o Okay...definitely not reading the books...I'll just watch the show...sometime...
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote        
They aren't in first person point of view, they just focus on that particular character. It's a really good series that I really need to continue...

Squid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote        
    Yeah, that's a better way to put it.

It's like ... different settings? More like a bunch of ministories that are actually all the same big story?

DON'T LISTEN TO ME I CAN'T DESCRIBE THINGS BUT IT IS SO GOOD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote        
It is a fantastic story. You have that set of characters with their own storylines that intersect or deviate, all contributing to the metaplot, and it's reeeeeeally good.

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote        
Ahh...okay then...that's totally better than. Although when I book is written like that, normally it doesn't happen with more than two, maybe even three character. Once in a while could be more but from what I have read, it's never over five characters throughout the whole book where it does that.
Squid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:06 am Reply with quote        
    Well, to be fair, this entire thing is set over seven kingdoms.

Or, you know, they used to be seven kingdoms.