Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
Alix tore off a few paper towel, and started ridding her forearm of the ink. Eventually, her arm only showed the faintest of shadows where she'd drawn on herself, and those wouldn't disappear with only paper towels. Whatever, they weren't important.

The sounds of whips cracking came up through the floor, and Alix shared Martha's lack of understanding. The one thing that Alix had absolute control over was herself, and she would never willingly relinquish that control, let alone pay to lose that control.

Alix sat down across from Martha, and reviewed her week in her mind. She noticed Martha's forced smile, and made a point not to smile back. Alix didn't feel like chatting or small talk, so she just started telling Martha what she did that was Misus-related.

"Normal stuff," she said, "Set a few monsters loose in the schools, and general mayhem. I had Icarus and Remus looking for any Vilos energy, but they didn't find anything. I haven't set anything really angry loose anywhere because of the rain." The rain was messing with the ecology in the surrounding marshes and bayou, causing the animals a lot of trouble and making them much harder to control.

"So if any Vilos are in town, they might not have thought it worth their time. I'm planning on harvesting a few alligators next time I make a trip to the swamp and setting them loose all over town." Alix could take the spirits of dead animals and implant them into humans, creating monsters that were generally angry and always hungry.

"I've been experimenting," she said, "Just trying to control animals with more dexterity. I've sort of figured out how to control a skeleton a lot like I do with Remus and Icarus, but it's not a battle technique. I'm not aware of myself while I'm controlling...whatever. It's more for scouting or distraction, depending on what sort of creature it is."

More sounds of Nephytis' activities floated through the kitchen, and Alix fiddled with her lip rings, waiting for them to stop.

"Any questions?" Alix asked once silence fell again.

Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
Martha wrote, keeping her eyes glued to the paper, nodding to let her know she was listening. She didn't give exact dates, but that was all right; it was more for Martha than Nephytis anyway, Mistress hardly cared what day the harvests were done, as long as they got done that week. But Martha liked to keep things as organized as she could, so she took context clues from Alix's report to figure out times for each attack.

Martha glanced up at the mention of Alix's experimentation with a new technique. "Huh...sounds interesting. I'll make a note of that, keep up posted on how that progresses."

The dungeon door opens; Nephytis' voice and that of an older man are heard. Her tone is different: lighter, professional.

"...A very good session yes, I--Oh you flatter me Albert. Really! Oh nonsense, you're wonderful! Yes of course, I'll have Martha make that change for you. It's no trouble at all, you're a very valued client of ours, and I--oh no it's no trouble, she should be out of her meeting now, one minute. MARTHA, DEAR!

Martha flinched a fifth time that night at the mention of her name. She sighed deeply, shutting her notebook and looking at Alix. "...No, I've got everything I need. Good job this week, Mis-Nephytis will be very pleased with you." Martha rose from the table, making her way to the foyer. "It seems I am needed, so I'll see you next week. You know the drill. And please don't hesitate if you need the car or anything else, I--"

"NOW, MARTHA, PLEASE AND THANK YOU!"

"YES. I am I COMING," the words nearly hissing through her teeth. She turned back to Alix. "I doubt you want to be run through the gauntlet of Nephtyis fawning over us while she introduces us to one of her favored clients, so just let yourself out through the back there. And don't worry about locking it, Rosie and Agnes will be home soon. Thanks." Martha turned back to the threshold mentally gathering herself, and walked out onto the tile.

"Hi Mr. Franks. Yes, I remember you, it's good to see you again..."

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:30 pm Reply with quote        
Hyacinthe Catholic Academy Library 6PM

Angelica was sitting in the library behind the desk as was usual for a Monday afternoon. She was reading as well as monitoring some of the other students whom were there. She occasionally had to look up from her book to hush someone who was speaking to loudly, but otherwise there was never much for her to do but read her book on botany.

“You know you should actually try doing some of the things you read about from time to time child.”

Angelica sighed deeply ”So you keep telling me Nora not to mention my mother. I prefer reading more to application though when will everyone understand that. Just because I want the simple knowledge of how to do it doesn’t mean I want to do it.” She thought back to Nora her forever pain in the head since she had become a Vilos. If it wasn’t her mother telling her she should get her nose out of those silly books and start dating it was someone else either a teacher or such as now Nora telling her she should apply her knowledge of the things she was actually reading.

