Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic [OOC & Profiles] ...To The End of Sanctuary Survival RP
Reika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:42 am Reply with quote        
OOC & PROFILES

Here be the chatterings concerning the '...To the End of Sanctuary' Roleplay, as well as the character's profiles.

Anything related to anything in the RP is to be discussed here. Make suggestions for the story or make plans with other players. Ask questions.

Announcements will be made here. Check back often.

Reika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:47 am Reply with quote        
Profile Form:

Please post form in this thead

Quote:
Name: [Character name. Please don't use some kind of poetic japanese meaningful name]
User: [Your Midorea account]
Initial Belief: [what religion/belief your character has in the beginning, as it may change during the story]
Class: [What was your character's job when Luoruitum was still habitable?]
Physical description: [Picture link and/or text]
Personality:
Biography:

Character Profiles:

----------

Quote:
Name: Nohle Eligius Tristam [a.k.a. Brother Eli]
User: Reika
Initial Belief: [devout] Vauliant
Class: local Priest
Physical description: [Nohle's poor little head]
Nohle is twenty-one years old. He has a clear complexion, and lively reddish-brown hair. However, his pear-green eyes are shadowed and tired, and his long and thin body shows signs of being overworked. He has little physical strength. Still, he manages to smile most of the time, though it may look a bit sad.
Nohle wears a black mantle signifying his priest hood, and long black shirt and slacks uniform with flat-toed black leather shoes. A lot of the time he can be seen carrying Vaulian scrolls, texts, and various tools used to manage the Aurelis. But even when venturing into town, Nohle rarely ever wears common clothing.
Personality: Nohle is usually a calm person and manages to keep a cool head. He is good at listening to people and is used to being sought after for comfort or advice, but sometimes can care too much. He is also strong in his beliefs.
Biography: He is the only child of two spice merchants who would travel often in order to do business. As a child they often left him at the Aurelis during their long trips and eventually Nohle came to be immensely interested in Vaulianity.
Nohle originally became a devout Vauliant through studying the vast archives of scriptures near the crypts underneath the Aurelis. As he was learning to become a priest, he became more patient, better at listening and understanding and gaining other priestly qualities
In the time before the Light, Nohle worked as an assistant to the Reverend at the cathedral. Unfortunately, because of conflicts of interest between the Luoriutum governing chambers and the church of Vaulianity, the Reverend was frequently called to the courts and Nohle was left on his own to care for the Aurelis and its regulars.
Life wasn’t hard, but it was hard work. Cleaning and listening and advising and managing clerical work; almost everything was left to Nohle. But in this way, he became more of a figurehead for the cathedral to the citizens of Seceliero than the Reverand was.

----------

Quote:
Name: Valerie Terra
User: Malverne
Initial Belief: Technically Vauliant, but she doesn't think about religion much.
Class: Thief for hire. Shadowy political mover.
Physical description: Valerie is small and thin, allowing her to fit in small spaces (an ability useful in her trade). She has dark skin, bright white teeth, dark green eyes, and long black hair that she keeps up in her hat. During the day, when out and about, she wears what's expected, but when on a business meeting or performing a theft, she wears mottled grey clothes, allowing her to blend in nicely. She has a mild amount of magic, allowing her to obscure her form and escape notice. She cannot however turn invisible or disappear in an instant.
Personality: Valerie is shy, not liking to talk to someone that she doesn't know well. She has her goals though, and won't stop until they're completed. While fighting, she won't run away unless she honestly believes that the fight will get everyone killed. She'll die to protect the ones she loves, but only if she thinks that that is the ONLY course. She doesn't do unnecessary things.
Biography: Valerie's parents were middle class people, and devout Vauliants. Valerie and her twin brother James grew up Vauliant, but they saw how blind their parents were to anything besides the religion. Eventually, after they both turned eighteen, they left their parents and made their own living. They somehow found themselves criminals, with James setting up the deals and Valerie actually commiting the crimes, and they decided to use this to their advantage. The pair had a political agenda, and Valerie undertook a few grisly tasks to further it, despite her misgivings. The siblings lived under the church in the crypt, James being a more serious Vauliant than Valerie. He liked being close to the church, so they snuck into one of the never-visited area of the crypt and never really left.

