Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Lorwen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote        
Just want to say that the events are NOT lurker friendly. If you are not much of a talker, and enjoy just playing around on the site, events are not fun. Too bad you couldnt make events where you have like a scavenger hunt and search all the site for event money or goodies. just a suggestion.. thank you for listening...

EDIT: now I'm getting laterns. If you guys upped the amount going out, thankyou. maybe I'll get some items after all! Awesome!
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote        
I actually find it interesting that you feel that way, because I actually find it harder to get enough Auras through talking, rather than click through pages of a thread :]

::Shop::
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote        
For the most part, I've lurked the entire event excluding a couple threads. Most of my auras have come from lantern-hunting, which means just flipping through the threads attempting to find lanterns, and I've gotten two sets.

But the reason the events aren't lurker-friendly is because the site wants and needs activity from users. But maybe they will incorporate more of this into the next event ^^;

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote        
I too find it interesting, as the event was built around finding and releasing lanterns which grants event currency, while earning currency for posting was a bonus for those who enjoy chatting.

Are you having trouble finding the lanterns?

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Lorwen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote        
yes..I've had trouble finding the lanterns. only found 4. I lurk about an hour to two hours a day on here.. and no lanterns. all the lanterns I found were only found when I was chatting. I'm shy, not much of a talker, but do talk once in awhile. so this event hasent helped me much. But dont get me wrong..I love this site. its fun reading the posts, and I love the Avatars..just dont get much items on events, actually, I dont get event items.. Confused
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
Interesting. Maybe some sort of scavenger hunt could be implemented in the future. Thing is, we typically go with whatever fits the theme of the event well. As the theme of this event is enlightenment and community, we put our focus on the forums: so we used event currency for posts and lanterns as random encounters.

Maybe some sort of scavenger thing could be implemented in the future. It's certainly an interesting idea. We'll just have to see.

Lorwen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 pm Reply with quote        
I've seen scavenger hunts on other Avatar sites, and it has gone quite well. But then they turned their scavenger hunts into having to pay real money to get the event items. I thought that the fun of getting the items was finding them. But they turned it into either making hundreds of replys on topics to get them, or spending real cash.

I will say the lanterns have started to come up for me now. And I do find that fun having to find them. So the event Has turned out fun after all. Thank you for the fun.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, that's ridiculous. :/ I'd certainly hope we never did anything like that. Sounds like something you'd expect of one of those bigger sites, though.

Anywho, I'm glad you're beginning to find more. :] That's definitely good to hear.

Lorwen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:47 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah.. it was rediculous. It was 3 different sites that I really enjoyed at one time. And I contributed alot of time to them till they pulled the "WE WANT YOUR MONEY" garbage. I just lurk on them now. Then I found this site, and I like it. Its not a money whore site. I like the atmosphere here. Its very friendly, Thank you for the fun!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote        
Right. I mean, I understand the need for financial support, considering the costs of pixel artists, regular artists, developers, all of that... But there are certainly better ways of going about it. I'd never wanna see Mido take that route.

And I'm happy to hear that. ^^ We actually worked on this event for months, haha. You're certainly welcome!