"Well maybe if you didn't always have your head stuck in a book you would have noticed it's time for you to leave."

She sighed again and looked at the clock noticing yet again that Nora was right and it was far past time for her to go. She packed up her things which included a few books on dating and boy's just to spite her mother for complaining about how she read so much.

“Could have told me it was time to go Sue.” She whispered to the bleach blonde that was next to her sending a text of some sort to a boy. The girl just waved her off and said something about go I don't care and went back to staring into her phone. Ange just shrugged not really understanding the concept of focusing on a phone all day and walked out to where her ride was waiting for her. She was thankful to have a ride seeing as the weather still hadn't let up any at all. She was also glad that she would soon be at home in her own room which was much like a library in the first place.

Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
After ten grueling, uncomfortable minutes of making small-talk with the man Nephytis had just spent the past 15 minutes spanking so hard that even the brush of cotton against his rear was unforgivably painful, Martha finally had the relief of seeing him out of the door too his limo. The two stood on the doorstep under the arch, out of the downpour, all Miss America waves and faux-pleasant smiles.

"Speaking of 'faux-pleasant smiles'," Nephytis began, Martha shoot her an uncanny look, "When is Samantha coming by? We need to see how her training is progressing." Nephytis walked back into the foyer, snapping a finger. At the sound, a dark cloth rolled from her shoulders down to her feet, creating a black flowing halter gown. She stretched and yawned, the seams of her skin emitting a small streams of deep indigo smoke as the were stretched slightly open, her voice overlayed with the other-worldly hollow that echoed into the vaulted ceilings. When she relaxed, the streams ceased, and her voice was normal again.

"If she's not home by now, it is safe to assume Rosie will be late. Agnes texted that phone you bought me and I refuse to use about staying over. Call her back or text her phone, or whatever it is you do and say that's fine." Nephytis headed toward the dungeon door, her hand on the doorknob.

Martha followed Nephytis inside, their paths diverging as she made her way to the kitchen, her mouth twitching. "You know, if you took the five minutes, tops, it would take to learn how to use that thing you could do it yourself."

"I could. But I won't. So I'm telling you to do it. And you're going to listen, like the good girl you are, and have always been yes?"

Martha froze in the threshold to the kitchen, her head turning slowly as if her old soul would cause her bones to creak, eyes narrowed. "...You're positively loathsome some days."

It was Nephytis' turn to stop, and she turned to look at Martha, for a long time, before walking over to her and patting her shoulder, a genuine smile on her face. "And when you have the iron nerve to tell me so, I am never happier. Now go do as I asked. I'm going to speak with Jack a bit. Let me know when she's arrived, and I promise I shan't make you wait." Nephytis kissed the girls forehead and went downstairs, shutting the door behind her.

Martha wasn't quite sure whether to fume or swell with pride, so she merely sighed, and grabbed her phone off of the counter, sending the relevant texts.

Agnes, you may stay at Lily's. We'll have Bateman send your clothes.

Samantha,

Nephytis has invited you to dinner tonight to discuss your training's progress. Be here at 7:30. Let me know if I need to send for a car to pick you up.

Martha Gray.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
Sami was busy adjusting her brand new hair clip when she got the text. She had just gotten her transformation down a few days ago, and she was still trying to get used to wearing things in her hair, as she was told by Nephytis to never take it off the moment she got it. "Ugh... why couldn't it be a necklace or something OTHER than a hair clip?" As she finally positioned it perfectly, she smiled and ran her fingers through her hair, allowing it to fall over her shoulders. "There we go."

She looked down at her phone and saw that she had a text from Nephytis, but she knew it was that Martha girl, as she was the one who usually sent the texts. She seemed a little dull, but Sami knew when to respect those with more experience than herself. Being the new girl, she had to find a way to earn her position among this new group.

Samantha,

Nephytis has invited you to dinner tonight to discuss your training's progress. Be here at 7:30. Let me know if I need to send for a car to pick you up.

Martha Gray.

