Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Shops
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic Chykara's Avatar Art Freebies (Donations Optional)
chykara

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote        

Introduction

Hello, welcome! Okay I know your wondering why in the world would I NOT open up a shop? Well to be honest, the fact that I am doing the picture as a freebie is good enough for me. You see, in the land of work all day, one does not feel motivated to get their artistic hobbies out. I work on graphic design, and other web content which doesn't include be drawing very much. So, I set aside a little bit of time to work on avatar art and/or other art scribbles.

Tools that I Use

I sketch using .5 mechanical pencil with HB lead. I've tried sketching on the computer, but I don't like to feel stressed when it is not necessary. Its not to say that I won't sketch on the PC (I have and it looks great, but it takes too long, even for me).

I use Micron pens 01 and 03. I love to detail small things with the pens before I scan. I've colored in pictures from straight sketch, but I happen to like the thrill of pens either making or destroying my work. Call me crazy lol.

I color using a Intuos 3 tablet. (wish I had my own screen tablet like my hubby but ehh its coming ^_^). I color in PhotoShop CS3 currently until I can get my hands on CS5, for art and development purposes... arg!

Some Examples of My Work

I kind of figured that you would like to see them. The first picture is by me. You can view a few freebie commissions from the ones that I did on Gaia Online along with links to the videos of me coloring them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utwHSNztRR0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdFvKmGOsUA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq3Xk2CBboA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao-y9gMrGwA

(Image breaks layout so please view link)
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j384/chykara/metalscreams.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGAFQbl_H-Y

Now Onto the Serious Stuffs - My Terms for Doing Freebies

- I like donations, but if you do, I will still do it, whether you give me nothing or something, but you will still have to wait in line. I have to be fair. First come first serve!

- Please do NOT rush me. I work fulltime, this is just a hobby of mine and sometimes I do not have it in me to work like a machine.

- Please do NOT tell me how the pose should be. Just tell me some simple things, like eyes open or eyes closed, add a person etc.

- Sometimes I like to change styles between regular and chibi anime/cartoon style, and sometimes I like to color simple or detailed. It really depends on how I feel.

- Sometimes I do full body or waist up, which, also depends on how I feel.

- I do couples. ^_^

- I record myself coloring and upload it on youtube. In the future the art will be showcased on my website as well to go into my portfolio.

- It takes me on average 3 hours to color in a picture. I am working to speed up the process, but until then, it takes a lot to color.

- Due to previous people using bribes to try to speed up the waiting time and causing me to stress out, I will no longer accept them unless it is for donating after your picture is completed or just donating in general. Someone told me on Gaia that they were going to pay 150k, I spent the weekend working on it and haven't received the 150k, so noo, I'm not doing that anymore. I refuse to do pictures for people who cannot understand the process of getting a picture done for FREE! You just have to wait like everyone else on the list.

So..
If you understand my terms, and like my works send me a message requesting free avi art.

Slots Open (Lets Start with 5 just to see how well this goes)
======================================

1. Squid - 25% (sketched)
2. Reika
3. Kupsy
4. Chu
5. KoyiTar

Hope to hear from you all soon!
Squid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:54 pm Reply with quote        
    Man. I would love a slot.

8D

I WILL GIVE YOU ONE HUNDRED FIFTY KAY!

No I won't I'm poor :c

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 am Reply with quote        
Jaysus.

I want some too :3
only if you feel like it of course. I would donate Happy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quote        
I would like a slot as well if you have the time ^^
Even if you don't, I wanna give you something just for being nice with your art xD
(It's not a bribe or rush in any way, promise, it just really makes me happy to see people doing nice things nowadays after bad experiences on other sites)
*runs over to alt Samansa*

JOLLY COOPERATION!
chykara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:12 am Reply with quote        
Thanks ^_^ I'll add you three to the list. Its so nice to get a reply!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote        
I'd love a slot. Happy Do you have a quest thread for reference when donating, or do you prefer currency?

chykara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
I'd love a slot. Happy Do you have a quest thread for reference when donating, or do you prefer currency?

Sure I can add you. I'm fresh out the box new, so I can use anything :P but its totally up to you.
Squid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 pm Reply with quote        
    I have a bunch of older event items I'd be more than willing to offer to you for your art, if you were interested. I'll make a list and let you poke through it, if you want.

Regarding the art, would you take OC refs, or is it avatar only?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote        
Squid wrote:
    I have a bunch of older event items I'd be more than willing to offer to you for your art, if you were interested. I'll make a list and let you poke through it, if you want.

Regarding the art, would you take OC refs, or is it avatar only?

I can take both OC and Avatar requests. I've added you to the list ^_^
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote        
chykara wrote:
Chu wrote:

Sure I can add you. I'm fresh out the box new, so I can use anything :P but its totally up to you.

Ooh, that makes choosing something more interesting. Smile

Squid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote        
    Haha. You have me added twice!

But it's cool. I'll totes take two pieces, if you feel like it.

Now. Um. Since I'm incredibly difficult... You'll probably hate me. But I'm a super firm believer in letting an artist choose what they want to draw... I think things come out better if the artist isn't pulling out their hair all OH GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO DRAW THIS STUPID CHARACTER I HATEEEE

So, if you go to the main page of the art shops, just a few posts down, is my request. Also, you can just click on my signature. There's a text link.

I have a full list of characters I'd love drawn and you can take your pick 8D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote        
Hahah I did add you twice, just noticed that hehehe and I totally agree with you. Thanks for giving me the freedom ^_^
Squid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:48 pm Reply with quote        
    I'm glad you don't much things n_n

I know despite the whole freedom to choose, some artists don't like to do such work

xD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
Squid wrote:
    I'm glad you don't much things n_n

I know despite the whole freedom to choose, some artists don't like to do such work

xD

I have a question about your squid character. does he still eat the bread even though its mushy in water? I know it sounds crazy, but I am working on a sketch where hes upset but still eating the bread lol.
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote        
Awww to bad all the spots are filled.