Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote        
I'm looking for someone to talk to. I don't care age, sex, location, don't care about any of that. I'm looking for someone that I can hold a serious conversation with, whether it's about books, movies, music, anything.

I just want to make it clear that I am not looking for anything sexual or anything even remotely like a relationship. Maybe not even a friendship. I just am tired of everyday conversations and I would really like it if I could just for once, talk to someone about things that MATTER. If anyone wants to talk, hit me up.

Seriously,

Emma
Ailyn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:43 pm Reply with quote        
Hello Emma. I'm Anna. It's nice to meet you. You left things exceedingly broad and different things matter to different people so I suppose I'll start with questions. What kind of books, movies, and music do you like? Are you going to school? Knowing who you are talking to often helps open up a conversation. Smile

I like psychological thrillers both in books and movies. I am going back to school to study forensic psychology next month. I also enjoy fantasy novels and a lot of historical fiction. I like most movies except monster movies and slashers rarely hold my interest. I was a music major before I took some time off from school. I love to sing jazz and have decided opera is a lot of fun to sing as well but I'll sing just about anything in my range given the opportunity. I also play piano but strangely am more shy playing piano in front of people.

I hope that opens things up a bit and allows for future discussion. There are many other topics we could discuss as well. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:57 pm Reply with quote        
I love romance, sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, and basically anything that doesn't make sense or is magical. This is for both books and movies although I am much more of a book person than a movie person.

However, unlike you, I do like the horror movies, like monster and slasher movies. They are my favorite. ^_^ Not many people like them however. It's funny, usually I just find them vaguely exciting and occassionally funny while most people get scared to pieces.

I'm in school...high school that is. This year, I will be a sophomore. I love music as well. In fact, just today I learned how to near-perfectly play the chorus of Can You Feel The Love Tonight? on the piano. I've been playing piano for about three years but with no serious training. I've had the occassional lesson from my singing teacher and a few small tidbits of help from my father, but other than that, it was all just playing around.

I like jazz and opera as well, but I'm mostly into punk, heavy metal, and classical. Odd mix, I know.

As for another type of type, do you like to cook at all? Or bake? I love to bake.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 pm Reply with quote        
Hi there, Emma. I don't have much time to chat around Mido these days, but I'd be happy to chat with you every now and then.

I'm Cara, but you can call me Chu if you'd like. I'm a senior in high school and my interests are primarily in languages and psychology. I'm currently studying Japanese, hoping to become a Japanese teacher in America and possibly an English teacher in Japan. I love writing, but I can't stand fluffy romance - I used to love it before I honed my rhetoric skills though. Now, I'm mostly interested in the psychological and emotional aspects of writing; I like evoking strange thoughts and feelings out of my readers. The most rewarding response to my writing would probably be silence because it tells me that they're really thinking about what they just read.

I have a strange philosophy on life and progressiveness (they're one in the same to me) and currently have no religion. I'm not very interested in music, though I do enjoy classical, opera, alternative, and techno from time to time. I guess you could say I'm an abstract person. I actually tend to be pretty boring when I'm not busy though. ^^;

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quote        
Hello, there, Cara/Chu.

Oh, I love Japanese. I find it can be a wonderful beautiful language. I'm sure you'll make a great teacher.

I usually only read romance novels, and I'm going to be a bit crude, mostly just for the sex. You know, those kind of romance novels that most people call smut. I don't believe in love.

I love your views on writing. At least, on the reader's opinion on your writing. I never thought about that, that silence could be a good thing. It's an interesting and, I now see, true concept.

I am not very religious, but the religion I do have is that I believe in the Greek gods and goddesses. It's not that I think the stories are realistic, however. It's that the Greek gods and goddesses are just SO much more interesting to me than the Christian/Catholic God.

Music is basically my life. Look at your right arm. Can you picture your body without it? That's what music is to me. It is a part of me as much as my right arm. Or my left, for that matter.

I'm sure you are very interesting. I enjoy speaking with you very much.

Seriously,

Emma Picket
Ailyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:12 am Reply with quote        
Nonsensical and magical is fun. Smile Books are wonderful things! I used to wake up in the morning and start reading...in the summer my mom would have to come to my room and remind me to eat breakfast. :-P

I watched Event Horizon with a bunch of people once and the guy next to me was really disappointed that I didn't shriek and cling to him like the other girls were doing...most horror movies bore me. The ones I do like are the ones that make me think or make me laugh generally. There are some really good ones. Smile

That's cool that you're self-taught. My grandfather could pick up nearly any instrument and figure out how to play it fairly decently. I think it's awesome that you love music that much. I feel like music helps me express things that I can't any other way...like it comes from a place in my soul that only knows how to express itself through music. It's just a part of me that is deep inside and cannot always be seen outwardly.

I like some punk. I'll listen to pretty much anything honestly I just don't like every song in any genre. Smile I have rather eclectic tastes as well, it's good to like variety I think.

I've rather taken to cooking Thai food lately. I like cooking and baking mostly to see the reactions of people who eat it. I love when people really like what I make but cooking for myself is a pain. :-P I make a darn good chocolate ice-cream cake. Smile Chocolate cake, ice-cream, chocolate cake, and then chocolate rum frosting with a cream cheese base...it's fabulous. Thai bbq with sticky rice, Thai ice tea, and coconut rice with mango for dessert? Awesome! Cooking is a lot of fun when it's to see the smiles on peoples faces and the mmm's and whatnot...gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. =^.^=

Since summer is wrapping up, what are your favorite summer activities?