Sami smiled at the offer for a ride, as she would have never dared to walk in this rain, and quickly texted back that the car would be most appreciated. She gave herself a once-over in the full-body mirror, deciding that she looked good enough to go out, and then left her room and headed downstairs to the living room. Her mother was still at the shop looking over the new inventory, so she quickly scribbled a note for her on the table saying she was going out to dinner with some friends. Then she sat in the main room and waited.

moptopperson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:03 am Reply with quote        
People on steps. Those. . . "customers" he supposed. While he didn't have anything against them personally, he just wished one of them would have been stupid enough to knock or open the door. If the key was about any way. He'd learned the hard way of trying to communicate himself by knocking. Customers got told it was "hardcore" session. Plausible lie. Besides, knocking had simply bruised his knuckles and the door proved much too heavy to kick open.

Mumbled voices.
One talking in glowing terms about the spanking he'd just got.
How. . . delightful. Jack glared at the door. "What the hell kinda door doesn't have a knob on two sides?"

Evil damn door. In this physics be-damned house. One day he'd woken to Nefitips suddenly in the room. Without any indication she'd used the door. That was the day he'd spat in her face, too. He hadn't like the shock of her simply being there. How long had she been there? Did she watch him sleep? Were there cameras?

Did she watch him all the time? Now he didn't even have blankets to hide under. Why was she watching him? What did she want, was there even a reason? Maybe she really was planning to kill him. Jack's breath caught in his chest. He hurled himself at the door and only succeeded in bruising his shoulder. He battered the door impotently with his fists before retiring to his corner.

A steady, clicking step.
He knew that step. It was her.
Coming down the stairs. . . . Had she heard him slam against the door? It wasn't time for another. . . "session" was it?

It just wasn't his day.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote        
Alix took enough steps toward the back door to make Martha think she was leaving, then snuck back in to listen to Martha's extreme discomfort. Nephytis may have been perfectly comfortable, in fact enjoying chatting with her clients, but her foster children felt awkward at best. Alix liked, or wasn't annoyed by, Nephytis' other charges, but she enjoyed every opportunity to watch Martha squirm.

After a while, Alix got bored and dashed out the back door, into the pouring rain. The sky was dark again, and Alix didn't bother following the driveway down the slope, instead running full pelt down the hill. Anyone else who tried that would have fallen as they were running and broken their necks, but Alix had practice. Not only could she commune with the various nocturnal animals around, she had a LOT of practice running from bullies at school.

Alix made it down the hill in half the time she'd taken to walk up it, and got just as soaked. It was only 6:30, and Alix's curfew wasn't until eleven, and she really didn't feel like going home just yet. She made it to Hyacinthe, and started walking through the streets again, taking much more time. She pulled a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from her pockets, and managed to light one in the rain. She raised her hood in an attempt to keep her head somewhat dry, but it didn't exactly work for long.

Alix continued walking through Hyacinthe, garnering a number of strange looks from the upper crust of society. Such stuck-up people and so depraved at the same time. Alix enjoyed killing them, but she didn't feel like transforming right then.

Instead, Alix ducked into an alley, and climbed up the side of a building. Once again, thank the bullies for that particular skill. She sat on the lip of the roof, looking out over Hyacinthe. She pulled a pen and scrap of paper out of her pocket, and started sketching the cityscape, hoping to stay unnoticed by the passers-by walking on the streets.

Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote        
Logan swiped his finger across his phone again, restless behind the front counter.

6:54

He sighed and tucked his phone into his sweatpants pocket. "So close" he whined to himself. The day just seemed to drag on and on, and when he got off work, he was headed to the hideout to train his powers some before anatomy decided that it needed to be done. His fingers rapped the counter impatiently, the mouse on the computer hovering over the clock-out button, just waiting for that clock to hit 7:00.

"Bye Logan. See you tomorrow" Shawn called as he and Eric finally headed out the door.

He flashed hem a smile and waved at them as they passed out of sight around the corner and out the door. They were a nice enough couple, friendly and no one really ever complained about them. They did manage to get around a lot though. He was forever bumping into them on the street, in the store, Eric was even an adjunct professor of something or other at the University. If he ever ended up having to take a class from him, it couldn't hurt to be friendly outside of the classroom.

