Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:59 am Reply with quote        
Ren's mind kept slipping in and out of the darkness. He heard voices sometimes, but couldn't tell if they were real or not, or what they were saying. He kept in that state until he felt a strange power envelope his body.

'Ngh...' He felt his legs jerk and his arms moving to push him up. It hurt. He wasn't in control. 'No!!' His red eyes snapped open, blazing with fury. The magic controlling him suddenly broke. Ren fell, panting. He looked up, and saw a face vaguely familiar. 'Jaden?'

((Ren's race is resistant to most types of magic, except things like healing and telepathy))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote        
((Killerkitty - can you go ahead and reply to what I said. ^^ Unless I'm being a blond and you already did. XD Cuz I've done that before. Shocked ))

^ Meet Zahi, a character I had before I joined Midorea. XD Irony, no?
killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote        
Georgia felt a tingle when her hand touched Tempest's. Obviously she must've imagined it. 'Ooh!' she said, as she stroked the dragon's red fur.

Diana, meanwhile, turned her head back towards the city, which seemed to be in some huge underground bowl, with dangerous-looking stairs going down. 'Hey.. There's a group of people in the distance... One of them's acting a bit weird, I think.' It was hard to tell as they were at quite a distance.

((Done! And I personally get really annoyed when I hear someone say 'blond' to refer to being stupid or ignorant. I'm top of my class and I'm a blonde. BLOND IS A HAIR COLOUR, PEOPLE, NOT A WAY OF THINKING (OR NOT THINKING)!! It's nothing against you, just the mass crowd that has grown used to using blonde the wrong way. It gets on my nerves!))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote        
((I'm sorry, but don't freak out. I have nothing against blonds at all. It's just what me and my friends say.))

I smiled at Georgia. "Didn't imagine it," I said. "That was my mind entering your's." I laughed and took a few small steps back. Then, hearing Diana, I looked the way she was looking. My eyesight was better than a bird of prey's, but I still couldn't quite tell. One of them looked hurt, though. "Wanna check it out?" I asked her. "Zahi can carry two people at a time, and I can fly on my own."

killerkitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote        
((O.O I kinda blew up there. That does not happen often Sweat Yeah I understand n.n))

'Wait... What?' Georgia was looking utterly astounded. Diana could tell that this was all too much for her. This all that was happening was way bigger than Diana's little 'accidents'. Though somehow she felt that those strange phenomenons and this place were connected.

Diana admired the black and red dragon.'Um.. I would like to ride him, please. I've... I've always wanted to ride one.' Diana turned a bit pink. She had read many books and stories about dragons, and had grown to daydream about them quite often.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote        
I puzzeled slighly over what Georgia was so confused about. Flying or mind tricks? Oh well. Zahi mentally screamed his disapproval of him being ridden at me, but I knew he didn't really mind that much. I elbowed him gently.
"Sure," I said, grinned. "Hope on!"
I spread out my wings, ready to fly and waited for them to get on Zahi's back.

((edit: It's fine. ^^ I know what you mean. It is pretty annoying when people say that and mean it. It's just what me and my friends say to avoid calling each other stupid. XD))

Inamorata

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:01 pm Reply with quote        
Allegra snapped back to herself, shaking her head a little. Her ass was getting cold and her legs had that tingly feeling that meant she'd been sitting in one place for far too long. With a huge, calming breath, she let her head fall back against the wall a few times with a soft gravelly thud, her eyes squeezed shut, before opening them, her mind sharp. Three things were clear: This was real, as the buzzing in her legs and the scratches on her palms told her. She had no where better to go, and she wasn't currently in any danger that she could see.

Eyes sharp, she got herself up, waited for the blood to rush back into her legs, brushed herself off with more ceremony than was strictly necessary, and walked herself over to the edge of the opening. This time, she noticed that it did not just drop off into empty air, as she'd assumed, but that there were stairs - very crumbly unsafe ones - winding down the face of the cliff into the outskirts of the city.

"Well, we might as well go in then." And why not? She'd never been a coward. So what if this wasn't strictly possible - it wouldn't be the first time she came across something supposedly impossible. Snorting in dirision, she stepped off the ledge onto the stairs and started down, not waiting for anyone else - she never did - her back straight and her expression determined. She had no idea what she was walking into, and didn't care. Anywhere was better than where she'd been.

