Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic [IC] Zombies on a Plane (much more terrifying than snakes)
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:54 pm Reply with quote        
NYC AIRPORT January 3, 2012 3:49 PM

The weather is decent for January, it is 52°. The sky is partly cloudy and the sun is getting low in the sky. Sunset is at 4:30 PM. The flight from Salt Lake City arrives at 4:01 PM.

Start.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote        
January 3, 2012 3:49

When Luce walked into the giant airport, she was utterly lost. Luckily she found a nice samaritan to point her in the correct direction. Once reaching the counter she was directed to she had to wait about 10 minutes in a long line before actually talking to a lady behind the counter.

"Hi, I am here to pick my brother up, he's supposed to be getting off of the flight from salt lake city." the lady nodded and then asked her a few questions before handing her a piece of paper and saying, "This will let you wait outside the gate for your brother. Just go that way and read the signs and you should find the right gate."

Luce took the paper from her and headed in the direction she pointed in. It was so crowded in the damn airport, probably because it was a few days after new years. After reading some signs and asking a few people for help she was finally at her destination. She went and found a seat outside of the gate and planted her butt on it. Why was her brother visiting anyway? She much rather be home playing xbox or something.

She groaned and looked at her watch. 3:59 the flight should arrive in a couple minutes. Little did she know it would be more like a half hour.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quote        
January 3rd, 3:50
Spencer glanced down at his watch for what must have been the tenth time in the past half hour. Why did time seem to move so slow when he had nothing to do? The internet connection in JFK was atrocious, not to mention the fact that he couldn't find an open outlet anywhere, so his computer was out of the question. All of his comics were in boxes, being shipped across the Atlantic. Nothing to do until 7 PM, when he would move to the international terminal, and wait for his flight to London there. The only reason he wasn't there already was because this terminal had the best salads that Spencer could find that he could actually eat.

The line moved forward, and Spencer stepped up to order.

"Yea, can I have a Caesar salad, no egg, or croutons please," Spencer said, already reaching for his wallet. He paid, then sat down at the gate across from the deli. Spencer never ate off the tables. Once, he'd gotten sick in Atlanta airport after eating Popeyes at their tables, and when you've thrown up spicy chicken with at least ten men listening, you become careful.

Spencer decided to drain his computer's batteries for a little bit, and booted up Project 64. He plugged his headphones in, and started playing Ocarina of Time. He shouldn't play for more than half an hour. Any longer, and he'd have to read Sky magazine on the flight. Spencer had read Sky magazine once on a flight, and had gone home a bought enough products for his entire family for Christmas, and his bank account ached for months.

Spencer glanced at his watch again, and groaned. He pushed his glasses farther up on his nose, and slumped closer to the screen, hoping to lose himself in Hyrule before he went mad with boredom.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote        
January 3, 4:20

After a couple minutes passed, and the plane didn't arrive Luce began to worry. She didn't want to be waiting for such a long time just for a stupid plane to arrive. She looked at the time on her cell phone after even more minutes passed; 4:20. She groaned. When would the flight arrive? She was just about to get up and find herself some food when the plane finally arrived. With one last glance at her cell phone it was 4:30. Took the damn thing long enough. She got up out of her seat and stood looking for her brother to come through the gate.

At first, it took much longer than usual for people to start exitting the plane, so she thought that maybe she was wrong and the plane really hadn't arrived yet. She wasn't all to sure. Her posture became awkward, as she waited. And then she heard a noise come from the gate. It sounded much like a groan. "Uhm." she said, confused.

Then a few people came ambling forward through the gate. Ambling? Why were they ambling. As they came into the light of the terminal the dead flesh became visible and the stench that rose from them was revolting. What the hell was going on? What are those things?

One of the people recognized someone ambling off the plane and screamed their name and ran towards them, did the idiot not realize the oddness of the person they were about to hug? But it was too late and the creature bit into the shoulder of the oblivious idiot.

