Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote        
If you are interested then I tend to prefer a fantasy based rp, though throwing some steam punk or what have you in with it would be fun.

If you know these following settings then I am also willing to rp them.

I also log in about once a day, and stay on for a while. I do work and I do have a 19 month old so, so please be patient with me. I'm not opposed to a romance style role play, most of what I do involves role play in one way or another.

If you want a fan-based role play, then this is what I will do.
Warhammer Fantasy or 40K
Iron Kingdoms
World of Warcraft ((I have a plot idea in mind for this))
Oblivion
Dragon Age
Everquest
The Black Company
World of Darkness

Just let me know if you are interested.
I also far prefer playing a female character. I will compromise on this, but only if we are doubling.
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote        
Username: Athilea
Name and/or nickname(s): Call me Ath, I don't give real life names. I'm sorry.
Sex: Female
Race: Native American ((Cherokee))
Skills: I do not speak any other languages than English. I think I am a pretty advanced role player. I try to post at least one paragraph per reply. I have been role playing for going on 10 years now. My experiances have been in chat rooms, table top games, MMO's ((such as WoW, Aion, and Everquest 2)), and forum role playing. I don't really think there is a form or role play medium I have not participated in at some point.
Interests: I love Fantasy Adventure type games, though I'm willing to give anything a go. The only exceptions to this are games set in universes like Super Hero Comic Books ((DC and the like)), School setting, or book settings where the overarching story has been completed. By the latter I mean things like The Lord of The Rings, Harry Potter, so on and so forth.
My Games: I'm not currently part of any games here, but I try to role play on pretty much every site I'm on. I don't really know if I can link those though, so I will leave this blank for now.
My Characters: I suppose that I should actually make a list of characters, but I prefer to make them on the fly, per the game I am playing. I don't really like using something that's already set.
Looking for: I need to be able to join a One on One Role play. I cannot really participate in group role plays because I have to many obligations that would distract me, and ultimately leave me in the dust of them.
My Plots: Hmm, what to put here? I have always thought that playing a game where the characters absolutely hate each other at the start could be fun. I don't really have a lot of ideas that I plan out, but if I come up with something then I do have a search thread where they would be posted.
Way(s) to contact you: You can send me a private message here, or respond in my role play search thread here. I will update that fairly regularly, and I may also post this little thing there to help with a lack of information I think I may have an issue with there.
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote        
I will probably use this area to add more information as I decide on different things for the role plays that I might be interested in. This may even also include links to any role plays I do become involved in.
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:13 am Reply with quote        
reserved spot

Any takers at all?

What I have listed above is not a strict, I will play this and only this. I'm willing to give anything a try as long as it has an interesting story line. The only thing I have a problem with, really, if playing guys. I do not do it well.
Amlynd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote        
I'd be willing to meet you halfway, if you're still looking. I'm horrible at coming up with initial plot conflicts, but consider myself pretty adept at developing them, so if you can come up with a jumping off point, I would be more than happy to fire something up with you. I myself am partial to fantasy roleplays with lots of romance and unresolved sexual tension (because that's the best sort of sexual tension).

And what do you know? I prefer to play male characters! How convenient. Smile

I'm not big on fanfic RPs, although, while I know you strictly barred DC-continuity roleplays, I would not be opposed to doing something related to The Sandman if you're familiar with that series at all. If not, think nothing of it, it was only a passing fancy.

I am, however, very fond of worldbuilding, so perhaps we could do something with that?

Hm...I can't put a whole lot more here, can I? Let's see...I'm on at least once a day, so I should be able to post fairly regularly, aaaand...Oh. And I can present you with a writing sample if you'd like one.

So yes!
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, hey I have a setting in mind then. It's been in the back of my mind for some time now.

The idea is that there are two worlds that were once connected, once has been claimed by dragons since the humans renounced them, and they people that live there have, over the centuries, evolved so that they have a bond to at least one dragon. The character I would play is actually from the dragons world, and has become trapped in the hostile humans world. She's unusual in that she is bound to three dragons.

The bond is such that, if she were to die, all of three dragons would die with her, and if one dragon were to die she would become weaker and start down the path of insanity. If all of them die, then she would die.

What do you think?
Amlynd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm...that certainly sounds interesting! I especially like the "two worlds" aspect of the idea! Linked worlds are, in my opinion, some of the best worlds to play in, seeing as there's a little less of the usual predictability in that.

Though I wonder...would the second world, the one inhabited by humans, be very much akin to our modern world today? Because if that was the world you had in mind, then I might have another interesting, if wacky and a little confusing, idea that we could add onto the mix.

However, I'll save that, in case that's not the world you have in mind.

Smile It sounds like you have a character all fleshed out for this. Hmm... Well, I think my idea might affect what sort of character I can use, so I suppose I ought to await your answer on that matter.
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:33 pm Reply with quote        
It's not technological, it's your basic high fantasy setting with a few twists on the species. Like the elves, which I call Sisk, are more along the lines of elves that are short, live under ground, and tend to sport full beards. Like what we think of as dwarves, but with the elegance of elves mixed in there.
Amlynd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote        
Dwelves, then! I like it. (Don't mind me, I'm not really as obnoxious as I seem sometimes.)

Hmm...What sort of relationship do humans have with outsiders, then? I'm thinking that my lad will probably just be human, maybe a bit unconventional--an inventor who makes things out of wood chips and bits of toxic metals. Because inventors are always a little out of place in fantasy settings, and because they're a little messed up in the head.

Those characters are the best kind.

It also gives him a good brain to work with, getting to know your character and possibly helping her along with her issues. They could probably teach each other quite a bit, and that leaves a lot of room for a romantic aspect to slip in unnoticed and sit dormant in the corner. Smile
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote        
That sounds good to me.

The humans are only somewhat accepting of outsiders, meaning the Sisk and the other races. Most of the fear or hate dragons, because of what has been told to them by the King. Some, though, know that what they are being told is a load of crap, more or less, and side with any dragons they might still happen on in their world.
Amlynd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:37 am Reply with quote        
Hmm, that makes a good bit of sense. What happened to their king to make him fear/hate dragons so very much? I'm sure there's a story behind that one--and if not, there should be! (You could do a whole lot with that.)

Other info I need, other info I neeed....Is the split between the two worlds a fairly recent thing (within the last century), or has it been a while, so that stories of dragons in older traditions might have had a chance to die out a little bit?
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:09 am Reply with quote        
It's been a few centuries. Time enough for the people that were trapped on the dragons world to evolve to what they are today. All but one portal between the worlds was destroyed, and the only reason that one wasn't was because the humans could not find it.

The King is, himself, just as brainwashed as everyone else. He believes exactly what was told to him by his parents. They believe, now, that the dragons are vicious, blood thirsty creatures that want sacrifices made to him, and wish for humans to worship them, when in reality, they simply want to teach, and to learn.
Amlynd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote        
This sounds astonishingly similar to the recent shift in the mythological perception of dragons that has occurred as of late. In a good way, though. I like it a lot. Wink

Hm. Yeah, I think I've got a pretty good preconcept for a character. Do you have a particular character sheet you'd like me to use, or do you want me to use a character sheet at all? I mean, I'm perfectly content with dredging one up from scratch, for that matter, but your preference is my preference.
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote        
I'll get the thread going and send you the character sheet.
Amlynd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:46 pm Reply with quote        
Alrighty, that sounds like a plan to me! I await your word with bated breath.

And possibly a funny face. Smile