((Hey guys! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been stuck irl for the past couple days. As per the request of one of our players, I've both made an OOC thread for lurking, chatting and suggestions, where I'll store all of your wonderful profiles, and have added a new faction. I would like to clarify, since it's not apparent, that the creation of new factions, groups, gangs, organizations and so on are absolutely permitted and encouraged! It adds flavour and depth and is what free-form roleplaying is all about - you create the world on the skeleton I've given you!

All I ask is that, when you create a new group or faction (whether for a backstory, or for use in your current RP) that you send me a quick PM with any details you've come up with, so I can add it in to the front page description! Smile Also, awesome RPing from you all so far, we've already gone beyond what I'd hoped for this game. Keep up the awesomesauce guys!))

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
I saw Allegra going down the steps. "Good luck," I called. "I'll check on ya later, kay?" My feathers twitched slightly, ready to fly.
I glanced and Georgia and Diana. "Well, come on," I said, slightly impaitent.

((Thanks! ^^ This role play is quite amusing and fun. Also helps me build Zahi's personality since he's been just a character for so long. XD))

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:57 am Reply with quote        
Off in the distance, but not too far from where the small group is, there is a snarling sound. Prompted not only by this sound, but by the pounding sensation still playing about behind her temples, Jaariel puts a hand up to stop the bickering about who will carry the injured Ren. When she speaks, her words are clipped and edged with just the slightest bit of impatience.

“Look, I assure you both that there will be plenty of time for heated debate later…if that is what you truly desire. However, for the time being might I please suggest that we all agree to disagree and settle this as promptly as possible? I may have saved him…”She points down at Ren. “…but he probably isn’t feeling any better down there on the cold ground. Also, I don’t know if any of you heard that sound a moment ago, but I personally am not all too eager to see the thing from whence it came. In my experience, nothing in this particular area, with very few exceptions, takes kindly to the weak and vulnerable which I know at least one in this group to be right now. So perhaps, just maybe, we could save the metaphorical grandstanding for a later time.” The steel in her voice is matched by that of her eyes, and she has apparently run out of patience…oddly enough, considering her earlier kindness.

Somewhere far away from the scene that is currently playing out here in Urus, in the world above, a young man is sleeping fitfully. His dreams are invaded by not-so-happy memories of a little boy with scrapped knees sitting half-naked and dirty in an empty stone room.

[The chill in the air has brought goose-bumps to the little boy’s arms and the tears leaking from the corners of his eyes burn the scratches on his cheeks. He doesn’t understand why he has been brought to this place; one moment he had been at home with his mother and they had been talking about dreams, and the next she was making frantic phone calls in a hushed voice and he had heard his name slipped out several times from where he listened, behind his bedroom door. He had thought the conversation with his mom was a little weird, but it had been kind of fun to tell her all about the dreams he had been having. Fantastic things he saw in them, some of them quite frightening, but none-the-less enthralling to a little boy; monstrous things that couldn’t possibly be real would parade about his head nightly as he slept, probably the result of too many snuck in late night horror films and a barrage of Saturday morning cartoons. He didn’t understand any of this; he had thought his mother would have been riveted by his tales, instead she seemed scared…of him. His mother’s reaction had hurt, but it had been nothing compared to what the men in the robes who came to the house after one of his mother’s phone calls had had in store for him. He trusted these men when they first came knocking at his bedroom door, because they were dressed like Father Francois, the jovial priest that he saw at Mass every Sunday. But these men were nothing like Father Francois, they were not jovial or kind, but cruel and full of a hate that he hadn’t known existed…a hatred born of fear…fear of the little boy himself. They had taken him from his mother, from his comfortable home, and brought him here to this cold, dark room. It smelled like dead things in here, and the floor was covered in dark crimson stains. The men had questioned the little boy; about his mother, his father (who had died several years before and whom the boy could barely even remember) about his friends (which he didn’t have many of, being home-schooled and not allowed to play outside) and finally, about his dreams. It wasn’t as fun to tell these men about monsters and the like as it had been to tell his mom at first. When the boy had answered all the questions to the best of his ability and they had still wanted to know more, the men had resorted to bullying and mild violence…but still the boy knew no more. Finally the men had left, promising to return with a harsher means of persuasion. Now, sitting alone in dread, and huddled in a corner the boy cries silently, trying to figure out what he’s done wrong. He can hear footsteps down the hall, getting closer to the door of the small room, cringing he buries his face in his arms and waits. Suddenly, he feels a pair of warm hands gently prying his folded arms apart and lifting his chin up from his lap. Shocked, the boy stares into a set of beautiful sapphire-blue eyes. He’s confused as to what such a pretty lady is doing in a place like this, but even more so by the fact that she seems to have gotten into the room without even opening the door. Just then, the doorknob turns, and the woman whips around to face one of the robed men from earlier….]