Hello psychological Chu of the abstractness! Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote        
I honestly wish that I adored something enough to consider it crucial to my life. XD That's the main reason that I say I'm boring - I mainly live to help others and to share my thoughts. Most people have something or another interesting going for them; I'm a supporting role, if you will. It's fun though. ^^ I like working from the background and simply observing the results of my actions, knowing that no one knows the person behind them. Kinda weird to say now that I think about it though...

Aah, baking is fun. My mom won't let me experiment with anything though, so I have to have a really good excuse to make something interesting. XD

@Ailyn: Haha, hello! Interesting nickname you gave me.

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote        
Ailyn wrote:
Nonsensical and magical is fun. Smile Books are wonderful things! I used to wake up in the morning and start reading...in the summer my mom would have to come to my room and remind me to eat breakfast. :-P

I watched Event Horizon with a bunch of people once and the guy next to me was really disappointed that I didn't shriek and cling to him like the other girls were doing...most horror movies bore me. The ones I do like are the ones that make me think or make me laugh generally. There are some really good ones. Smile

That's cool that you're self-taught. My grandfather could pick up nearly any instrument and figure out how to play it fairly decently. I think it's awesome that you love music that much. I feel like music helps me express things that I can't any other way...like it comes from a place in my soul that only knows how to express itself through music. It's just a part of me that is deep inside and cannot always be seen outwardly.

I like some punk. I'll listen to pretty much anything honestly I just don't like every song in any genre. Smile I have rather eclectic tastes as well, it's good to like variety I think.

I've rather taken to cooking Thai food lately. I like cooking and baking mostly to see the reactions of people who eat it. I love when people really like what I make but cooking for myself is a pain. :-P I make a darn good chocolate ice-cream cake. Smile Chocolate cake, ice-cream, chocolate cake, and then chocolate rum frosting with a cream cheese base...it's fabulous. Thai bbq with sticky rice, Thai ice tea, and coconut rice with mango for dessert? Awesome! Cooking is a lot of fun when it's to see the smiles on peoples faces and the mmm's and whatnot...gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. =^.^=

Since summer is wrapping up, what are your favorite summer activities?

Hello psychological Chu of the abstractness! Happy

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. Any time I can get reading in, I do. Even when I am soooo tired, I have to read a chapter or two before bed.

So true. I hate when guys pick scary movies because one: it gives them the excuse to hug you when you are "scared" and two: they think it makes them look macho. I love it when the guy winds up being the scared one.

Oh my god, I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. Reading and writing is my main thing, but sometimes, when I am just so sad or so angry or I just feel so horrible, or even extremely happy, I just HAVE to turn on my piano and make up a song. Music, especially piano music, to me, is just so emotional that sometimes you can express even the smallest of things or the biggest of things through just a simple chord. (I'm droning. >.<I>.> Um...lol.

Well, I never really have many summer activites but THIS summer has been CRAZY! I went to a summer drama program for a month (July-August) for Wizard of Oz and so much drama (like, the bad kind) happened that it was just ridiculous. And then a week or two later, I went to a beach house for a week with my best friend and her parents. THAT was really fun. I just got back from that last Saturday and then today Lex and I (my best friend) went to the beach again for the day and built this HUGE amazing dragon in the sand. Tomorrow Lexy is coming over to sleep over while her parents go to a wedding and then on Tuesday (maybe Wednesday, I'm not entirely sure) I leave for Florida for a week and I get to miss the first day of school. (Whew...>.< I'm tired just thinking about all the stuff I've done.)

I guess I've answered everything...and more!
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
I honestly wish that I adored something enough to consider it crucial to my life. XD That's the main reason that I say I'm boring - I mainly live to help others and to share my thoughts. Most people have something or another interesting going for them; I'm a supporting role, if you will. It's fun though. ^^ I like working from the background and simply observing the results of my actions, knowing that no one knows the person behind them. Kinda weird to say now that I think about it though...

Aah, baking is fun. My mom won't let me experiment with anything though, so I have to have a really good excuse to make something interesting. XD

@Ailyn: Haha, hello! Interesting nickname you gave me.

Then you are far from boring. A selfless person, someone who can really devote their life to helping others, is the most exciting kind of all. Because it means you have a big heart and hey, who can say that they don't like big things? I mean...everything is better bigger, right? Big food, big streets, big buildings, big drinks (we all would get larges at EVERY restaurant if we could and you know it), big pe-uhm...Ahem. Nevermind that last one. =^.^=

Yea, I don't usually experiment. I love to make cookies especially. Brownies are fun to eat but not very fun to bake. I mean...mix, pour, pop it in, done. And then you can't even eat them immediately. Then they gotta COOL before you can even cut them. Cake is basically the same thing. But cookies...ahh, they are the true fun baking things. You have to mix it just right, shape the lumps of the cookies or lay out the dough and cut out the shapes, place them exactly the same length apart on the cookie sheet so they don't run into each other. And the good thing about cookies is you can pull 'em outta the oven, put them on a paper towel or cooling rack for maybe two minutes and eat them! And if there is chocolate in it...@_@ You have struck OIL in the land of cookies, because a just-out-of-the-oven chocolate cookie is HEAVEN. (And again, I'm droning. I'm sorry. When I'm passionate about something, I get excited and I babble...like now. Again. Ugh. >.<)

And again, that's all folks! A-dee-ba-dee-ba-dee!
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quote        
I forgot alllllllll about this.