"Holy shiz nits!" Luce screamed and stumbled backwards almost falling on her butt. One of the creatures heard her and turned towards her then quickly went in her direction. Luce screamed, turned, and ran away. She stopped running and turned back to see many more of these.. Zombie like creatures coming from the gate. Where was her brother? Was he a zombie too? She stood still terrified, and shaking as more zombies advanced.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 pm Reply with quote        
January 3rd, 4:25

Spencer glanced down at his watch, and shut the computer. He stowed the computer in his bag, and put the half-eaten salad away as well. He leaned his head back, staring up at the boring ceiling. JFK airport was full of glass walls and interesting art pieces, but the ceiling was boring as ever.

A few minutes passed as Spencer couldn't bring himself to move, and the flight due at the gate next to him arrived. There was a crowd, waiting around the gate, which Spencer paid no mind. Crowds around gates were normal, especially if the flight was late, which this one appears to be.

Then the noises started. Spencer heard the groaning, and it reminded him of Night of the Living Dead. No...not possible. When the scream sounded, Spencer stood up, along with everyone else in hearing range. Spencer climbed onto the chair he'd been sitting on to get a better view.

"Zombies," he whispered to himself, simultaneously terrified and thrilled. A lot of people were screaming, and a lot of them were running away. There was one woman standing still, that the shambling, stinking corpses hadn't gotten yet, although they were getting close. Spencer grabbed his bag, jumped forward, and grabbed the woman's hand.

"Run!"

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote        
January 3, 4:29

Pulled out of the terrified trance Luce blinked hard as she began to run holding onto a man's hand that seemed to have come from nowhere. She looked at him as she ran as far from the zombies as possible and took in every detail, as time seemed to be moving 5 times slower than usual.

She looked away from him and to where they were running. Many people scattered running in different directions, calling for family and panicking when they didn't recieve a reply. She was still trying to grab hold of what exactly was going on. The were actually zombies taking over an airport? She shook her head, this was all so surreal.

Luce gasped for air and pulled and the man's hand trying to make him stop running. She took a couple deep breaths, she didn't need to have an asthma attack in the middle of a zombie problem.

"I'm sorry, I think we are far enough away for the moment, I really need to catch my breath." she said inbetween gasps for air. She turned around to look and see how far away the problem was. They seemed safe for the next, maybe two minutes.

"Do you know what is going on?" She asked him, of course he didn't know though, it was silly of her to ask.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote        
January 3rd 4:32

"You okay?" Spencer asked, "Did any of 'em bite you? Dude, that was hella weird. Were those freaking zombies?" Spencer was breathing kind of hard too. He ran from jerks pretty often, but this was slightly different.

"Do I know what's going on?" Spencer repeated, only panicking a little, "Of course I do! Zombies in an airport, what else? I always knew they existed! There couldn't be this much lore without there being a source! Holy fracking crap! Did you see those guys?! They look just like the ones from the Walking Dead! I guess it's a good thing zombies are stupid, right? TSA should be able handle them. Wasn't a big plane, right? Yea, can't be too many zombies. Zombies are easy enough to kill. Holy crap zombies." Spencer sat down suddenly, holding his head in his hands.

"I'm not going insane, right?" he asked, "Those were really zombies, right? Please tell me I'm not seeing things...I get enough guff for saying things like 'fracking' out loud."

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote        
January 3, 4:40

"Yeah.. I wasn't bit I think I am fine." She said noticing he was also breathing pretty hard. When he started freaking out just a little bit she put a hand on his shoulder, "Hey calm down. Haven't you ever played and zombie killing video games? If you start to freak out, you die." she thought about her wording and realized, it wasn't all that comforting.

"What I mean is, get yourself together. I am pretty sure those are zombies and they are coming in our direction, so..." she said and held out a hand to him, "We should probably get going again."

A voice sounded over an intercom, "Ladies and Gentlemen the JFK airport is now under lockdown, all exits are blocked. Please remain calm as we deal with-" the woman's voice cuts off and is followed by the sound of screaming.

"Well, that's not reassuring.. the hell." Luce grunted, her calm nature seemed almost too calm in such an enviroment. When she thought about it a little more she became unnerved, "M-my brother was on that plane.." she shook her head, she couldn't panic. "Come on, let's go, I don't know this place real well so you are going to have to take the lead and find us shelter."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
January 3rd, 4:41

"Sorry, don't play many zombie video games. I prefer older stuff," Spencer said, pushing his glasses further up on his nose, "But you're right. I have to keep it together." The announcement came over the PA system, sounding surprisingly clear.

