Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:53 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve took a brief moment before answering, the change of personality of Kerr still giving her a weird feeling. "Hm, no problem, we have a few spare rooms that are always available for travelers," she said with a small smile. "Whenever you guys are ready, I can show you your room," she added.

((So short XD
Thanks for reviving it, Atraea Bouncy Heart))

Atraea

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote        
Atraea eyed the confusing stranger as he took the remaining mug from her hand and handed off the mug she'd already given him. She tried to contemplate what was happening, only to come to the conclusion that she needed another drink, and walked back to the bar. As she was setting up, she yelled from behind the counter, "Hey, anyone want anything other than booze while I'm back here? Gettin' kinda hungry, might whip up some food."

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
ninjamaos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:06 pm Reply with quote        
Basil was about to thank the kind girl... what was her name again? He thought it might start with an 'M'... anyways, he was going to thank her for her hospitality, when he realized the previously-small-but-now-turned-normal-sized fairy-person was speaking. When he registered what it was that she was saying, he forgot all thoughts of politeness.
"...Food?" Basil said hopefully, too tired and worn to worry about how forward he was being. His stomach growled, an abrupt counterpoint to his soft voice, and he blushed a little. It had been a long time since he'd eaten.

Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart Thank you Purochen! Bouncy Heart Bouncy Heart
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote        
December 1st, 2010

~ Almost two months have passed since the last happenings at the Guild. After the arrival of some new members, everyone quickly returned to their usual business, soon forgetting about the basement and any other strange events that had happened. After all, one could easily guess that weird things would happen in a place that keeps various critters, including a well-known giant squid, and tons of magical artifacts of all sorts.

A colder wind has started to blow through the Great Gated City, announcing the beginning of the winter time. The generally warm climate has cooled down a bit, although it's still a bit too hot to expect any snow soon, but one can always hope. Inside the guild, warm cocoa, tea and hot cider have replaced the usual cold drinks and are served every morning with freshly baked cookies and other sweets to keep the hearts warm. The preparation for the solstice has started and decorations are being added to add to the cheerful mood... ~

Maeve had woken up early, like she usually did, and had quickly headed to the kitchen after the usual morning preparation. She had just finished cooking her first batch of cookies and was now placing them on a platter for everyone to grab once they got down, thinking about the rest of the things she needed to do this week. A whistle sound reminded her of the water she had put to boil on the stove, and she quickly poured it into a teapot, replacing the empty kettle near the stove. She then looked around for a few seconds, wondering if she needed to do anything in the room...

"No, all seems fine," she thought, a smile playing on her lips as she exited the room, a cookie in her hand and soon in her mouth. Now, she needed to retrieve those decorations from the basement... "Ugh, why do we need to keep everything in the darkest, creepiest place?" she asked out loud as she passed through the living room and into the hall, heading for the stairs. Hopefully, the boxes of decorations would have been left close enough to the stairs that she would not need to venture into the basement for a week to retrieve them... With that thought and a sigh, she reached her hand to open the door of the basement, ready to go down.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote        
As Maeve reached for the door handle of the bsaement, it turned. The door seemed to open on its' own before the Guild master. A figure stepped out of the gloom of the dreaded basement. It turned out to be none other than, Tsemara. She seemed surprised to see Mave at the door of the basement, of all places. She regained her composure after a moment of stunned silence.

"Hey Maeve, how's it going?" She greeted the other with a grin. "And are those cookie I smell?"

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
Kerr had greatly enjoyed his stay at the guild, while Aen had kept trying to convince himself that he should be leaving soon. Kerr ignored him, as usual. He was a bit irritating at times, especially when he was spoiling fun. The others had for some reason given him odd looks the first few weeks, but soon they ignored his double personality. Kerraen didn't like it when people found him weird, it made him feel uncomfortable. It's a good thing no one had found out yet about his shapeshifting powers.

Aen soon figured that if they were to part now, then they'd probably freeze to death with the oncoming winter, to Kerr's gladness. He really liked this friendly place, and the cookies were great. Aen didn't like how the fairy smelled of alcohol, though, and usually avoided her, though Kerr would sometimes join her and have a few pints of beer, often ending up in bursts of songs and carols.

Kerr was lying in his room, staring at the ceiling, remembering how he had been chased by someone two months ago or so. It felt like so long ago. He sighed and went downstairs, following the aroma of the cookies. He soon forgot about it, being a merry person, though Aen wondered why someone would be chasing them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve jumped a bit when the door opened seemingly by itself. She had not yet enchanted it to do so... or at least she didn't remember it. Seeing Tsemara appeared on the other side reassured her a bit. "Eh, doing fine, I guess," she said, passing a hand through her hair as she sometime did when she was stressed, quickly regaining her composure.

"And yes, those are cookies you smell, unless you are smelling something else." She paused a little, before adding: "And how are you?" with a smile, moving away from the basement's door to let Tse come out of the door's case if she wanted to.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote        
Basil woke slowly to the smell of... cookies? Mmm... he thought sleepily, curling up under his downy quilt. It was so soft! So much better than the ground, Basil thought with a smile. He sighed gently at the thought of leaving his bed, but the growling of his stomach overpowered his laziness, urging him to follow his nose and get some of those cookies. Basil slipped reluctantly from under the covers, shivering a little as his bare feet contacted the cool wooden floor. He laughed a little in delight, his icy wings blooming across his back in a transparent filigree. Basil loved cold weather; it amplified his powers and made him feel alive. With a smile on his face and a whistle on his lips, he trotted downstairs to investigate the source of the fresh-cookie smell.

