Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:54 pm Reply with quote        
Link Jab

I have an idea for a small group RP...

Basically, the world has just ended. I'm thinking it was bombed or something. The point is, everything you've ever held dear has been wiped off the face of the earth. There's rumors that, far to the North, there's a haven where the Destroyers haven't attacked. Seeing as there's nothing else to do, you and the few survivors of the raid begin a journey to the North, where you hope to find safety... unfortunately, you'll all probably die before reaching the place...

So there's the basic plot. I really don't care for paragraphs at the moment (I'm a writer--I type enough paragraphs as it is), so I was thinking we'd do a free for all chatplay thing. (meaning we use "*" for actions, blah blah.) This does not mean you can be illiterate, though. You'll need proper grammar and spelling for the most part...

I was also thinking we'd have a narrator, who would have the power to shake things up when the RP got slow. I'd start as the narrator (the narrator would also have their character), but as time went on, anyone who wanted to take a turn would be able to...

For characters (dear God, are you still reading? You must really like this idea), I was thinking we'd just use our Midorean selves, or mules or the like...so it'd be sort of like a hangout, but with a purpose...? And we could use mules, too, for additional characters... (though we couldn't really double post....IDK...)

So...what do you think? Likes? Dislikes? Nothing is set in stone (except the part about the paragraphs), so work with me! Smile
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote        
Sounds like fun to me, except I like posting large paragraphs. Is the Earth kinda like a slightly radioactive barren wasteland with massive robots crawling all over searching for unforunate little humans?

Cuz THAT would be fun.

Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:44 pm Reply with quote        
Uh, yeah, actually. That's exactly how it is. With zombie dogs, too...

And we could probably do paragraphs, too, I guess. Do a combination, if you're alright with other people posting short posts and things...

Some days I feel like paragraphs...other days I just...don't.... > >
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote        
It's just my preference, but yea, I wouldn't mind other people doing action chat.

Question...are the zombie dogs trainable?

Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:52 pm Reply with quote        
Hmmm... I honestly don't know...

We could try it 8D
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote        
Character idea forming already! New roleplays always get my brain going. How big of a group are you looking for?

Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote        
I dunno. Twas thinking between three and six, maybe? I just like to avoid one on ones, as I loose interest in them really quickly unless I'm doing them with a good friend > < /ifthatmakessense
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote        
Yea, totally. I understand. We have a number of good roleplayers here, and I'm sure that they'd find this cool

Malfise

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quote        
Awesome ^^

I hope it'll float. Most of my RPs on other sites die after like five pages :/

...no, wait, make that all of my RPs...[/i]
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote        
You can always ask some of the more experienced players. I know Keylaleigh's almost always up for another roleplay, although I don't know how much she likes post-apocalyptic. She says that the less normal it is, the better, but I do know that she likes the magic part...maybe I can ask her.

I sooooo wanna do this.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote        
Do I see people talking about mee?

I'm considering a character, I just have to get her straightened out in my head.

Part of her had to do with roving gangs of children that wreak havoc. Would that be at all possible?

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote        
We love you Keyla, of COURSE we're talking about you.

Illusion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:28 pm Reply with quote        
Oooh ohh ohh me me me pick me! *flails around frantically*
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MALF SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!! :'D

I would love to do action role play along with paragraph role playing! I think that is a freaking sweet idea! And I also like that you want to make it more casual as in like just our Midorean avatars and stuff. I would probably have to create a mule for that though. =\ Cuz I don't want to mess up my awesome Illu. Bouncy Heart

HOMFG I'M SO STOKED! Oh Mai
Malfise

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote        
Lol, Illu, you brighten my day like no other. Youre so happy. And I apologize now for any typos. I'm on my iPod and it's hatin on me.

Anyway, roaming groups of magical children sounds fun. We could totally do something like that. And we could make characters or use mules or whatever he he'll we wanna do. Gah typos. Too lazy to fix. Duh

So... Yeah. This is pretty much whatever ppl wanna do. We could even make it an open casual rp if we wanted. Idk
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote        
Keyla's already made up a character, complete with full name, nickname and entire backgroun.

Coincidentally, so have I.