"Wonderful," Spencer groaned, "We're stuck in a locked airport with zombies, and a handful of overweight TSA agents who don't know how to use weapons. Ugh, if only we were in Detroit!" The tram and its elevated track would have been perfect to avoid the zombies until someone took care of them..

"Yea...follow me," Spencer said, and started jogging along the terminal People around him were already shouting at the air, asking questions. They didn't know what was happening on the other end of the terminal. Spencer kept shouldering his way through clusters of people, making sure the woman behind him could keep up. He continued to push through, eventually coming to the Delta Crown Room. The reception desk was empty, and the door leading to the Employees Only section was ajar.

"Upstairs," Spencer said, "It has a view of the terminal. We should be able to see if anything happens. Plus, there's a kitchen, so we can find weapons if we need to."

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:32 am Reply with quote        
January 3rd 4:49

Surprisingly Luce easily kept up with the man as he lead her through the terminal. When they arrived at the door she nodded in response to the man telling her to go upstairs. She really needed a name for him, but it wasn't really the time to ask yet so instead she walked through the door, waited for him to go through as well then closed it behind them. She fiddled with the handle looking for a lock. Luckily it did have one since it was an employees only section and she locked it.

Once upstairs she turned to the man, "So what is your name?" she asked as she walked over to the window overlooking the terminal. "Holy shiz nits..." she gasped. Many people were on the floor eaten alive while other bodies rose what seemed impossibly from the ground. "This is a horror story." she said and backed away from the window shaking her head, still trying to grip the reality of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote        
January 3rd 4:53

Spencer led the way upstairs, taking the steps two at a time. He made it to the employee part of the Crown Room, and crossed to the window.

"By Luke's lightsaber," he swore under his breath, "It's like Zombieland down there..." Spencer had to turn away if he wanted his dinner to remain where it was. If it was Zombieland, then he needed his list of rules. Because Zombieland was more recent material, Spencer didn't have Columbus' list of rules committed to memory, but it was on his computer somewhere.

The sound of the lock mechanism shutting caught Spencer's attention. The woman was being smart, locking the door.

"Hang on," Spencer said, looking around for a solid piece of furniture to barricade the door, "Help me with this table." Spencer started dragging one of the larger tables in the room toward the door, and shoving it underneath the handle.

"There, that's better," Spencer said, breathing hard. "I'm Spencer Ramsey." He toyed momentarily with the idea of giving her a fake name like in Zombieland, but there wasn't much point. "What's your name?" Spencer pulled out his computer as the woman looked on at the horror, silently agreeing with her assesment. He plugged the computer into an open outlet, and opened his Zombie Apocalypse folder. In moments, he had his various scenarios opened, and was reviewing the possibilities.

"You mentioned video games back in the terminal," Spencer said, "What sort of games do you play?" He needed to know her skills. Rule #8: Get a Kick Ass Partner.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote        
January 3, 5:00

After helping him with the table she offered her name as well, "My name is Lucinda." she said and walked to look over his shoulder at the computer screen. "You have a zombie apocolypse folder? It's like you were planning for this. Though I also have a zombie survival plan you know."

She was squinting to look at his computer screen, video games late at night make your eyes fry and she probably needed glasses but never bothered. To answer his question she said, "I play a lot of first person shooters including left4dead." She leaned away from the computer and looked around the room. There was a nice little kitchen nook in the corner for the employees to help themselves with during work. "hmm.." she pondered and walked over to the fridge and gave it a tug. Inside were a couple box lunches and yoghurts as well as some fruit.

"We should probably eat the cold food first, we might need the dry stuff for travel and you never know when the power may go out." she said pushing a few things aside in the fridge. "Oh! Jackpot." she said pulling out a pudding. She looked at the pudding in her hand and then back at Spencer. Probably wasn't the time or place for pudding, with a sad smile she put it back in the fridge and then went for the cabinets.

