Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Twigg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote        
I can draw males, just not as well as females.
My male drawings always look... awkward. Stiff, kind of. Whereas with females, I find it easier.

That and a good amount of males have short hair, so you can't hide any facial flaws with hair.
hiei

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote        
I can draw both, but I'm far better at females. I started by drawing males too. xD
I do draw females more tho, and not having the boobs there kind of messes me up. Meh, maybe if I was a guy or had a boyfriend I could do better at it.
@ __@
sychobunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote        
I once had this conversation with my friend while he was sketching and complaining how hard it is to draw females, and I was like "what?"

I can draw females way better than males, and he's the opposite. For me, I think its getting the right muscle tone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:54 pm Reply with quote        
I find drawing guys just as easy as girls. I actually draw guys a lot more often, but thats probably why I don't have a problem with doing so.

Men not having such obvious curves, has a lot to do with people not drawing them, plus with the populatiry of feminine men you can get away with a simlified anatomy (screw muscles they're prettier this way!) so people don't bother trying to make men look like men

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I've been away from this thread forever. D:

I guess you can really get away with drawing feminine looking men. I men, I like my guys curvy in real life too. @.@ It's more artistic.

HenceForth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quote        
personal preference in men may be a big factor too then,
I don't really like curvy or really femine men, I also don't often draw that kind of person.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:51 pm Reply with quote        
Yay, I made a discovery! XD

It makes sense with women too though; generally I draw my women as tall with small chests and long hair - exactly what I picture as "beautiful" in my mind.

HenceForth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote        
Hurray for discoveries!!

But....I don't really do the same for girls,

or mabey I just have different tastes in beauty. If i think of the last few girl characters I've drawn they are noting alike shape wise......

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote        
I can understand that, because you probably draw a lot more than me. I draw my main idea of "beauty" and such, which revolves around the same opinions. What do you draw for, if you don't mind my asking?

HenceForth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:35 pm Reply with quote        
Mostly for my own enjoyment, recently to kill time in class, sometimes for avatar community comissions, once and a while for my friends.

Well, I've been trying to start up a webcomic for a few years now, but I wanted to get better first. I've been drawing to reach that goal. So a lot of what I draw have been concepts, possible characters, practise poses, trying out differnt styles...things like that.

I've actually found someone who has a short story that I can use to make a practice comic, so I'll be starting work on that soon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, I see. So what you seem to draw for is variety and experience; it makes sense that you'd have different looking characters.

Wow, that's interesting. ^_^ Good luck on it!

HenceForth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote        
I guess that would make the difference wouldn't it, but really I havn't done too much for variety I still rarely draw children and practically never older adults

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:02 am Reply with quote        
Mmm, yeah, young adults/teenagers seem to be the most popular in that area.

HenceForth

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
definitly, they make up the most popular celebreties and that age seems to be the most desired. Plus people often draw those around their own age

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote        
Mmm, that's true. xP

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next