Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Advanced Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:42 pm Reply with quote        
Viola did her best not to laugh as she listened to the sene argue with her Vilo companion. Hers were generally silent, giving her small hints and only talking when absolutely nescessary. Her cameo was quiet at the moment, most likely because she was on the right path.

This "Cyrel" person sounded interesting. A really active type. Nothing like Viola at all. But Jade sounded pretty suited to her. She had barely met her and Jade already seemed like an Action Girl type. Most likely made the Vilos proud as a Pari. She looked over at her and smiled. "I'd be more than happy to help you teach her. I'm pretty good with general techniques"

Viola listened to Jade as she put the kettle to boil. "I didn't have a Sene either." She gave a sad smile. "That's what you get for being one of the first, I guess." Then again, Jade and Viola had different backgrounds.

The Misus preferred not to use Sene, even now. Learning on your own built a kind of backbone. Plus- who would want to teach when your student would most likely end up backstabbing you once they got strong enough? It wasn't worth being a Misus sene.

She sometimes wondered what would've happened to her if she had killed that other magical girl and stayed with them. Where she would be at this moment. She would've never met her friends, obviously, and she had a hard time now imagining what that would be like now. To think- she used to think she would never have friends worth keeping.

Atraea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:15 pm Reply with quote        
Jade blinked in surprise to find that Viola had no Sene either. While it was mostly Misus territory, Ironbridge did have the occasional Vilos contact, and they almost always had a Sene...especially if they were from Ironbridge. As a matter of fact the more she thought about it, it made even more sense that she wouldn't introduce herself to anyone else, should she come across any Misus affiliated Pari's on campus. And there were quite a few; the sororities, fraternities, and business college were rife with them.

She thought to ask, but mentally waved it away. I'm sure she's got her reasons...whatever they might be.

"You were one of the first huh? I grew up out in Lyndmill. I was the only Magical girl for that town and surrounding counties. They kept me real busy. Missed homecoming my freshman and sophomore year, prom, and graduation. Though I didn't have a date for any of those and I didn't really wanna go to graduation anyway."

We thought Ivan was going to take you to prom? That was a hot bit of gossip when the long jumper on your Track and Field Team found out. She told the rest of the team in the locker room, who in turn must have told a dozen other people each. A grad student-teacher, taking a high school senior...

"For christ' sake Epol, I was EIGHTEEN, he wasn't breaking any-" Jade stopped abruptly. She looked out of the corner of her eye at Viola, an irritated look on her face, accompanied with a smirk. "If I start randomly talking or yelling into the air, that's me yelling at Epol. He's the snitch the Vilos gave me. He's only supposed to send messages, but he has a tendency to talk out of turn..."

We just tell it the way we perceive it to be.

"...Frequently. Does yours ever do that? Or is that just mine?"

She shrugged. "Ah well. Let's call this girl up." Jade whipped out her cell phone and dialed Cyrel's number.

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote        
Cyrel herd the phone ring and ducked out of the way of her grandfather’s punch. Going into a roll and coming back up the phone in her hand. She didn’t recognize the number so she figured that it had to be her Sene. “Hello this is Cyrel.” She said into the phone waiting for the response. Her grandfather of course wasn’t going to make this an easy phone conversation since he made her return to the mat to continue even with the phone in her hand. “Gramps seriously?” She said not shielding the phone at all.

“Training is important you know that even when you’re on the phone.” He said a smirk on his face at his granddaughter’s irritated look. “This is important though can’t we take a five minute break?” She said her face pleading she knew the answer though as she blocked the kick and started going through her movements again. Phone still in her hand. "I hope your still there." She said as an afterthought.

Atraea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote        
"Uh....yyyeah." Jade mouthed to Viola, "I don't even know WHAT the hell she's doing," and then when back to the phone.

"Uhm, I'm Jade Jonquil, and I'ma be your Sene from today forward. It sounds like you're a bit busy, so I'll try and make this as quick as I can. We need to get a schedule set up, and a place to meet. Preferably someplace private. My apartment has a courtyard that's usually pretty empty most of the time, but at certain times there are a lot of passersby, and we don't want an audience. This training will require a lot of patience and concentration." There was a pause, as she thought about what to say next. "
Uh...I have class Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8 in the morning until about 1 in the afternoon, and I do my homework and such after that. I'm pretty much free after 4 though. To start out, we'll train everyday, then lessen the days as you get used to it. The first few days will be mostly discussions and evaluations of your skills and powers now, some history and...uhm. Other...stuff." Jade mouthed to Viola again, "Did I miss anything?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote        
Viola shook her head. "If you missed anything, you can tell her when she arrives for the first training session." Truth be told, she had no clue how mentoring worked. She had never been through or had to do it. Well, there was always room for new experiences.

