Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Take Back Halloween!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [games] Trick or Treat?
realAniram

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote        
Not even any little cousins or the children of good family friends? Do you babysit? You could have offered to take that child out. xD

My parents actually don't care if I go Trick or Treating or not, just so long as I'm safe. xD They actually were telling me to go Trick or Treat, but since I'm 17 I'd decided I was too old.

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote        
I will totally have to agree with that Cat.
Although a part of me is glad I am an only child...and on top of it, I am my grandparents (on both sides) only grandchild. My mom is an only child and my dad has a younger brother.

I don't babysit...I never have. Never was allowed to either.
Here you can trick or treat until you are 17 but after 14 or 15 you aren't allowed to wear a mask.
Whimsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
I know, right? Younger siblings/family members are the best excuse to go trick or treating. I took my brother out trick or treating this year.

My parents actually encourage me to go trick or treating every year (probably just so they can steal my candy). I'm starting to feel a bit too old for it now though. :3

I still can't believe there's an age limit to treat or treating where you live, TerrenaAnimula. Sad

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote        
Most of the places around here have one. :/ It's to keep children "safe."

I end up buying halloween candy when it goes on sale. *went a bit crazy this year*
Whimsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:47 pm Reply with quote        
I don't see how it really keeps kids safe. I mean if some creeper's creeping on children chances are they're not going to obey the law anyways...

My friend has said that her favorite day is the day after Halloween. Because then all the leftover Halloween candy goes on sale. xD I kind of have to agree with that logic.

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:49 pm Reply with quote        
I know! But I know our street had no kids trick or treating on it this year. And the kids that live across the street, their parents took them elsewhere for trick or treating.

I can't argue with that logic either. Happy
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote        
Wow more fun things. I guess I am kindave late to this party heh.

Whimsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote        
It always makes me feel sad when I see these empty streets with lit up houses when I go trick or treating. It's kind of sad when no one comes treat or tricking at your house. But eh. I guess you get lots of leftover candy? If you eat candy that is.

Cheap candy, what more could you want?
Happy
Squid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote        
    We didn't do anything for Halloween this year and it was lovely.

Although my Canadian went to a party after Halloween as Magnum PI

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah....I think my grandmother only got around 15 trick or treaters this year? Although I think that was up from last year though.

Cheap candy is only good if it is the good candy on clearance...otherwise the actual cheap candy that is being sold for even cheaper is nasty.
Squid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 pm Reply with quote        
    We didn't get any trick or treaters at my house.

Granted, my porch light was off, and I didn't want any, so.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote        
You have the weirdest page winners.
12th on page 5?

The only trick-or-treaters we got this year was my nieces. Living 2 miles down a back road discourages trick-or-treaters.

Whimsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote        
lol

We weren't giving out candy this year and the lights were off, but kids still rang the doorbell. Obnoxiously. Guys... can't you take a hint?

And yes I agree with that! Usually I just stick to my delicous brand name chocolate. Cheap candy makes me suspicious.

And speaking of cheap candy, someone gave out mints this year. Like complimentary restaurant mints. Like whut? i also got a packet of oatmal. i don't understand

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:26 pm Reply with quote        
We didn't have our light on either. We never give out candy during halloween. We just buy the candy and eat it ourselves. XD
Squid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
    I want some oatmeal now

._.

I would beat a child that rang my doorbell if the lights were off. One time my mother and I were watching television and some kid knocked on the door to sell something or something, and like, we just ignored it.

And the fucking kid tried to open the door (It was locked)

We were like wtf