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:38 am Reply with quote        
Seeing as the other's mind had wandered away, Maeve shrugged and passed beside her, making her way into the basement. Stopping as she reached the floor, she took a look around, making sure to turn the lights on before heading further down. Funny things always roamed in the guild's basement and, although she normally didn't mind the unexpected meetings, she wasn't really in the mood for it now.

"Need to find those decorations and get back upstairs," she said, a smile playing on her lips as she made her way down the main hallway. After a few turns, pauses and sighs, she finally reached the storage section, where most of the stuff the guild owned was kept. No one really care about those things though, hence why there were hidden deep in the basement and covered with dust and spiderwebs.

"Ugh, great," the woman said as she moved between the boxes and chest, slowly removing the webs from her path, looking for anything that would look like the decorations' boxes.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote        
Distracted by the smell of the fresh baked treats, Tse'Mara hardly noticed when Maeve slipped past her. She slunk into the kitchen, wondering if anyone else was up and about. While there, she rummaged through the cupboards for a bit to get a glass for milk. You can't have cookies without milk. Only after she had poured herself a drink did she realized that Maeve was no longer nearby. Shrugging, she helped herself to a handful of baked goods.

If the guildmaster didn't return by the time she was finished with her "breakfast", Tse'd go back downstairs to investigate.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
ninjamaos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:32 am Reply with quote        
As Basil's nose led him into the kitchen, he saw Tse'mara already starting on the fresh cookies. "G-good morning," he said quietly. It had been two months, but he still wasn't used to living in a house with other people. It was a big house, to be sure, but it wasn't the same as living in a caravan with people he'd known his whole life.
Basil shook himself from his reverie and took a cookie. Mmmm, he thought, still warm. He felt a thin trail of water run down his back as his ice-wings reacted to the heat of the kitchen, and shivered a little in delight. It was so worth it for fresh-baked cookies.

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote        
"AH AH! GOT IT!"

With a victorious yell, Maeve pulled one of the boxes. Sadly, it was apparently the one on which most of the other boxes stood... "What?!?" Jumping away as quickly as she could, the woman made her way back almost all way too the staircases. After the sound of falling boxes and various objects had stopped, she turned around to look at the disaster.

"Well, we'll need to clean that later," she thought with a shrug. Not that most people would care, since almost nobody came to the basement anyway, but she still loved to know everything was in order. With a small sigh, she went back upstairs, the box of decorations firmly in hands. Hearing voices coming from the kitchen, she headed there. " 'morning Basil" she said with a smile, dropping the box of decoration on the counter and heading to the sink to clean her hands... and arms... "Ugh, too much dust down there," she said as she dusted herself up as best as she could.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote        
Basil jumped a little as he heard a sudden crash from the basement, looking towards the door to the stairs to see what the commotion was. In a few moments, Maeve came up the stairs, carrying a box of...something. It was too dusty to tell. "Morning Basil," the equally dusty girl said congenially, before attempting to de-dustify her person.
"Good morning." Basil watched curiously for a few minutes as Maeve tried, rather unsuccesfully, to wash herself off. Then he gave in, laughing a little as he walked over to her. "Here, I'll get it." Basil placed two slender fingers on the back of the girl's neck. From his fingertips, he sent a thin layer of water rushing out over her exposed skin and clothing, lifting layer after layer of dust before sending it outside to form muddy icicles against the house. He gave a last pulse, making sure Maeve was dry as well as dust-free, before removing his fingers and grabbing another cookie. Basil sighed. Even that little act had made him hungry again, and a little tired. Oh well. It was worth it for the life he had here. Cookies for breakfast, and all that. Yeah, life was good.

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve looked at Basil for a moment. "That was... weird," she finally said, still needing to get used to the power of the boy. "But thanks anyway," she added with a smile, pleased to be freed from the dust. She then returned to the box of decorations, opening it carefully, to prevent sending dust all over the room... or one of the giant blue spider that apparently appreciated living in old cardboard boxes in the basement.

When she was sure that nothing would jump on her, she started to look at the content of the box, slowly passing her hand on the small glass globes. At least they're all fine, she thought as she picked one up and looked through it, the light coming from a nearby window making it shine brightly. She replaced it back, passing to another until she was sure none of the decorations were broken, humming gently as she did and remembering her first winter on Midorea.

ninjamaos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote        
"Um... sorry," Basil apologized, blushing a little. He sometimes forgot just how... different he was, and used his powers without thinking about how others would react. Basil peeked at Maeve from the corner of his eye, deciding with releif that she didn't look unhappy or upset. He gave a little sigh before his attention was grabbed by the box the girl had just opened. It contained... shiny things.
"They're beautiful!" Basil exclaimed, a little breathlessly. He'd never seen anything like the delicate, multicolored globes before. "What are they?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next