Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Yare

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:44 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Nür
Species: Human
Sex: Female
Appearence: Brown hair, going slightly past her shoulders, and tall; usually wears a grey flight suit (full body) with a white men's tanktop underneith; when in civies, a light blue shirt and purple pants. Wears a visor over her eyes; grey metal, red strip in the centre going slightly past each eye on either side; visor extends just to her temples on either side of her head.
Background: Nür went blind when she was three years old, and received her visor when she was five. It was a prototype, designed to allow her to see, and she could, with a few extra perks; normal vision, but applications allowing her to detect radiation, see outside the visual light spectrum, and analyze basic things (inspiration taken from Star Trek: The Next Generation). Nür lives in a future where most of the people in the world were wiped out from a disease brought about by our habit of inventing drugs for everything, and the remaining million people live in Canada where they have formed their own society. Wanting to be able to take care of her visor, Nür became an engineer, and worked in Earth's Defense Force (against what have become known jokingly as Sex Deprived Aliens from Mars <-- These wouldn't be your aliens, don't worry) as a fighter pilot.

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:08 pm Reply with quote        
Name: Khelandra (Humans call her Kelly)
Species: Extra Terrestrial - Tartanian
Sex: Female
Appearance: Average height for a female of her species, she’s a head shorter than human females. She looks vaguely like a bipedal, shorthaired tabby cat. Her fur is star bleached. Currently it is a light gray in color with dark gray stripes. She has dark gray, mane-like hair that reaches just past her shoulders. Her fur and hair will continue to get lighter the more she travels through space. She usually wears a loose beige flight suit, black calf high boots and a dark blue Clima-vest. Casual attire consists of a pair of pants and her Clima-vest.
Background: Khelandra was born near the outpost city of Wondala. Growing up she saw people of many species as they passed through, resupplied, or conducted business. She and her siblings would sneak to the ports to watch the outlanders, and sometimes get weird little oddities from other worlds. Some of the deckhands and pilots showed them how to do basic repairs on different parts of a ship. When she was old enough to be given her test for the Rite of Adulthood, Khelandra was told to go find a living fossil. Not knowing what this meant, she was directed to the ports to find a transport to another world that might have the elusive fossil. She’s been traveling for the past four years and sees no end to her quest.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Yare

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:51 pm Reply with quote        
There were still monuments all over the planet, but most of it had been reclaimed by wilderness. There was one place, however, where it was still inhabited by humans.

It was Toronto, but smaller than the city had ever been in the twentieth century - only a million people lived there now. The ship yard was mostly deserted, except for one ship. No one could actually be seen, but there were sounds coming from it.

'Shit! You bloody-- Why are you always--? Ouch! Damn-- bloody--'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote        
A small shuttle landed in the mostly empty hanger. It would not stay long. The pilots would only remain as long as it would take to refuel their ship. This was more than enough time for their passenger to disembark. The crew made sure the humanoid had their belongings before they bade her farewell.

Khelandra shifted the weight of her duffle bags and inhaled air that hadn't been recycled. She nearly gagged at the smell of exhaust and continued through the empty room. She was halted by the sounds that were coming from the only other ship in the dock. Curious, the alien went to investigate.

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote        
(Ah. Just realised I worded the opening post badly. It's more of an outdoor shipyard.)

There was an aggravated growl came from the bowls of the ship, then a young woman emerged. She was covered in grime from the inside of the ship, and wiped the visor she wore with the back of one glove. She pulled the gloves off, muttering swearwords to herself before noticing the person approaching her.

'Bloody damn thing...Of course they give me the bad one, I can always fix it myself, never mind it breaks down once a bloody week hello there.' Her voice went from grumbling to polite without pause.

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:37 am Reply with quote        
The felines' ears sat lopsided on her head, as she gave the taller humanoid as confused look. "Erm, hello," she replied politely. "I was hoping you could give me some directions, but it seems you're having a bit of trouble yourself. Can I ask what's wrong?"

(Ah. I can fix my post if you like.)

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quote        
(No, it's all right. Minor thing.)

'No, no, it's nothing,' Nür sighed. 'What do you need?'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote        
"I'm trying to complete a test, well it's more of a quest," Khelandra said, adjusting a bag that was treatening to slip from her shoulder. "I'm supposed to be looking for a living fossil. No one I've spoken to knows what that means, so far. So I was hoping I'd have better luck here. Do you know where I can find some?" Her tip of her tail wagged in slow arcs as she waited for a reply.

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:55 am Reply with quote        
'Yep,' Nür said promptly. 'The tuatara, a type of lizard.' She paused. 'We will be getting it back, right?'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:03 am Reply with quote        
Khelandras' tail and ears stood straight up in surprise at the news. They drooped at the question, however. Her estatic expression fell as she thought about her answer. "I think you should," the alien replied hesitantly. "I only need it to present to the elders. They'll want to confirm that I didn't cheat. Afterwards, I don't think they'll care if I bring it back."

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:11 am Reply with quote        
Nür nodded. 'All right,' she said. 'Mind if I come with you, though? Just to make sure.'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quote        
"That shouldn't be a problem," Khelandra nodded. "I suppose it saves me from needing to argue the authenticity of the fossil with the elders."

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:16 am Reply with quote        
Nür nodded. 'We'll have to go quite far to get one,' she said.

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quote        
"How far?" Khelandra asked, sounding more concerned than her body language was letting on.

Malverne wrote:
Tsemara

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quote        
"How far?" Khelandra asked, sounding more concerned than her body language was letting on.

Malverne wrote: