Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which do you prefer?
Anime
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Manga
26%
 26%  [ 7 ]
Both
65%
 65%  [ 17 ]
Neither
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:30 am Reply with quote        
Out of downloads? What do you mean?

and thanks for the link..

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
heyy13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:39 am Reply with quote        
You know, i have 120gb of downloads in a month on my broadband and when i go over that limit my internet is "shaped", meaning they slow it down so it's only useful for surfing and not downloading anything. I used up the last of my quota two days ago. xD;;

I'm australian, we don't have unlimited downloads here.

No issues, that site has both the anime you mentioned so i may watch them next month. : )
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:52 am Reply with quote        
aw, that sucks! well good luck then!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote        
*flails* I missed posts agian. ._.

Anyway, thanks for the additions. (Haha, I wrote addictions. XD)

heyy13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:11 am Reply with quote        
Don't freak out Chu. xD

Anime and manga are rather addictive...
FlyingYume

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:35 am Reply with quote        
I'm reading mangas on onemanga.com too. :'DD

Title: Absolute Boyfriend
Type: Manga
Genre: comedy, live action, romance, sci-fi, shoujo
User’s opinion: Very interesting. Also good drawing. I just love it. <3

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:32 pm Reply with quote        
[b][i]@Hey: Haha, that's true. xP

I recently finished a few series but I'll think about adding them at a later date. I'm kinda exhausted.

@Yume: Thanks. ^^ I read it but gave up on it once *spoiler* hahaha.

Neko Dawn

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:20 am Reply with quote        
Title: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Type: Anime
Genre: Action/Mecha
User’s opinion: It's one of my favorite anime. It's chock full of action, mechas, and super awesome characters doing super awesome things.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:22 pm Reply with quote        
Neko Dawn wrote:
Title: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Genre: Action/Mecha
User’s opinion: It's one of my favorite anime. It's chock full of action, mechas, and super awesome characters doing super awesome things.

agreed I finished the series over the summer and it was awesome

Prince_Phobos

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quote        
I've been reading way too much on onemanga lately. To be honest, I read a LOT of horror manga. And... Plenty of yaoi, hehe... >>

However, I will only reccomend the horror ones I read on onemanga, but most ARE fairly adult in a lot of ways. And, yes, this list is a little long..

Title: 7 Seeds
Genre: Horror/adventure/drama/shoujo
User’s opinion: The story isn't finished yet (rather, the translations aren't.) However, it is exceptionally good, beautiful art, and a sort of heart-wrenching story. It makes my heart ache, the setting, the characters, and the psychological twists and turns are what makes the story. The fact is, it's not really scary, it's more or less a little sad, and painful.

Title: BioMeat - Nectar
Genre: Horror/shounen
User’s opinion: This one has funny parts, sad parts, and weird parts. Good story; in a way it's scary, but not and it's also a bit futuristic. Good read if you're not into mushy romance stuff and more into fighting, fear, and adorable characters.

Title: Count Cain(GodChild and Count Cain Saga)
Genre: historical/horror/ mystery/psychological/shoujo/shounen-ai/tragedy
User’s opinion: Amazing, just amazing. Kaori Yuki always has good story-lines, of course this one is a little odd, but beautiful. The fact is, both series' make my heart ache, and maybe scare me just a little; it is weird, very weird indeed, but awesomely written.

Title: Banana Fish
Genre: Shojo
User’s opinion: Good story, very 1980's art. It's actually very interesting, funny, sad, and good. No fantasy, just good 'ol crime, drugs, and New York City.

Title: Parasyte
Genre: horror/psychological/seinen/supernatural
User’s opinion:This one's good, made me really happy to read. All I have to say is: aliens, teenagers, and murder.

riddle.me.this

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:26 pm Reply with quote        
Title: Excel Saga
Genre: Comedy
Comments: Completely insane, very hectic; mostly ridiculous stuff without a major discernible plot but highly entertaining if you're not looking for a major story

Title: Model
Type: Manga (Korean)
Genre: horror/romance
Comments: Love this manga, only 7 volumes long, about an artist who is commissioned to do a portrait, sort of on a bet, of a vampire and goes to live in his house.