When the twins were twenty five, the police started following them. Since then, they've been much more careful about who they talk to, and who they do jobs for. however, the police do not know that the twins are two people: they believe that the same person prowling the streets is the one who actually steals and does other sorts of illegal activity.

James was/will be (I don't know when in the timeline the rp will start) out prowling the street when the Light comes, so he doesn't make it. Valerie on the other hand, will be hanging (literally) out in the bell tower, because she loves the view.

----------

Quote:
Name: Ridge Mattlock
User: Malfise
Initial Belief: He's doing a bit of soul searching. The day the Light came, he just happened to be at the church, trying prayer for the first time in his life.
Class: Storekeeper. Ridge runs a small feed store at the end of town. Strangely enough, most of his customers aren't farmers. There have been rumors of shady deals behind closed doors . . .
Physical description: A small, round-faced man with a bald head and a scroungy beard. He wears a tattered bowler hat and a pair of round classes, small and thickly rimmed with black wire. He has some tattoos on his arms, but keeps them covered with plaid shirts. His skin is tanned and pockmarked, his eyes a dull brown, and his fingernails always dirty.
Personality: Ridge is high strung, a bit paranoid, and quick to anger, though his outbursts aren't the "harsh angry" type. They're more of a "hysterical angry" variety. He is not very trusting, and is suspicious of everything from religion to cops to the kids on the corner.
Biography: Ridge got out of prison several years ago. He tried keeping to the straight and narrow, but it just didn't work out. Now he's dealing drugs and other fun paraphernalia in the back room of his "feed store." Things haven't been going well, and he owes a lot of money to a variety of shady characters. The day the Light came, he was trying to make a deal with the Vauliant God, promising to keep himself clean if He would just help him out this one time. You know, the usual, "Oh God, I'm so sorry, it'll never happen again, just please get me out of the gutter!" prayer.

---------

Quote:
Name: Broderick Solis
User: Maeve
Initial Belief: Vauliant, but he doesn't care about religion that much
Class: Mercenary/ Bodyguard/ Random tavern brute
Physical description: Broderick has the stereotypical shape of a brute. He is tall, taller in fact than most people by a good head, with well-defined muscles, and the overall proportions of his body make his head seems smaller than it should be. His skin is lightly tanned, with a few paler scars running down his torso, shoulders and arms. His blue-grey eyes are deeply set into their sockets, and his think eyebrows almost always make him look angry. He generally shaves his hair and beard. Broderick normally wears brown leather pants with thick brown leather boots, a belt with his trusty sword attached to it, and whatever top is acceptable and available, ranging from nothing to a large metal armor. Although, when he is not working, he generally opts for a simple fabric shirt or vest.
Personality: One could say that Broderick makes a perfect bodyguard. He easily follows the orders of whoever is paying him, and most people seems to think he his not intelligent enough to notice and remember whatever shady business he gets implied into. He doesn't talk much, and long conversations, especially if they require abstract thinking, bore him. He can quickly turn to strength - call it violence if you want - to get his point across. Although, as a general note, he will usually leave people alone if they don't annoy him first.
Biography: Broderick grew up on the farm of his parents with the rest of his siblings (2 brothers, 4 sisters), on a small and remote plot of land near a rarely used trade road. As far as he can remember, he always helped his parents, using and developing his strength.
One day, a merchant stopped at the farm, seeking a shelter from an upcoming storm. At the time, the rumor of bandits and other unknown treats roaming the roads of the region were common, and the merchant was looking for some kind of bodyguard to protect him and his goods. He noticed Broderick and asked the young man and his parents if he would like to accompany him. The farmers, knowing they couldn't offer much to their child, figured it was a good opportunity for him. Soon after, Broderick was on the road, wandering through Luoriutum with the merchant. He wasn't that good with weapons and didn't knew much about a guard's duties, but his strength and devotion to his work compensate for the all troubles.
Years passed, and the merchant ended up settling in Seceliero. Broderick used the experience he had gathered to get new jobs and made a good life out of it. When the Light came, he was inside the entrance hall of the Aurelis, waiting for his next employer.

