Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Shops
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:06 am Reply with quote        

Welcome, to like the millionth B/c shop on Midorea! Here, the pets are Faeries, of different types.
Currently four types are available but I intend on expanding this later, if people are interested~

1: Introduction
2: Rules/FAQ
3: Faerie lore
4: Sales/Prices
5: Current sales
6: Previews
7: Customs
8: Breeding
9: Faeries in Faya

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quote        

1) Obvious one, but always be aware of Midorea's ToS!

2) No being nasty to people here.

3) No art stealy!

4) As I've said before, I welcome criticism, when it's constructive.. If you have nothing helpful to say, then don't say it.

5) If necessary, these rules can be changed/added to at any time.

Q: What is this nonsense?
A: It's a Breedable/changeable shop, where you will get, in this case, a faerie as a baby, and it will grow with you to an adult~ They can go in your signature, or in your profile.

Q: What is "Faya"?
A: It's meaning is "Budding", in a faraway, mystical language...
Chinese, but spelled phonetically.

Q: What's the green squiggle?
A: It's my signature, which will be on all of the faeries.

Q: When will my faerie grow?
A: Hopefully a week to go up a stage, sometimes more. At the moment I have free time, but if my real life does get in the way of things, there's not much I can do to change that xD

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote        

The Faeries of Faya live a peaceful life, nestling on leaves, playing with dewdrops, and flying around, taking in the beautiful scenery.
It's because of all this that they are also known as "Defenders of Nature", as they adore their surroundings so much, they will do everything in their power to stop those who may threaten it all.

When the babies are first born, they immediately get taken away to be placed on a flower similar to their colourings. This is because, as a baby, they don't yet have wings formed, so the flower will help hide them from potential predators while they rest a lot and develop in peace.
The parents watch over them at all times while they are going through this stage, and bring nectar to the baby when necessary.

However sometimes, if a suitably coloured flower can't be found soon enough, they will end up having to put the baby down on any flower, and, for fear of disturbing the growth process, it will have to be left there.
Ultimately this means many sleepless nights for the parents while they watch over their baby.

Most commonly, males will be lacewing, and females will be butterfly wing.. It is not known why. As a result, butterfly wings are seen as more feminine, and lacewings more masculine. However, the wing doesn't actually impact on the personality at all, and they are treated no differently to other faeries.
There are also rumored to be other sorts of wings as well, but most faeries just dismiss this as madness.

As children, the faeries are encouraged to play with flowers daily, sometimes even to the point of pulling them out of the ground. This is, hopefully, to give them a respect for nature, as when the children realize this eventually causes the death of the flower, they will appreciate just how delicate, and precious, life itself is.

However they are not allowed to even touch a flower that has a currently developing baby on it, and any child caught doing so will be punished. There have even been a few cases where the child in question has been rejected by the parents because of the severity of their actions.

Their wings at this stage, are strong enough to fly with (though they lack the stamina of an adult), but the patterns and colours will not fully develop until they are an adult, at which point they will often also show up a second colour.

Their clothes are made by crushing fallen petals and leaves, as it is forbidden to use what is still attached to the plants. Local faerie magicians can learn magic to keep the result fresh and healthy for longer, though they still don't last forever.

They will always keep their flower they were raised on with them.
They are dried out in the sun, and the magicians cast a more powerful spell that will maintain the colour and freshness.

When they are adults, they are free to do as they please, though most take pride in defending their wonderful home. Some learn to fashion spears out of fallen twigs, whilst others who are gifted in it, learn magic.

Those who are not athletically or magically inclined tend to end up as teachers for the young, to make sure they don't do anything reckless as they are growing up, as well as getting them to understand the majesty of nature.

Eventually most will end up being parents, which is perhaps what the faeries are most proud of. After all, what race that loves life wouldn't love and celebrate the bringing of another life into the world?

There are still faeries out there that reject all this manner of thinking, and go off on their own, not caring about nature... These are only referred to as "The Tainted", and they are rarely even spoken of in the normal communities, as it's considered an ill omen.

And so they carry on with their lives, happy with their surroundings, most of whom don't even think about The Tainted ever coming back. Though there are those who worry, and constantly tell their children that they're better off staying in Faya.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:20 am Reply with quote        

Flatsales:
Flatsales are basically a first come, first serve kind of sale
They will generally be priced at 200 silver each (may be subject to change), and whoever posts in this thread "I claim Faerie #1!" first after I declare the flatsale open will get it.
You cannot claim a faerie on someone elses behalf.
When a faerie is claimed I will pm the winner about the name they want.
Payment may be sent when I have sent the image code with name included.