The young man sits up with a start, and looks around the small room. It is empty save for a few basic pieces of furniture, and a cracked old mirror on one of the barren walls. Sighing, he gets out of bed and walks over to the small end table under the mirror, where a bottle of over-the-counter pain reliever and a half-empty bottle of scotch sit. He pops a couple of the pain relievers into his mouth with one hand, unscrewing the cap from the bottle of scotch with the other. Rubbing his neck he downs some of the scotch straight from the bottle, and stares at his reflection for a moment. The bags under his eyes coupled with the shock of white streaking the bangs of his otherwise jet-black hair make him look a lot older than a mere 25 (at least he thinks so.) Of course, that white hair had always been there, and he is rather used to it by now. Scoffing at his haggard unshaven appearance he takes another huge swig of the scotch before capping the bottle and making his way to the small adjoining bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. He knows he shouldn’t be drinking so much, but hell, if he was going to make it in the Underground today, he’d need a little something. Sighing once more, Father Dominic Greer prepares to make the trip that he has been dreading for months now.

(( OMG HUGE 1100+ wall-o-text!! Shocked I’m sorry, but I just had to. I <3 this new guy, by the way. Bouncy Heart ))

monk115

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:34 am Reply with quote        
Elia was still a little annoyed with this Jaden kid. "Fine i guess we can leave now." Elia found some dead bodies in the ground below her and reanimated them As they dug to the surface she sat and waited next to Sebby.

When at last the skeletons reached the surface she had them pick up Ren and start carrying him. At the same time she was helping Jaariel up.

(can you put the two different characters in different colors this way we know who is who.)
killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:16 am Reply with quote        
Diana hopped on eagerly, and helped Georgia get onto Zahi. A wide grin was spread across Diana's face as they lifted off. This is amazing, she thought.

Georgia, meanwhile, was staring in front of her, wide-eyed, terrified. She clung to the red fur and held and her knees were pressed tightly against the dragon's body. She closed her eyes tightly shut. This was terrifying.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote        
As Zahi leaped into the sky with a roar, I flapped my wings, creating a huge gush of wind. I was in the air for a few seconds, then flapped again. I had years of experience flying, but had just perfected the art of taking of without a running start a few months ago. I flew above Zahi and looked down at the two girls on his back. I pushed into their minds gently to find Diana excited and loving it and Georgia terrified. I eased deeper into Georgia's mind and pushed gentle, calming thoughts into her brain.
Calm yourself and have fun, I told her. I won't let you fall and niether will Zahi.
I flapped my wings again and rose higher before doing a arial backflip. I loved flying. It was the best feeling in the world.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:14 pm Reply with quote        
Diana heard Georgia let out a deep shuddering sigh. The flight ended all too soon, as Zahi landed next to the group of people. Diana and Georgia slid off his back.

Diana gasped at the sight of the man covered in blood. 'Oh my god,' said Georgia.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
((Please don't rp what Zahi does. ^^ Sorry, but I hate it when people rp for my characters))

I swooped down and landed beside Zahi. His back started twitching and I looked at him oddly.
'Hungry. Blood. Flesh. Food.' came his hurried and pained explanation.
My eyes widened as I understood him. "We gotta go," I told Diana and Georgia. "Be back later."
Swinging up onto his back, I thought, 'Go! Now!'
We rushed hurriedly into the sky, climbing higher and higher in seconds.

