Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote        
Juliana nodded leading him towards the front door and out towards the garden. I was still beautiful even without a gardener to keep it tidy. The roses were overgrown and several of the hedges unkempt but otherwise it was still a nice garden at least she thought so. She walked mostly in silence not certain what to say to her fiance. She really simply wanted to tell him off but knew better than to do so after the earlier threat of her mother which wasn't something to just shrug off.

She simply continued to walk in silence not really knowing what to say only stopping every now and again to admire a few of the flowers that were in bloom.

Aelina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote        
Now free from elder ears Demiren felt his tongue sharpen, wishing, begging to demand what had gotten her skirts in a twist. She was being down right rude, childish and so help him if it wasn't completely out of the question, he'd spank her like he spanked Marylin when she got out of hand.

But he kept his temper and continued to admire the garden in silence until he couldn't take it anymore. "...So Madam. When should I expect you to 'accidentally' trip me into a pond or something of the sort." His tone was light almost playful and if it hadn't been for the seriousness underlying the words one might think he'd been joking. He stopped where he was and regarded her. "Because heaven knows you've made it quite clear that you detest my very being." His words took on a slightly sharper tint at that but remained quietly polite.
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
"It's not you that I hate." Juliana started it was the truth she couldn't hate someone that was being put in the same position as her. "It's the idea of marrying you without knowing you. Of being forced to be with someone I have only known for a few moments. That's what I hate." She said looking at one of her favorite rosebushes. They were yellow with red on the very edges of the petals.

She sighed after a moment. "I really wanted to force my father to keep his promise you know." She said looking up at the sky wishing she was one of the birds that were flying there. "He told me I had a year to find my supposed love as he called it. Now two months latter this if it wasn't for the fact my mother threatened using my sister instead I would have made him keep that promise." She muttered sighing again and turning her back to the lord that was standing there. "Also the thought of tripping you into the pond hadn't crossed my mind yet thanks for the idea." She said trying to lighten the mood sounding almost playful.

Aelina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote        
Pleasantly surprised by the sudden change in her demeanor Demiren felt his temper lax fully again. He'd misjudged, thankfully, she wasn't trying to be difficult; she was merely frustrated with her situation. Quiet for a few moments he looked down before back up at her while she studied the flowers.

He remained silent as she spoke, watching her emotions flit across her face as she moved around. He could see her point of view, if Ben or Mary had been threatened to take his place he would of shut his mouth in a heartbeat. Not that he opened it in the first place though. Surprise borderline shock erupted over his features however at her playful jibe for his earlier comment.

Standing shell shocked for a moment he slowly brought himself back down and chuckled under his breath as he smiled warmly, maybe they'd get along after all. Walking forward till he was less than an arms length behind her. "Well my lady, I understand your plight. Unfortunately I have no power to change the circumstances...but I will continue to hope, that while you did not get the chance to get to know me before we were engaged, that you will do so now." His tone was light yet sincere as he smiled sympathetically at her.

Then a mischievous light entered his eyes as he leaned forward till his lips drew close to her ear. He took care not to get too close to make her uncomfortable though before he spoke, his voice low and playful as if he would start laughing at any moment. "As for tripping me, I suppose I do need a bath...but if you do try so I'll have no choice but to take you down with me."
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote        
"You would not I wouldn't let you." A younger females voice came out from behind one of the bushes. "Lil how long have you been out here hiding?" Juliana said to her younger sister as she came out from behind the roses they were standing in front of. "Long enough to hear the stuff about the pond honest Juli." She said looking at the ground standing in front of her sister. "Go back inside now before mother and father find out your interrupting they won't be pleased about it. We will talk latter about what all you heard or didn't hear." She said pushing the girl back towards the house despite her protesting over it.

"She likes to sneak around otherwise shes a decent kid." She said turning back to Demiren a small smile on her face. "I hope you will take the time to get to know me as well. At least as much as a month will allow for such things." She said staring back off into the clouds again. It seemed that at least they would get along that was a good thing. Of course it was far from what she wanted.

Aelina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quote        
Standing upright at the new voice he let the two sisters converse smiling slightly at the younger's protectiveness. Watching her go he smiled at Juliana as he brought his gaze back. "I don't doubt it. She cares for you very much, I can see why she may not like me." He said easily giving a small shrug.

The smile turned more serious though kept the former warmth. "I will, and even after the month is up I'll continue to do so." He said with a small nod before following her gaze to the clouds. He was quiet for a few moments watching the clouds move and birds dart around. It was peaceful and at least they had come to an understanding, he really couldn't ask more at this point but time would tell where they would go from here.