Auction:
Auctions will go on over a week/two weeks and will be 1-2 faeries maximum. The starting bid will be at 100 silver, and the minimum increase will be 5 silver, but there is no maximum.. You can get someone else to bid for you, as long as they're aware of your limit.
Any bids made after I announce the auction has ended will not count.

Raffle:
Raffles will go on over a week/two weeks, and will mostly just be 1 faerie.
Tickets will be 15 silver each, and the maximum one person can buy is 6, though they don't all have to be bought together.
When the raffle ends I will decide the winner with this site

Note: If you make a donation for me for any of the above, PLEASE leave a message with your donation! Otherwise it won't show up as being sent... This makes it hard for me to tell when I've actually been sent money, especially for small things like raffle tickets.
Thanks!

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 am Reply with quote        

None

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:24 am Reply with quote        

Common:

Female Butterfly:
- -
Male Lacewing:
- -
Female Leafwing:
- -
Male Leafwing:
- -

Uncommon:

Female Lacewing:
- -
Male Butterfly:
- -

Rare:

Female Angelwing:
- -
Male Angelwing:
- -

Female Devilwing:
- -
Male Devilwing:
- -

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 am Reply with quote        

Customs are currently: Open

Slots:
Open
Open

Price ranges:

Common: 1,000 silver
Un-common: 1,500 silver
Rare: 2,000 silver

See previews page above to see what faeries are classified as which.
All customs are full stage, and take roughly a week to grow a stage.

Form:

Code:
Your name:
Is this Faerie a gift?:
If yes to gift, recipients name:

Faeries name:
Faeries gender:
Faeries type (butterfly/devil/etc):

Flower colour:
Stalk colour:

Faeries skin colour:
Faeries eye colour/shape:
Faeries wing colour:
Faeries wing details:
Faeries hair style:
Faeries hair colour:
Faeries clothes type:
Faeries clothes colour:

Extra details:
(Note: This can be anything, from your own hand-drawn references, to pictures of a real butterfly if you want yours to look like a realistic breed. Just anything extra you want to add, really. This can be left blank.)

Please read me!

Try and be descriptive as possible when asking for a custom so that I can make it as accurate to your taste as possible, that way everyone's happy~ This goes especially for the wings, as they tend to be the part that stands out most.
Also, send this form through pm rather than posting on this page (especially if you're sending it as a gift 'cos that'd really wreck the surprise xD)
Payment doesn't need to be sent until after I have finished and sent you the first stage via pm.
If I think of anything else important I will add it here.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:27 am Reply with quote        

**Under Construction of Doom**

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:31 am Reply with quote        

Adults:
Jona - Kupsy
Malina - Kylana
Kara - KoyiTar
Jole - Dr. Tick Tock
Kael - Weaseldale
Kana - Weaseldale
Soli - killerkitty
Kora - Weaseldale
Kastyl - Weaseldale
Maribel - Kupsy
Scythian - Keylaleigh

Children:
Jaien - Dr. Tick Tock
Drezan - Maeve
Gavin - Sly
Kaida - Weaseldale
Glaze - Angelic.Demon

Babies:
None

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote        
Reserve of more Doom

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:32 am Reply with quote        
I think the text is fine in that one~ it's also on a lillypad!

If you tell me what times you're usually awake in your own timezone I can help you work out a good time to put it up at. ^^

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:35 am Reply with quote        
It was meant to be a rose xD But because I wanted green it's ended up looking like a cabbage...
It'll look nicer when it's not green o\
And I'm generally awake 9am - 12pm, sometimes later but not often lately...

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote        
Oh. >< Well... it's a very nice cabbageroselillypad.

12pm is noon... so I'm going to assume you mean 12am~ xD
Because I know you're awake for more than three hours.

I think that's 4am - 7pm here. Probably the best time is sometime around or after 5pm (or 10pm for you), because three or four us start school later this month and won't be able to get on, although I guess for right now earlier than that is okay. ^^;

Also, 5 has been a good time for most of Tock's sales, too.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Dr. Tick Tock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote        
Laughing too hard at Ace's mistake.

Too.

Hard.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote        
;---------;
Meanie. It looked like a lillypad at first... Duh