----------

Quote:
Name: Jenine (Jay-nEEn) Ray
User: OrangeAutumn
Initial Belief: Believer, Jenine traveled often with her family in search of suitable cities to live however, they don't stay longer than 6 months in one given city. At the age of 19, Jenine decided she wanted to stay in Seceliero because of the culture, the wonderful people, and the man she wanted to marry. Jenine took on the belief of her husband and devoted herself to her family and her career as a mystic. Jenine is easily swayed by rational thinking and she struggles to put her teachings forth in every day situations but it's really hard to when you join a religion late.
Class: Healing Mystic, an honest and satisfying job in it's own right.
Physical description: Jenine has a voluptuous figure after bearing 3 children to her husband. She is at the age of 36 and stands at 5'8 with heavy breasts which are always modestly clothed under high neckline t-shirt with a dark blue overdress to finish her outfit. Jenine has a shallow face with a straight nose and thin lips. Her eyes are slightly deep set above high cheek bones. Thin eyebrows finishes off her features with a look that says she's not impressed with whatever you say or do; she got it the look from the years of taming her children. Her hair falls past the end of her buttocks when it is undone but Jenine keeps it up in a bun for most of the day. Her hands and arms are rugged with scattered marks of burns and needle pricks and their default resting place is folded hands above her slightly protruding baby bump.
Personality: Jenine is rational and keeps up with the teachings of Vaulianity. She is very wary of strangers and tends to stick to those who are of the Vaulianity faith. Jenine does warm up easily to those who injured and sick, call it a mother's sympathy. She is never quick to anger after gaining so much patience over the years of raising children and helping the sick but she will put her foot down if things cross the line.
Biography: As a young girl, Jenine traveled the country with her family in search for a home to settle in. However, her father kept getting into violent 'disputes' with the locals and was that led the family to travel constantly. Jenine's mother who was a Healing Mystic and Vauliant believer passed on her healing skills to Jenine so she would have a skill to fall on when other work does not bring in coins. Finally, at the age of 19, Jenine left her family to marry a young prosperous blacksmith, Vanhal of Seceliero. Since then she bore 3 beautiful children and was living a happy life aiding people.
Jenine was giving thanks and praying for a bountiful new year as she carries her fourth child within her when the light came.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:30 pm Reply with quote        
I take it this means I can make a character?

Reika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote        
oh yeeeeaaaah baby. You do that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:18 am Reply with quote        
-slaps Reika in da face with a slice of bread-

. . . your profile demanded it . . . I swear I'm not stalking you
okay, that's a lie, but still....

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Valerie Terra
User: Malverne
Initial Belief: Technically Vauliant, but she doesn't think about religion much.
Class: Thief for hire. Shadowy political mover.
Physical description: Valerie is small and thin, allowing her to fit in small spaces (an ability useful in her trade). She has dark skin, bright white teeth, dark green eyes, and long black hair that she keeps up in her hat. During the day, when out and about, she wears what's expected, but when on a business meeting or performing a theft, she wears mottled grey clothes, allowing her to blend in nicely. She has a mild amount of magic, allowing her to obscure her form and escape notice. She cannot however turn invisible or disappear in an instant.
Personality: Valerie is shy, not liking to talk to someone that she doesn't know well. She has her goals though, and won't stop until they're completed. While fighting, she won't run away unless she honestly believes that the fight will get everyone killed. She'll die to protect the ones she loves, but only if she thinks that that is the ONLY course. She doesn't do unnecessary things.
Biography: Valerie's parents were middle class people, and devout Vauliants. Valerie and her twin brother James grew up Vauliant, but they saw how blind their parents were to anything besides the religion. Eventually, after they both turned eighteen, they left their parents and made their own living. They somehow found themselves criminals, with James setting up the deals and Valerie actually commiting the crimes, and they decided to use this to their advantage. The pair had a political agenda, and Valerie undertook a few grisly tasks to further it, despite her misgivings. The siblings lived under the church in the crypt, James being a more serious Vauliant than Valerie. He liked being close to the church, so they snuck into one of the never-visited area of the crypt and never really left.

When the twins were twenty five, the police started following them. Since then, they've been much more careful about who they talk to, and who they do jobs for. however, the police do not know that the twins are two people: they believe that the same person prowling the streets is the one who actually steals and does other sorts of illegal activity.

James was/will be (I don't know when in the timeline the rp will start) out prowling the street when the Light comes, so he doesn't make it. Valerie on the other hand, will be hanging (literally) out in the bell tower, because she loves the view.

Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Ridge Mattlock
User: Malfise
Initial Belief: He's doing a bit of soul searching. The day the Light came, he just happened to be at the church, trying prayer for the first time in his life.
Class: Storekeeper. Ridge runs a small feed store at the end of town. Strangely enough, most of his customers aren't farmers. There have been rumors of shady deals behind closed doors . . .
Physical description: A small, round-faced man with a bald head and a scroungy beard. He wears a tattered bowler hat and a pair of round classes, small and thickly rimmed with black wire. He has some tattoos on his arms, but keeps them covered with plaid shirts. His skin is tanned and pockmarked, his eyes a dull brown, and his fingernails always dirty.
Personality: Ridge is high strung, a bit paranoid, and quick to anger, though his outbursts aren't the "harsh angry" type. They're more of a "hysterical angry" variety. He is not very trusting, and is suspicious of everything from religion to cops to the kids on the corner.
Biography: Ridge got out of prison several years ago. He tried keeping to the straight and narrow, but it just didn't work out. Now he's dealing drugs and other fun paraphernalia in the back room of his "feed store." Things haven't been going well, and he owes a lot of money to a variety of shady characters. The day the Light came, he was trying to make a deal with the Vauliant God, promising to keep himself clean if He would just help him out this one time. You know, the usual, "Oh God, I'm so sorry, it'll never happen again, just please get me out of the gutter!" prayer.

~~~~
Is that groovy? I've never done a survival RP before, so I might not be very good > < But I figure you can just kill off my character if I get too bad XD

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
Malf, you ARE aware that you're running a survival RP right now, right? Ridge looks cool though...

Reika

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:33 pm Reply with quote        
Nice profiles, people ! I shall add them in now.

And thanks so much for that bread slap. Was having a tough day, but you know. Bread slaps are the light of life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 am Reply with quote        
How come I'm not on your profile as having breadslapped you? (Hah, breadslapped. It's like a bitchslap, but not as mainstream.)

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote        
Hm, I'm really interested by this role-play, but the next week's gonna be really busy IRL...
So yeah, I'm gonna try to make some character magic happens, but chances are it won't be until next Wednesday... Hope you don't mind? Neutral

*goes back to cave to finish things*

Malfise

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote        
Malverne wrote:
Malf, you ARE aware that you're running a survival RP right now, right? Ridge looks cool though...

Duh . . .

Liek, omg! So I am! Oh Mai

Reika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
Malverne wrote:
How come I'm not on your profile as having breadslapped you? (Hah, breadslapped. It's like a bitchslap, but not as mainstream.)

Oh no did you breadslap me? I must not have seen it yet D: Let me check

Maeve wrote:
Hm, I'm really interested by this role-play, but the next week's gonna be really busy IRL...
So yeah, I'm gonna try to make some character magic happens, but chances are it won't be until next Wednesday... Hope you don't mind? Neutral

*goes back to cave to finish things*

Hey Maeve, don't sweat it, really. I'm still waiting on more people to take interest before I start. I'm pretty busy everyday too, but I manage to check in regularly.
So I think it will take a while before good enough people come in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:26 am Reply with quote        
I slapped you right before OrangeAutumn did, on the same thread. I got butter on your face...

Reika

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:06 pm Reply with quote        
AHA ! I HAVE FINALLY FOUND IT ! Staring at this screen 24/7 has made me blind

Ah, and now I've finally got my character's profile up lol. Enter Nohle Tristam.