Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote        
So, I don't work and I don't go to school. (I take online courses.) You can connect the dots here, I'm sure.

I've been trying to maintain a schedule of some sort so that I'm still productive throughout the day - my anxiety gets bad when I'm not. However, c'mon, you know what it's like, when you're home all day, no obligations or pressures. It's difficult.

I'm trying to exercise every day, and it's going decently, but we've had a lot of rain lately, and I just don't feel right without that jog. So, when it rains, I just skip the exercise, which makes me forget to take my vitamins and fiber supplements... And eat.

Speaking of, meals are very difficult to schedule out. I'm trying to gain weight here, so I have to eat a lot during the day, but I just plain forget. Even if I'm starving, I won't notice or remember, and I can't necessarily set five alarms to remind myself to eat.

My online classes drive me insane because the website is buggy, so half the time I can't even do what I need to. Furthermore, I'm just so moody that when I don't feel like doing something, I really don't feel like doing it. I can't make myself sit down and do something unless there's some kind of deadline, so I really have to catch those productive, intelligent spurts quickly.

Sleeping, of course, is all over the charts. I just got back to a semi-normal pattern, so let's hope that my circadian clock doesn't get out of whack again.

This really isn't a ranting/help me thread. XD I know that a lot of my problem is just being lazy, and I just need to push through it. I'm actually getting better about the whole thing. But, out of curiosity, what are your daily schedules like? Do you have to plan things to the minute to get anything done, like me, or can you trust yourself to follow through without such structure? Anyone else a lazy bum with nothing better to do than watch tv? xP

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote        
Urgh, schedule... Duh

Well, I was out of school for two years, trying to figure out what I wanted to do and all that. My first thoughts were that I would get time to do all the things I couldn't do when I was studying (work on my art, personal projects, etc.). And yeah, apparently I suck at following my own schedule, so that didn't really work out well... >.<''

I've been realizing lately that I really need some sort of motivation to keep me doing things, which means I often end up doing my assignments at the last minute and/or when I really feel like it (rarely happens), and do nothing the rest of the time even if I know I should probably be working on something. Yay for being lazy! Hai

My daily schedule is pretty simple though. I got classes from Monday to Thursday, all starting at 8AM, so it's just the usual "getting up early/ going to school/ following classes and working on homework" schedule. Friday to Sunday, I got nothing... well, I guess I could use that time to work on personal stuff, but meh...
Jab *is not good at following her own schedule... seriously*

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote        
Yep, it's the exact same way with me, Maeve. xP Usually if I tell someone else that I'll do something though, I'll do it. Don't know if it's respect or pride though, haha.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:28 pm Reply with quote        
Schedule? What's that? Er... I mean, yeah. I follow a schedule...sometimes. Depends on what day it is.

Fo the time being, mine is basically like this.
Sunday - ???????? Long shower ?????? Go to bed at 10:00. Hopefully be asleep by 10:30.

Monday - Get up at 5:45am. Go to work at 6:45am. Clock in at 7:40am. Clock out whenever we finish. (Generally around 6:00pm.) Go home. ???? Go to bed at 10:00. Hopefully be asleep by 10:30.

Tuesday - Get up at 5:45am. Go to work at 6:45am. Clock in at 7:40am. Clock out whenever we finish. (Generally around 6:00pm.) Go home. ???? Go to bed at 10:00. Play videogames until I fall asleep.

Wednesday - ??? Drive to mechanic. Pay mechanic. Go home. ???? Long shower. ????? Go to bed at 10:00. Hopefully be asleep by 10:30.

Thursday - Get up at 5:45am. Go to work at 6:45am. Clock in at 7:40am. Clock out at 1:30. Drive to mechanic. (If I didn't do this Wednesday for whatever reason.) Pay mechanic. Go home. ???? Long shower? Leave for choir at 6:50ish. Hang out with the choir until 9:30. Go home. Go to bed at 10:00. Hopefully be asleep by 10:30.

Friday - Get up at 5:45am. Go to work at 6:45am. Clock in at 7:40am. Clock out whenever we finish. (Generally around 6:00pm.) Go to bank to deposit paycheck. Go home. ???? Go to bed at 10:00. Hopefully be asleep by 10:30.

Saturday - Get up at 5:45am. Go to work at 6:45am. Clock in at 7:40am. Clock out whenever we finish. (Hopefully by 2:00.) Go home. ???? Go to bed at 10:00. Play videogames until I fall asleep.

Just a note about the showering. I take really long showers, when I know I have time to waste. (Usually they start out as a relaxing soak and result in a shower off. I shower more often than I'm putting down. But the long ones are usually reserved for my days off.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:59 pm Reply with quote        
Chu - Don't make me move over there and force you to eat. I wasn't kidding when I say that I am serious about food. You need to eat.
As for schedules, I just do stuff around classes and food stuffs. Saturday I'll usually sit home because my bro works, so no car. Sunday I'll go to church and play video games, occasionally go over to a friend's house or invite them here. I rarely go out if friends don't invite me. I also shower every night.

sychobunny

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:12 pm Reply with quote        
I find schedules easier to maintain when someone else is involved. If its just my problem, they fail.

And over the summer when I was applying to jobs, to keep me on task, I found it easier if I moved to a different room for that part of the day. Just the change of scenery (and cleaner room) made me feel more structured and I felt a minor compulsion to be productive. Sadly I got used to it and it stopped being effective and I had to move to a different location. In college to study I'd sometimes have to go back to campus, or to the office I worked at to be in an academic environment, and feel like doing my homework/study.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm Reply with quote        
That's a really good way to approach it, Sycho. I think I'll try that. :]

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote        
I do study a whole lot harder at school than at home. Too many distractions at home.

Imaginative Sarah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote        
I've never been good at maintaining scedules, I've always been horrible at keeping up with anything.. I have to write stuff down.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote        
Sarah - I write any special exceptions to my routine in a notebook I carry around. I also note names, dates, facts, ideas, etc. Inspired by Golden Boy.