"There is probably enough food for I dunno, maybe three days, a week if we don't pig out or find another survivor." she said glancing over her shoulder at Spencer. "Should we look for survivors to take in? It would be the right thing to do but... It might slow us down." she said and walked back over to him and resumed looking over his shoulder at the computer.

"Find any good info?"

((Kay you can go now Happy!!!))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote        
January 3rd 5:05

"Heh, yea," Spencer said, looking at his folder, "most of these are notes for games I play. Never really thought it'd be this sort of helpful. It's not really a zombie survival plan though, it's just a collection of data for reference. What's your zombie plan?" Spencer brought up the more prevalent data sheets.

"Right then," he muttered, "Those zombies transformed fast, so think 28 Days Later...Did you notice how fast they were moving? I need to compile a list of data, just so we know exactly what we're dealing with." Spencer was already creating a new file, and placing the data that he knew in, and creating viable survival plans.

"First person shooter," he mumbled to himself, "If we get in trouble, and we get a gun, that'll be helpful." He put that data into his table as well. At the mention of food, Spencer looked up from his computer.

"I'm allergic," he said, "To...everything basically. I'm sure I could find stuff something in there to eat, but most of it's yours. Survivors..." Rule number 17 flashed in Spencer's mind: Don't Be a Hero.

"If we see any that we can actually help, we'll help them, but for now, this is the smart place to be. Info is everywhere. I need to be able to correlate it in the right order and make the right connections, and then translate from these false universes into this one, and make allowances for our abilities, which, no offense, probably are not the same as the protagonists in movies. But yes, I'm doing it rather well. The more information I can get though, the better." Spencer pushed his glasses up farther on his nose.

"I don't suppose you have a working cell phone, do you?" he asked, "I've got a few friends who would be extremely helpful, but I don't have my phone with me at the moment."

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote        
hmm... she thought for a moment before responding, "Well originally I based it mostly off of that movie zombieland. Which was an awesome movie. But then in my head a have a bunch of plans on different situations, though I have to admit this situation never came to mind." she said. She moved back over to the window to see how fast they were moving. It was looking worse down there, she was surprised nobody tried getting in their room yet.

"They seem to move no faster than.. I guess a light jog if that's what you could call it. Oh shi-" she said and backed away from the window. "That is some gruesome crap, I really need to get over that." She walked back over to him and pulled out a chair and sat down with him at his table. "Well, you know I do know some karate, so I am pretty good with the Bo staff. I can keep the zombie back if I find a pole or something, but I would think that just like in the movies you need to seize their head to kill them. But I really don't know."

She reached into her pocket to retrieve her cell phone and she pulled it out with a big smile, "I got it right here! Oh wait, my battery is at like 5%." she said looking it over. "I don't know how much time you'll have and I don't have my charger on me, sorry 'bout that."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote        
January 3rd 5:09

"Zombieland's really useful," Spencer said, "I've got the list of rules. Speaking of, I need to find a skillet. You may have karate belts, but best training I got was running from the bully during recess. I need a frying pan. But I'm sure we can find you a curtain rod or something vaguely staff-ish." Spencer bowed his head, his fingers flying over the keys faster than ever.

"Light jog," he muttered, "Good, that'll make it easier. Sprinters are hella hard to outrun. Forget the phone then, if there's no battery. Someone must have called 911 by now, or the airport locking down must have triggered some sort of alarm. Save the battery for later. We might need it." Spencer glanced out the window.

"Eugh, reminds me of that one shark week my brother made me watch," he said, "Although...these zombies have probably killed more people in the last half hour than sharks do in a whole year. One reason I study Dawn of the Dead instead of Jaws. Why are people scared of sharks anyway?" At this point, Spencer was mumbling to himself as he completed his chart. "Just a few aquatic creatures that like to eat seals. I'd be much more scared of people, especially because people can turn into zombies and werewolves and vampires. D'you think there are werewolves and vampires too? Oh, I dunno."

Spencer shut his computer, and stood up.

"Lucinda," he said, "We need to find another way out of here. Rule 22: When in Doubt, Know Your Way Out."