His phone chimed, finally displaying 7:00.

"Oh sweet baby Jesus thank you." he said as the slapped down the mouse button on the clock out, grabbed his bag and dashed out from behind the counter. He waved good-bye to his supervisor on the way out, and darted out the door.

Outside the rain was lessening, not really a downpour, just more of that annoying drizzle that's just enough to keep everything wet.

"Thank you building permits with privatized underground parking."

Rounding the corner and heading down the stairs, Logan dug in his pocket and whipped out his keychain with a flourish.

"Hello baby" he said to his beauty. "Did you miss me?" He unclipped the helmet from its mount on the side of his motorcycle and slid it on and shrugged on his jacket from his bag before cinching the strap tight around his back. Kicking it into life, it roared into motion as he idled out of the spot towards the exit ramp, hanging a left out onto the street and cruising out towards the hideout.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote        
Nephytis had arrived at Jack's room, throwing the door open, if only to see if it might make his skinny frame jump. She looked around the dark room, the flickering oil lamps in the hall casting her long dancing shadow into the room. "Little one...how well can you cook?"

All right, I've sent Bateman. I do not know what is on the menu as of yet, but please text any food allergies beforehand if you would. That car should be there in a few minutes. Let me know of any delays beforehand.

We'll see you soon.

Martha locked her phone and set it back on the counter, going back to the table to resume reading her book. Her homework was done, her and Rosie's weekly harvest schedule written up. Rainy spells like the recent ones always proved fruitful for Martha. Rain was everywhere, making her job ludicrously simple, given her element. And when the storms hit...she smirked, remembering a particularly huge haul after a tropical storm back in September. She chuckled, and glanced up at the clock.

7:08 p.m. She'd be here soon.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
moptopperson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
The door swung open and hit the wall with a heart-stopping bang. Jack shoved himself back into the wall. It was her. Of course. Who else would it be? Who else slammed the door like it just didn't belong in her way? Then again, he always assumed that she thought doors would move out of her way by principle.

Rich people.
Though, she wasn't as bad as that prick of a driver.
Stuffing him in the trunk, goddamnit.

Little one. He hated that. . . Somewhat. It was a sight more affectionate than he expected though Jack couldn't stand that he almost liked it.

"Cook? I suppose I cook well enough. But what makes you think I'll cook for you, you crazy old bat?"

There, diplomacy. [/i]
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:22 am Reply with quote        
It was about 8:12 when the car pulled up to Nephytis's home, and Sami was already prepared with an umbrella for the short walk from the car to the doorway. She smiled and thanked the driver and stepped out of the car, umbrella popping open before her foot hit the pavement.

Due to years of pageant practice, Sami looked like a beacon of confidence. But in reality she was pretty nervous. What would Nephytis think of how her training was progressing? Was she going a little too slow? She wasn't quite sure how training for these kind of things worked, so she just did as she was told for now until she got the hang of what she was doing. Hopefully she was moving at a decent pace and was ready for the next step, whatever that was.

When she made it to the shaded overhang in front of the door, Sami put her umbrella down and walked up, the clicking of her heels echoing across the overhang. With a perfectly manicured finger, she pressed the doorbell.

Atraea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
"AHAHAHAAHA oh aren't you darling?" With a graceful flourish of her arm, Jack was yanked off of the floor about 2 feet in the air. Another come hither motion, and he followed her down the hall, strung along an invisible twine by one foot. "And to answer you question, because you have no choice." The doorbell rang as they reached the top of the stairs. She paused only to say, "Martha! Be a dear!" and kept on to the kitchen. She dropped him on the tile, in front of the fridge. "Italian. Three courses. Red wine. You have ten minutes to pick a menu, once you do, let me know. I'll make sure you've everything you need." With that, Nephytis smirked, ruffled his hair, and strutted into the dining room.