Her thoughts were broken by the shrill whistle of the tea kettle. Running over, she turned the heat down and removed the pot from the hot burner. She then went and grabbed some styrofoam cups. They were bad for the environment and all, but she hated doing dishes. She gingerly picked up the pot and poured steaming hot water into the cups.

Opening a cabinet above the stove, she pulled down a large metal box. Inside it, there was a variety of tea, each different flavor in its own seperate bag. This was to keep the flavors from mixing too much. She pulled out a bag of chamomile and placed it in the water, which quickly started to turn a pale yellow color. She also pulled down a container of sugar and a little honey bear and put them on the table next to the box of teas.

"When you're done on the phone, the tea is ready."

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote        
Cyrel listened as Jade spoke; she noticed that her Sene didn’t sound too sure of herself. ”Maybe it’s just because I am a new student or something.” She thought listening to everything blocking a punch and another kick in quick succession. She was focused on the conversation just as much as she was on training with her grandfather. “I am free tomorrow evening after 4:30 if that’s a good enough time” Cyrel said able to get her leg behind her grandfathers and trip him up. Of course she didn’t knock him down like she had intended and he came back at her in full stride.

“I don’t know of any actual private places to train though, except for an old warehouse my father owns he never uses it anymore so I am sure he wouldn’t care what happened there.” She said thinking about it, her dad used to house certain projects in it but now it was basically abandoned. He kept it for some reason she was never sure why but it was the only place she knew of that would be private that no one would really bother them. All she had to do was get the keys from her father; he was in town today so she would have to be quick about getting it from him since he left again that evening.

Atraea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quote        
Jade nodded and went back to the phone. "Yeah that should work fine then. We won't need that tomorrow, so just come by my apartment tomorrow at 4:30. I think the Vilos gave you instructions. Uhm, the number I'm calling from is my cell, and it's the best number to reach me at. If your guardian needs a copy of my phone number or address for emergencies, I can give it to him."

Jade paused again, thinking and making absolutely sure she didn't forget anything. She heard the uncertainty in the young girl's voice, probably a reaction to her own. Jade wondered whether or not she should tell the girl the extent of her experience with training Pari's, and came to the conclusion that it was only fair. As a mentor Sene, her student had to trust her. If her Pari couldn't do that, the training would be essentially useless. It was best to be up front and open about the situation.

"So, look. Uh. If you're like, nervous or anything, that's perfectly fine. You'll be my first student, so this will be a learning experience for both of us. There'll be another Sene, Viola, to help me out for the first few sessions, just until we get past preliminary stuff and get into the groove of the training." Jade's eyes squinted slightly as she strained to hear muffled hits, rhythmic and in steady succession, coming from the other end of the line.

"Uh...if you don't mind my asking, what're you doing, exactly?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quote        
"Training." She said dodging yet another hit from her grandfather. "My gramps believes training is very important even if there's a serious phone call involved." She said finally landing the trip move she had been going for the entire phone call toppling her grandfather over onto his back.

He stood back up and bowed signifying that training was over for now. "Sorry if it was annoying in anyway." Cyrel apologized realizing that most people always found it odd that she would train while on the phone. "So tomorrow at 4:30. I'll be there." She said making sure to find the room her father was in so she could catch him and speak with him about the warehouse. "I am pretty sure the Vilos gave me directions on how to get there." She said as an afterthought.

Atraea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote        
"All right, sounds good. I'll see you tomorrow then." Jade hung up.

There now. That was not as bad as you previously thought now was it?

Jade poked her lip out, making a pouty "hmph" noise.

We thought so.

She made something of a growling sound and covered the pendant with her hand as if to silence it.

Oh, our little Jade is growing so! Why, we remember when you were just a moody pre-pubescent, poking and brooding about, alone in the forest...

"...Shut up," Jade muttered.

And then your first day of high school! The day you met Mr. Ivan! Oh such a wonderful man, helping you out here and there, tutuoring at school, then senior year when you developed, and he became enamored with...

"SHUT! UP!" Jade squeezed the pendant, as if to try and crush it in her hands, despite the fact that it was impossible. The drop still glowed, but went silent. The next few minute were tense, during which Jade got up and got her tea, putting honey and sugar in it. She stood at the counter, eyes boring into the tea, suddenly filled with contempt for her omnipresent snitch, and an indescribable feeling of guilt. She picked up the styrofoam cup and went back to the futon, still staring at it.

"Yes, I am well aware you're still there. If you got something that's actually of fucking importance, say so, then get the hell out." Jade took a pensive sip of her tea.

...Tell Viola there is another Pari in the area. She attends the same school as yours. Her name is Aimee Cotton.