Inamorata

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote        
Nemeon grunted and set the mug of ale on the counter with a loud thunk that couldn't be heard over the din in the room, directly infront of the latest customer. His skin had been itchy between his shoulderblades all night, which usually meant there were new comers in the tunnels, most likely making their way into Urus. Which would mean more work for him, eventually.

His tavern was situated in the largest commerce area in Urus and was the main - the only - safe place for travelers of any and all sorts to congregate and stay in relative peace. Behind the walls of this place there was an unwritten but thoroughly respected embargo on all violence, reinforced and enforced by the burly, terrifying bartender and owner himself. Noone really knew what he was capable of, which suited him fine. Rumours did more for keeping people in line than he did, more often than not the mere thought of facing him was enough to quell any disputes - until they got outside. Not that he couldn't back his threats up - the amount of skulls he'd cracked over the years attested to that. He just preferred it when people followed the damn rules.

The tavern itself was a tall, many roomed building which was constantly being added onto and was never not under construction. The outer building looked like one of those old english Taverns or inns, the kind you'd see in Lord of the Rings or something - except where an odd romanesque column or jutting stone tower protruded. Despite evidencing influences from different time periodes and cultures from the surface world, the look seemed to flow, pulling itself together where it should have looked like an odd assortment of randome pieces or architecture. The front wall faced the main thoroughfare - Merchant's Street - the largest shopping district in the Underground. A short cobblestone path leads from the street to the steps of the entrance, and from there to the stables around the side where steeds and other modes of transportation are stored in a large open air barn-like structure, staffed by trained, skilled people from mechanics to stablehands. Doors from the left hand side enter into the main room of the tavern proper.

When you first enter the Tavern, you're greeting with a mish mash of culture clash and eccentricity. A large, highly polished and well maintained plaque on the wall by the bar reads: "NEUTRAL GROUND. FIGHT OUTSIDE. ALL VIOLATORS WILL BE KILLED FIRST, QUESTIONED LATER." Numerous tables with chairs of varying sizes and quality litter the large common hall. Despite its enourmous size, it seems small and intimate with the dim, smokey lighting - no matter the time of day outside. The tables and chairs themselves seem to be organized in a winding, eclectic pattern, and the number of tables adds up to odd numbers only, with odd numbered chairs at each one. The romanesque colums dissect the room here and there, carved with ornate designs, seemingly telling stories. Some are humourous, featuring ludicrous situations, while others seem to depict tragedies. The whole effect is visually odd, but as those who are familiar with the esoteric know, the design of the room is in place to break up stagnant energy and interrupt the flow of energy from one place in the room to another. Those with magic cannot accidentally effect the entire tavern, while those with out magic are able to feel safe in that they cannot be accidentally affected.

At the back of the room from the main door and windows lies the long bar lined with stools and backed by rows of alcohol, taps, cups and other assorted mysterious or exotic things, at which the Tavern keeper stands, idly washing a dish here or whiping the bar there, serving customers and glaring around as his sharp eagle eyes miss nothing. The left hand most side of the room features a large, well worne wooden stair case leading up to the upper floors, off set by a large ornate marble fireplace surrounded by large armchairs, couches, assorted benches and stools. A door on the wall under the stairs leads back into the large kitchens where meals and various foods are prepaired.

There are three floors to the building, the topmost floors are kept emmaculate and house the most expensive and lavish rooms at the tavern, saved for people of note and wealth who come through Urus. The second and first floors are filled with the normal everday rooms for rent, the styles of which are as varied as the people who stay in them. No matter how many people seem to show up, there never seems to be a shortage of room or service. The Tavern is run by a large taskforce of various people all organised by Nemeon, and is almost always willing to hire on in short or long term.

Glaring at noone in particular, Nemeon picked up his rag and returned to wiping mugs and pouring drinks. Tonight, for some godawful reason, he was busier than usual. The denizens of Urus, and the Underground in general, were uneasy. Things were moving in the underworld, moving in the Underground, and those who lived here could feel it. He wondered, vaguely, if The Duchess was up to something new. Shrugging, he let it slide and turned his attention back to running the tavern. Eventually, he supposed, he would find out what was happening. He always did, and just as he always found out about it sooner or later, he always survived it. He'd been here for as long as Urus and The Duchess, and would be here long after the city crumbled and the people moved to new cities.