Bringing his gaze back down he moved past her slightly on the path, over to one of the rose bushes. Studying it for a moment he took a whiff from one of the blossoms. "...A rather odd coloring, how did you come by it?"
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quote        
"I really have no idea. The gardener is the best person to ask about that and he's no longer here so well your guess is as good as mine. They are rather beautiful though aren't they." She said a small smile on her face as she was snapped back to reality by Demiren's question. She really didn't know much about plants other than they were there to look pretty.

Aelina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:40 pm Reply with quote        
"A beautiful mystery then." He concluded taking one more whiff and finally leaving the bush. The afternoon passed pleasantly thought not much more talking was done and soon it was time for Demiren to part.

Saying goodbye to the family in front of the carriage his parents piled in and he offered Lady Juliana one last polite smile and bow before getting in himself and then they were off soon disappearing into the distance.

((Ugh sorry my brain failed.))
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:05 pm Reply with quote        
((Tis ok it happens))

She smiled at the departing carriage. It hadn't been as terrible as she had though it would be at least they had an understanding it seemed. Her father was beaming so things must have gone well for them with her accepting her fate. She sighed going up to her room wondering what all her sister had truly heard while her and Demiren had been speaking. "Lil come out I know your hiding in here you always do." She said as she walked in the door of her room un-braiding her hair as she did so.

"I am not." Lilian said playfully coming out from one of the many places she always found to hide. "Yes you are or you wouldn't have been behind the door silly." Juliana said laughing a bit at the younger girls antics before getting a more serious look on her face. "Look Lil I know you heard more than what you let on so tell me what it is that you did hear." She said sitting down in front of her mirror to brush her hair.

"Well I heard what you told him about father breaking his promise to you. I also heard that if you didn't accept that I would take your place. Is that true Juli would mother and father have done that." Lilian said sounding frightened. "Yes Lil they probably would have just to keep you from going out on the streets. Though I doubt Lord Demiren would have accepted such an offer he doesn't strike me as that type of man." She said smiling at the notion.

"At least he seems like a kind enough person. I really didn't learn much about him it being our first day meeting each other. For all I know I won't get to learn anything at all about him really." She said sighing though Demiren seemed nice enough she wasn't sure how far she could trust anything he said not just be a ruse. "He did seem like a nice person even if he said he would make you go into the pond too." Lilian said breaking Juli's thoughts. "Yes but how much of it is really an act just to make sure I follow the rules." Juliana said sighing again Lilian gave her a small smile before leaving the room to let her sulk in peace as she called it.

Soon dinner was served and all the other nightly business in the house taken care of. Juli had wanted to talk with her father about the arrangement again but he would here nothing of it. She sighed as she changed into her night gown brushing her hair again. "So much for promises first the year taken and forced into a marriage. Whats next the supposed month I have to get to know him." She said out loud laying her head down on her pillow and falling asleep.

Aelina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:37 pm Reply with quote        
Evening was almost upon them when they finally arrived home. Getting out of the carriage and stretching Demiren made it five steps before, "Brother!" and an armful of little brother. Chuckling he shifted the twelve year old and hugged him back before he ruffled his hair and set him down. "Benjamen! Don't jump on your brother like that!" Pouting at his mother he opened his mouth only to find it covered by said older brother. "It's alright Mother, really." Giving her eldest a look Amelia said nothing more

After taking his little brother inside and dealing with the onslaught of questions from him and Marylin, "Is she pretty? Is she nice? Was it a big house? What happened? So is she gonna be your wife?" and so on, they finally left him in peace to eat dinner go over some business with his Father before finally collapsing into bed.

((....I really don't know why but my brain just died. again. o.o))
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quote        
((That's fine hopefully this can jump start it some))

Juli was awoke the next day rather early. Her mother rushed her around having her pack but said she wouldn't tell her why till she was through. "Mother really what is all this about?" She said finally having enough as she closed her second traveling trunk of clothing. "Oh I am sorry I meant to tell you last night. You and Demiren will be moving in together as of today. For now you will be staying at the old cottage out in the countryside. Don't worry there is a few servants there already making it appropriate." He mother said looking back at her what seemed to be no furious daughter.

"WHAT?!! We aren't even to be married until a month from now and we are to move in together what about getting to know one another?" Juliana asked angry and flustered. "Well what better way to get to know someone than with living with them dear." Her mother said as if it wasn't such a big deal at all. Juli just sighed and realized there was no arguing about it anymore. Her parents were set that it was going to be this way and Demiren's parents were probably set in the same way as her own. "I will finish getting packed and ready to leave then.

"Will Lilian at least be able to visit?" She asked deciding to argue the idea if she didn't get to at least see her little sister every now and again. "Yes of course I wouldn't keep Lil away from you that would be foolish." Her mother said and then went back to helping her daughter pack. "Oh well ok then." Juli said sighing she had been hoping to get out of something at least but so far there didn't seem to be a way. Everything was set into motion and kept moving forward accordingly. So after two hours of packing and loading up a carriage with her thing Juli was off to her parents old cottage.