Jade took another sip of her tea, really wishing Viola had some Jack in the fridge. Her expression remain unchanged, as she glanced at Viola, unintentionally giving her a look that could cut glass. After about a minute, her eyes soon fell back onto her tea. When she spoke, her voice was dull and jagged. "You're an omnipresent collective. Tell her yourselves. She's right here, and she's got her trinket on, I'm pretty sure. I don't know many people who'd wear a cameo with a tank top."

...A-As you wish. *Ahem*

Jade hiked an eyebrow at what sounded like Epol clearing his throat. Her expression softened somewhat. A clearing of the throat usually signified uncertainty, or sickness, and she as pretty sure members of an omnipresent celestial faction didn't get sick. "...Hm?"

You ought to call him, you know. He misses you. You should really treat him better than you do, considering all he has done for you. The agency almost fired him after that prom fiasco.

...And we have discussed it, and we agree that we--ow! That...I have gone to far with the jests lately. I...*sigh* I apologize. And we have contacted Viola's messengers, tell her to expect contact in the next few minutes.

The drop's glow shut of abruptly.

Jade's eyes widened in surprise. She was speechless, reduced to mere stutters. A smile crept upon her face, and she burst out laughing. "Heh...he ha ha...hahahahahaaa! Aha hahaaaa! Oh my god...!" She nearly spilled her tea, and set it on the table. She stood up and headed for the door. "Hey, I gotta make a quick phone call. I'll be back inna few, okay?" She opened the door, and just as she was a foot out the door, she turned and smiled at Viola. "By the way, my snitch says to expect contact from yours inna few. There's another Pari in Heartsborough! She even goes to the same school as mine! Pretty sweet huh?" She grinned and shut the door. Out on the breezeway, she pulled out her phone, and scrolled through the contact list, until the number she needed was highlighted. She sighed wistfully at it, and felt a few butterflies. She smirked, and pressed the call button.

*ring ring ring*

"Hello?"

Jade found herself blushing a bit at the sound of his voice.

"...Hey. It's me."

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote        
Cyrel just nodded when the phone went silent. Her father was in he room like he normally was. She knew he was probably tired but he never seemed to mind when she would bother him. "Probably because he's always away on business." She thought she never really knew what her dad did at his company she just knew because of it he was away alot. "Hey daddy I need a favor" She said knocking on the door.

"What is it my dear?"
He said opening the door and hugging his daughter.

"That old warehouse you still have can I have the keys to it?" She asked using he best puppy eyed look

"Well as long as you aren't using it for anything wild like parties or anything alright." He said going over to his dresser and fishing around in it. "Here they are." He said tossing them to her.

"Thank you so much daddy and since when do I throw parties." She said laughing taking the keys and going back downstairs to put the phone away. She then went to her own room to look over the directions she had been given to Jade's apartment. "This is going to be so cool" She said reading over the information, she just hoped that Jade wouldn't assume she was a snob because of where she was going to school. Well won't find that out till tomorrow." She said heading to her bathroom to shower.

Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:32 pm Reply with quote        
Aimee was sitting behind the counter of her parents' flower shop. Although she would not normally be the one to greet clients and take care of the business, a large order had just arrived, and both of her parents needed to help unloading the truck and putting everything at his place. Fortunately, the flower shop was empty at this hour, which left her time to work on a math homework. Her mind, however, was not concentrated on the task at hand.

Earlier this evening, just after she came back from school, her parents asked her to go prep a few bouquets in the backstore. This was nothing new, as she did this kind of work pretty much every day. She started gathering everything she needed when she realized a cat was sitting in a corner of the room, staring at her. She jumped of surprise, but she guessed that one of the doors had been left open and that the animal entered the building searching for food, or something like that. When it started to talk, she doubted her guess was right.

After the initial shock, the cat presented itself as a messenger for the Vilos, the beings that had contacted her a few weeks before to announce her her powers and all the Magical Girl stuff. It said something about receiving news from her mentor soon, before disappearing. Aimee leaned against the nearby wall, trying to understand what had just happened.

A few weeks ago, she had left her home late in the evening to go fetch some milk at the small store nearby. Just after she returned to her home, a strange being appeared and told her about Magical Girls, special powers and saving the earth. Aimee wasn't really sure what was going on, and she thought she must have fallen asleep while working on her notes and she was dreaming all that. She had not gotten any news from the Vilos after that, and thus she pushed that strange dream away from her mind. Well, it wasn't a dream apparently, she thought.

Aimee shrugged and looked back at a nearby phone, wondering if someone was really going to call her. Bah, you can't wait on that too much, she thought while she restart working on her homework, trying to finish it for once. She was starting to wonder if the lack of sleep due to her over-intensive studies was starting to make her crazy...

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote        
Viola...

