Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
mdom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
That like something different.
Serious, I can't stand fantasy and sci-fi RPs and vampires and elves and magical beings. I want humanity. I want fun plots. And, above all things, I want sentences with commas.
So, who's up to something new?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I'm up for something new. So what is it that you have in mind? Put together a bit of information, so that we all have a better idea of what we're throwing ourselves into.
mdom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not really sure... I just wanted something with more depth in the plot but without adding dictatorships or magical beings.
I am better with parodies, but I can do other things.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote        
Well I'm sure you'll think of something. It is hard to just start roleplaying without knowing basic things such as the setting. At least you've decided what you don't want it to be.

I've never roleplayed a parody before. To be truthful, my most advanced / successful is Atraea's Magical Girl RP which I'm currently partaking in.
mdom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quote        
I am not an experient roleplayer, actually.
I used to role play with dice, then I moved out and couldn't find another group.
I can maybe say I also don't want mobsters and highly powerful organizations xD just real life stuff, but funny or philosophical.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote        
Well I've never done that before either. It may be fun, but it's gonna be a bit awkward at first. And I agree with you about the mobsters and stuff. So basically everyday activities with a bit of spice?

Also the dice roleplaying sounds fun, I'm interested in what you used to do.
mdom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote        
Story telling(Vampire, Werewolf, Mage), D&D, Shadowrun and Gurps.
I also did some Live Action.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:19 pm Reply with quote        
Cool, never done live action or anything like D&D to be completely honest. I should at least try it out once. The most I've done is thread / PM RPs.

Well it's getting late here, so I'm off to bed. I'll give some thought about this RP tomorrow (later today, it's 2:15 am here.)
mdom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:44 pm Reply with quote        
It's very different to talk and to type your actions xD and also to get immediate replies instead of waitind days xD
But I think depending on dice to see if you succeeded or not is the most exciting feature xD
Goodnight! I'll try to add more details too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote        
Have you managed to come up with something? I can't wait to read whatever you've got planned! Unfortunately I can't think of anything right now, once you've put up a bit more details I could probably work with them.

Also maybe you could make it so that the characters always have / need to make regular decisions that are decided by dice rolling. That could be really interesting! Although I have no idea how to implement it or how it would work with the plot. Still it's worth a try! I don't think that anyone else here has done a dice dependent roleplay (in the sense that all their actions / choices are decided by dice rolls). Maybe to add an extra twist we should all make our characters by rolling dice and picking details based upon the outcome (like gender, background story, job etc).
mdom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote        
Hehe, that's a good idea!
Once I used a dice do choose a name, but it ended up being a very random one xD
Here it is a good website for it: http://rpgp.org/dice/
Maybe a D100 for age(excluding kids and babies), and some other characteristics with a D20.
Code:
Name: (up to player)
Age D100
Basic characteristics:roll d20, 1 to lowest and 20 to highest
-Intelligence
-Beauty
-Sensibility
-Strength
-Dexterity
extra features: d6 - 1 to 6 extra characteristics as hobbies/talents

And since I want to be real life based, I think dice decisions are a good fit, because we cannot control how life is, mostly.
Now onto the basic plot(finally xD)
I just read Liar Game, and I'm so influenced by it *-* Don't know if I'll have the wits to do a game like that, though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
Glad you liked my idea! And I never thought it like in that way, I just thought it would be a somewhat interesting way to choose things. I don't think I'm familiar with the Liar Game but I'll look it up as soon as I can. Also good luck with working on a plot!