Title: Snow Drop
Type: Manga (Korean)
Genre: romance/comedy
Comments: Cute story, very reminiscent of Mars or something like it, rich lonely girl, poor outgoing guy, madness ensues and romance buds

Title: Technolyze
Genre: sci-fi
Comments: Very good, based on the little i've seen, post-apocalyptic, widespread use of cybernetic limbs in the higher class, story based around a lower class man who was given limbs by a scientist looking for experiment subjects

Title: Lain
Genre: Sci-fi
Comments: Weeeird stuff, but darn good. Very in depth, somewhat confusing, about a girl and the differences between the cyber world and the real world
Cougati

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote        
Manga:

Title: Trinity Blood
Type: Manga/anime
Genre: Action
User’s opinion: Slightly overdone, but well written with BEAUTIFUL art and likable characters. Is Complete.

Title: Qwan
Genre: Fantasy/no idea
User’s opinion: Not finished yet, but interesting and worth a read- if you can find it.

Title: Descendants of Darkness (Yami no Matsuei)
Type: anime/manga
Genre: horror/shonen ai (sort of)
User’s opinion: I love this. The art is beautiful, I love the characters and the story. The anime is complete, though not very impressive, the books are up to eleven.

Title: King of Thorn
Type: manga
Genre: Survival/actiuon
User’s opinion: If you can find this READ IT. It's amazing. It's very different, and the series is complete.

Title: Pet shop of Horrors
Genre: horror
User’s opinion: Arts a little weird, but it's a good read. Complete.

Title: Tsubasa
Genre: Adventure
User’s opinion: Manga is beautiful (not yet complete) the music from the anime is really good, but the anime itself is horrible. Read but don't watch. Not complete.

Title: Chrono Crusade
Genre: adventure/fantasy/what
User’s opinion: I love this. The manga and the anime are both finished, and both good. They're also pretty different plot-wise. The characters are very well developed.

Title: xxxHolic
Genre: fantasy
User’s opinion: Good, lots of fun stuff about mythology and spirits. Both the anime and the manga are good, (manga is better) but I think only the anime is complete.

Title: Code Geass
Genre: I don't have a clue
User’s opinion: Really good. The manga and the anime are way different, so it's fun to experience both of them. Neither of them are complete yet though. The anime is on it's second season.

Title: Papuwa Island
Type: anime
Genre: comedy
User’s opinion: If you can find this, WATCH IT. It's like, the Monty Python of anime. Juvenile humor, but really funny, and the art is fantastic! (Make sure you're watching the new season though, not the old one from the 90s!) Complete.

Title: Immortal Rain
Genre: Shojo/Action
User’s opinion: Cute, good art, fun to read. Not completed.

Title: Twelve Kingdoms
Genre: adventure/fantasy
User’s opinion: good, nice art, but really long. If you don't like political stuff, probably don't watch this, there's quite a bit. Complete.

Title: Mushi-shi
Genre: fantasy
User’s opinion: AMAZING. Interesting art, great storyline, great characters. Original. Completed.

Title: R.O.D (Read or Die)
Type: manga/anime
Genre: action
User’s opinion: This one is just fun. Rather original. Can't vouch for the manga, but the anime is pretty good. Both are complete.

That's all I've got!
Carpe Diem

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:52 pm Reply with quote        

[b]Title
: Eternal Sabbath or ES
Genre: Sci-Fi i believe
User’s opinion: For mature readers. It's by the same author/manga-ka of Mars. Very beautifully done and extensively detailed. It's a fairly short series but very action packed and emotional.

Title: Peach Girl
Type: Manga/Anime
Genre: Shoujo
User’s opinion: I really love this series. The art is beautiful. The characters are complex and the plot is amazing. I confess I cried a few times while reading this series.

Title: Mars
User’s opinion: Love this series. It's very beautiful, both the story and the characters. Highly recommend reading.

Title: Nana
User’s opinion: The art is a little weird but the story is great. I enjoy reading it.
[/b]
Cougati

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:48 am Reply with quote        
Here's another one:

Title: Basilisk
Type: Anime/ manga
Genre: horror
User’s opinion: Really good. Really graphic though, so if you're not into people dying in horrible gruesome ways, stay away. I think the anime is complete, I don't know about the manga.
Carpe Diem

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote        
Title: Demon Diaries
Genre: Fantasy
User’s opinion: Beautiful art work, great plot and awesome characters.

Title: Boys Before Flowers
User’s opinion: Very cutesy but unrealistic. Very fun to read however