At the sound of the chime, The Bell Jar closed with an audible clap, Nephytis' sing-song tone nearly grating against Martha's ears. She didn't even look at the clock on the microwave, she knew they were late. "Be on time, on time. That's all I ask of anyone. Punctuality. It's not a hard concept people." She ducked under Jack's dangling frame on the way to the foyer, stopping at the door to straighten her dark blue frock. Looking up from her dress, she took a second to examine Samantha's poised shape on the other side of the glass. Samantha always seemed nice enough. Martha's grandmother would've said that Samantha was the kind of girl who "carried herself well." Whereas Martha was simply mannerly, Samantha seemed almost genteel. There was something underneath her lady-like demeanor that was a bit...off, but that's probably why Nephytis picked her in the first place. As per her routine, she took a small breath and opened the door, a small smile.

"Good evening Samantha. This way please." Martha motioned the girl through the door. "Feel free to leave your coat and umbrella, I'll have Jack take them." She looked over her shoulder toward the kitchen. "Jack! Come take Samantha's things please!"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
moptopperson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:01 pm Reply with quote        
He was lifted into the air. Jack flailed impotently against whatever force held him aloft. He strained his legs. To push himself downwards, to set his feet back down. He gave up and pouted, hanging in the air. Defeated, he muttered as she dragged him along like some sort of obscene balloon. "Thinks I'll cook for her. Crazy witch. Stupid magic. Don't think she'd like raw chicken, though." But his plan to poison his captor was a bit too far. There were other people in the house. And one murder charge was better than several.

He was set down in front of the fridge. The young man crossed his arms and glared at her as Nefitips walked away. "Italian. Three courses. Wine." With spit in each one. Too bad she'd notice if he switched the wine for vinegar.

Ten minutes. Some sort of anti-pasto. Good crusty bread, lightly toasted. Some sausage or ham and marinated artichokes, cheese. Easily enough to do. For a main course. . . The only thing he really knew how to cook was a carbonara sauce. Over whatever noodles he had on hand. Penne. And for afters, well, tiramisu (definitely spitting in each layer he could manage).

His name was called. By that one, the polite one. The one that did everything secretary-like Menu decided, he stomped to the front of the house to look freedom in the eye and promptly be handed coats and other things, of course. "Why can't you do it? Do everything else." Jack waited, hands proffered to take the items. He did not wait gracefully.

As soon as he was out of sight, he was dropping that shit on the floor anyway. He had to tell The Witch about his "menu".
Nuklearsamurai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote        
Not for the first time, Logan wished motorcycle helmets came with windshield wipers. One of these days he'd have to get a pair of goggles for the rainy days. Screw his hair, it's not like his buzz-cut retained a lot of water anyways.

He slowed down some as the rain picked back up, pouring off his helmet and biking jacket. Quickly checking behind him, he turned down a side street and cut through to the main avenue, finally pulling into the driveway in front of an abandoned looking house. Graffiti covered the front porch, the windows were boarded up, white paint flaked off the brickwork, and the small yard was choked with weeds behind the wrought iron fence. He kicked his bike up to the gate and dug in his shirt for the key that he kept on his transformation trinket to unlock the heavy iron padlock. Pulling the thick chain through the gate and hanging it around his neck, he walked his motorcycle through the gate and put the chain back and slammed the lock back in place, wheeling his bike around back where a small sheet metal garage had been erected for their vehicles.

After closing his bike up, he jogged through the rain to the back door, and reaching for the key again, unlocked the heavy windowless and spraypaint art-ed door, entering into the dark hallway and letting the door click shut behind him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:24 am Reply with quote        
Sami looked over at the man they called Jack as he walked off. He seemed a little... angry at something. Whatever. Everyone had their angry moments and she wasn't going to intervene.

"Sorry I'm a little late. There were a few traffic problems due to rain. Have I kept anyone waiting?" She practically glided as she walked across the floor to a chair that had looked as if it wasn't recently occupied.

As she walked further into the house, she was awed by the size. It made her mother's place (Which was quite large, by the way) look like a shack. There were points where it looked like it could go on forever, but she knew that was impossible. The place was only as large as the building allowed it to be.

She re-adjusted her hair clip, even though she had re-adjusted it at least twelve times on the car ride here. No matter what, it felt awkward. Then again, she hated wearing things in her hair, and if it were a normal clip, she would have thrown it across the room in frustration by now. But it was not a normal clip, and she was told to never take this one off, so she did her best to deal with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next