Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Verance Lilicria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote        
Hi there! I am Verance Lilicria (but that's a mouthful so just call me whatever you like) and I would like to roleplay!

I'm Semi-Lit at worst, Adv. Lit at best.
But usually I hover somewhere in between at ~three paragraphs.
I also have a fairly poetic and sometimes abstract writing style, that puts people off sometimes. Sorry.

I'm 20 years old, and I act my age.
My characters swear, are rude to little old ladies on the street, and sometimes (though I try to stop them!) they kick kittens.
Well, not really. But I am a mature roleplayer and please do not kick up your heels if my characters swear or break some boundaries ;D
(nothing over forum rating though!! Less is more = implied graphic scenes can be just as classy.)

I am a lady and you will treat me like one!
Just be polite, really. That's all! I have an open mind, I play male or female, bi or straight characters.
Buuut I don't like playing m/m or f/f romantic pairings if it's a 1x1 roleplay.
I am a lady and I do like lady things! A hint of romance or even just some sexual tension makes my soul go eeeee, and then squish my boyfriend with some luvin'.

A good backstory feeds every post
I prefer to talk out a quick story idea with you and any other participating RPers first, to get an idea of why we're together, where we're going to, why, etc.
To this aim I'd love to add any prospective buddies on an instant messenger to talk OOC between posts (:
As for where the RP will take place, I really prefer forums. Simpler, easier on the eyes and on the virtual wallet Wink

I don't have a full list of EVERY roleplay setting I'm interested in, but here are a few:

Angel/demon/vampire rivalries
Modern
Historical (ANYTHING from Dark Ages to 1950s)
    -- note: I prefer to keep most historical events out of the direct story because they are largely pretty boring to write about. unless it's something huge or you have a great plot, please don't (:

Ancient Greece, Egypt
Medium fantasy (blended seamlessly into the world structure)
Fairy tales
Steampunk/cyberpunk
AU History
Royal politics (especially royal FANTASY politics. YAY!)
Unlikely bonds surpassing difference in race/gender/nationality/species/etc.
POKEMANS (no, seriously <3)
Post-apocalypse

Please let me know if you've any questions!! <3
Verance Lilicria

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:28 am Reply with quote        
Oh I forgot to say - I have a couple of plots on standby that I'm REALLY eager to play, so let me know if you want more details about:

- Medieval/slight fantasy/royal politics

- Post apocalyptic Pokemon
Grimer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:06 am Reply with quote        
All right, Verance. I'm in.
What've you got?

I'm curious to see what you have in mind.

Winnie the Pooh: I like that. Let's do it all the time.
Christopher Robin: You know something, Pooh? I'm not going to do just nothing anymore.
Winnie the Pooh: You mean, never again?
Christopher Robin: Well, not so much.
Verance Lilicria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote        
As in the roleplay plots I've got? Here's the medieval/fantasy/arranged marriage one:

Quote:
In royal politics, daughters are like currency. One trades them for peace treaties, trade routes, maps, treasure. In that way, daughters are both coveted and ignored. And in this case, the Kingdom of Aguia has given the Cavalar access to the famed Lake of Suntor, as well as securing a family tie between the two monarchies. No one ever asked the crown prince or princess how they felt. In fact, they had never even met until two weeks before the ceremony. Grand royal weddings - every element of them is a farce. The fiery, manipulative but naive Princess and the impatient, intelligent and apathethic Crown Prince find that it is but a blink before they stand awkwardly in the wedding chambers.

But even though the wedding night was not the romantic scene the Princess had always imagined, the entire situation would soon worsen. For when her family sends teams to search the Lake's mythic surroundings, strange things begin to happen, and it is little time before the newly wed couple decide to cross the bridge between them, join forces, and find out just what the Queen Escua wants so badly.

Characters: obviously the prince and princess. Although some description has been given and the clash between them would work best if followed, you have as much freedom as you like with either character!
Other characters could also easily be worked in for a SMALL group roleplay - other minor royalty or favoured servants~ Eventually I want it to turn into a grand scale adventure!!

Long-term.

Grimer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:48 am Reply with quote        
Sorry for the delay between my posts. Work has not been kind to me >.>;
I assure you this isn't a recurring thing; sometimes it's delayed, sometimes it's not.
I'm down with your idea. It sounds like fun.
Just a couple things I could sort out from reading it, though:
What sub-genre of fantasy is it?
Historic Fantasy (like a Tudor Drama)
Steampunk (<- Speaks for itself)
True Fantasy (Magic and Dragons and the like)

I would assume the latter of the three was what you meant.
I think playing the prince would be fun.
We should each play a servant of the other, to make the relationship(s?) a little more complicated too, I think :3 And it'll be easier to bring them together and things.

Christopher Robin: You know something, Pooh? I'm not going to do just nothing anymore.
Verance Lilicria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:55 am Reply with quote        
That's okay - I absolutely understand life issues getting in the way :/

Well, the idea was conceived with a low fantasy feel...so magic exists, but is not so obvious or well-received, or even widely spread.
The servant idea is fantastic!

At what point do you think would be a good one to begin? Personally I think the best one would be before the wedding but after the Princess's family has journeyed to the Prince's castle --> preparations are made for the wedding, political deals finalized, Prince & Princess get to horrify each other.

Also I have a teeny bit of royal-lineage to start the story with as well, just for reference since this is all about the politics of each ruler e_e

Anyway it's meant to be a pretty in-depth and complex RP...hope you're down with that (:
Grimer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quote        
As opposed to a shallow, on-the-fly RP?
Yeah I kind of like this idea better.
Political background is a good way to set the stage for this kind of thing, I think.
We can start as early as in the hour, or tomorrow or later.
I'm ready to go if you're ready to go :3

Verance Lilicria

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:34 am Reply with quote        
Haha awesome. I guess I'll go start the thread then, with a bit of backstory and info as I mentioned earlier. (: Then I'll PM you the link, kay?

Oh oh! I'm not sure, do you want to post character profiles or not? I'm okay with either (:
Grimer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote        
Shoot, I already posted :P
We don't have to post profiles, I think it might fit the style a bit better.

Verance Lilicria

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
*rolls around*
No one else? No takers?
Maybe I'll have to start doing a striptease to attract people :P

Click through for art shop!

Questing for any dragon items >_>
Grimer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote        
o,o Goodness, Verance, you don't waste any time.