Aelina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote        
Demiren stared at his father while the servants moved around him packing his things. Closing his eyes he brought a hand to his face and rubbed at it tiredly."...I'm sorry, its early in the morning and I'm still half asleep. So I must of heard you wrong. Because there's no way you just said what I just heard." William sighed, expecting this reaction, "You heard me correctly the first time my son. You will be staying in an old cottage with Lady Juliana." Dropping his face heavily into both his hands Demiren sighed. "I was afraid of that."

William rose a brow. "I don't see the problem. Are you going to do anything untoward to her?" The raven's head shot up eyes wide. "No! Of course not!" A smirk followed the risen brow. "So you fear her 'attacking' you in your sleep?" "No....It's just...ugh I don't know." Dropping his face back in his hands Demiren sighed again. Taking pity on his son William ruffled his hair gently. "I know you're still uneasy about this...and I thank you for putting a strong face on for it. But don't try to keep it all in, it's unhealthy."

Giving a quiet sound of affirmative Demiren just stared at his hands as his Father ruffled his hair one last time. "Now get dressed. We'll be leaving shortly." Looking up as his Father left, closing the door with a click, Demiren allowed himself one more sigh before getting up and dressing in similar garb to the other day. Scanning the now practically empty room he turned and simply left his face going back to normal neutral.

Carriage loaded and younger siblings (and mother) consoled that they could always visit, Demiren finally followed his Father into the carriage and they were off.

((I stare at it and stare at it and my fingers don't write anymore. BAD FINGERS!))
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote        
Juliana stared at the cottage in disdain as well as disbelief at what was happening. At least there was more than one room. She looked down at her dress it was purple with a blue sash around the waist. One of her finest why her mother had wanted her to dress this way she had no idea. Of course her mother wasn't here now. Just her and her father who had already gone inside to make sure things were in order. The servants were now busy unloading the carriage which gave her plenty of time to change into something more comfortable.

"Father I am going to go change out of this dress and into something a bit less luxurious." She said walking in and going to where the servants had taken all her things. "Hmmm if your mother were here she would have a fit. I on the other hand agree that your finest dress isn't necessary at the moment." He said going back to telling the only servant that wasn't unloading the carriage things that needed to be done and taken care of before Demiren and his father arrived. She sighed leaving the room and asking one of the female servants to stay behind and help her to change. It wasn't really much of a change most of her dresses were tailored the same way so it was really only a color change more than anything now she was wearing just a simple brown dress with a black sash and her hair was down out of the tight braid that it had been in all morning.

"Much better." She said sighing at the release of tension from her head of course that wasn't the only source but it was a relief. She soon heard the sound of another carriage approaching and realized that her betrothed was about to arrive. She came out of her room and joined her father and other servants in the kitchen giving another sigh which her father just gave her a pointed glare and went back to talking with the servants once again.

Aelina

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote        
Staring out the window, his chin propped up on the heel of his hand again, Demiren sat quietly as they rode in silence. Like himself his Father didn't see the need for idle chitchat and was just as comfortable riding in the quiet. "So...do you like her?" Well, at least he usually did anyway.

Blinking in surprise and looking at his Father he rose a brow in confusion. "What?" "Do you like her? Lady Juliana, your betrothed." Slightly uncomfortable under the sudden stare Demiren found himself shrugging slightly. "She's quite lovely when she wants to be. Has a bit of a playful side, I'm pretty sure we won't be at each others throats by the end of the day if that's what your asking."

Apparently it was as William relaxed back into his seat. "Good, good..." Falling back into the silence Demiren was still slightly confused by the sudden question but let it slide as he went back to looking out the window.

After awhile they arrived and the two lords exited the carriage as Demiren's things were unloaded and begun to be taken inside. Looking the place over he gave a small nod. It was a rather charming place, simply needed some soap and water really. "Demiren." Looking back down from the house he followed his Father and the servant that had come to fetch them inside.

Meeting up with Lady Juliana and her Father in the small courtyard Demiren hung back slightly letting the two older men greet each other. Letting his eyes slide over to Juliana he offered a polite, if not sincere smile and moved forward to greet her. Stopping a few feet from her he bowed slightly and offered another smile. "Good Morning Lady Juliana."
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote        
"Good morning Lord Demiren." Juliana greeted back though it was mostly a facade. She would rather not be there in fact if it wasn't for the fact that she had to be for now she would have already found a way to leave. Latter she swore to herself she would find a way out of this situation. For now she would act in front of her father as well as her soon to be father in law just to save face.

Her father gave her a look that said they should go now. "I suppose I should show you around." She said smiling at her fathers approving nod as she began to walk away from him to show Demiren around. She wondered how long she would be able to act like she was ok with everything when all she wanted to do was fight it.

((short but I got nothing else sorry))