Viola's cameo was much too dark to glow, but it did feel warm against her skin. She smiled. "Well, you rarely come out to talk." she thought back. Unlike Jade, she was very good at masking the fact that she was talking to her Vilo. At the sudden dirty look from Jade, she looked away. "What was that about?"

Don't worry, that look wasn't for you. She doesn't get along with her guardian very well, and I hear she was never the best at hiding it. Jade's guardian wanted me to let you know that there is another Pari in the area. One Aimee Cotton. I have no idea as to where she exactly is or what she does, but the Vilos tell me that she is a match for you.

Viola was beaming. "...Really? That's wonderful news! When will I see her?"

I'm not sure... most likely some time in the near future. You might be able to ask Jade's Pari when she arrives for training. They do go to the same school, after all...

She nodded, feeling the prescence fade away for the moment. Viola couldn't believe it- a Pari of her own! She didn't think she would have one at times, because she had been a Sene for quite a while and was never contacted to train a Pari. Now she was, and she wasn't sure what to do. Well, first she'd have to meet the young woman.

She heard Jade give the same message that her guardian just gave her. "I heard. It's wonderful!" She was still grinning ear to ear, and she realized that she hadn't even touched her tea. She put a little bit of honey in it and took a sip. "The same school, huh? I wonder if they know each other?" She smiled dreamily, wondering exactly what this girl will be like.

Atraea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote        
"Jade? Is that you? Are you all right? How've you been? I haven't heard from you since the last time we met! It seems like it was so long ago...how could you not have called me, I've been worried sick!"

Jade felt a smile form on her face as she listened to the nervous and slightly shaky-voiced barrage of questions. Same old Ivan. "Agent Proctor, if you still have that same job you've always had, you know exactly how I've been doing. That's what surveillance is, or has that changed in the last two years without my noticing? I stopped paying attention to be honest."

"..."

"...What? Why so quiet? Aren't you happy to hear from me? Happy to hear my voice? Shower me with affection? What's wrong?" She was half mimicking him, but also serious. He had become very quiet, very quickly.

"I've been reassigned."

Jade was stunned. She caught hold of the rail to balance herself for a minute, taking it all in. "...I-I'm sorry, I don't think I caught that."

*sigh* "I've been reassigned, Jade. I'm in Heartsborough now. After you achieved Sene and went to college, your activity took a drop. You were moderately active your freshman year, but it got less and less every year. As of last year, you're not on surveillance. I still have your file in the event your case opens up again, but unless you know something I don't, it doesn't seem likely."

Heartsborough...wait a second. "Wait, you said you're in Heartsborough now? Doing what?"

"Same stuff as before. Teaching English, and looking for any Magical Girl activity. According to these reports there are two of them at this school I'm currently at. I'm at all girl school this time around. Private, college prep. Rich girls. Snooty. They're also a bit more...*ahem* forward, than girls at Lyndmill. I have to be extremely careful if I don't want to blow my cover or get fired. "

Jade's eye brightened at the mention of "all girl school," and she nearly yelled into the phone. "You're at Cecilia Blair! Oh my god, this is perfect! I can totally help you out! The two girls, what are their names?" Jade knew that all of this was top secret information, and that he could be fired for telling her. But considering their past history together and the fact that she may become apart of this investigation, she knew he'd tell her anyway.

"I shouldn't be telling you any of this, so don't tell ANYONE. Understand? Their names are Aimee Cotton and C-y-r-e-l, pronounced Sheryl. No last name on the second girl."

"OH MY GOOOOODDD! HAHAHA!" Jade jumped in the air and pranced about the breezeway, getting more than one
"Hey, shut the hell up, some people are trying to study/sleep/have sex in here!"
She slowed it down and went back to leaning on the breezeway. "Ivan, I know those girls! One of them, Cryel. She's my student! I'm gonna be training her on a regular basis! I can be your...I dunno, your informant or something!"

"...Really? Are you certain that they're the same girls?"

Jade then explained how the Vilos had contacted her about them, and the subsequent phone call. She also told him about the other Sene, who would be Aimee's Sene and mentor. She had not been this excited in awhile, and was stumbling over certain words and flat out forgetting others. Ivan responded with just as much fervor if not more, and set up a way for them to meet to discuss the case.

"Oh Jade this is wonderful! I now have easy and regular access, and an informant that I and my bosses are familiar with...as long as they don't know the uh...uhm."

Jade grinned. "Details?" she said with a flirtatious flair.

"Hey, hey, cut it out they could be listening you know?"

"Pfft, no they aren't. They don't even know you have this phone, that's what you have it for isn't it?" She could swear she heard Ivan smile over the phone.

"Shhh. Just in case. Heh...hm."

"What?"

"I miss you, you know that, don't you?

She chuckled lightly at the softening of his voice. She smiled. "I know you do."

"Heh. Good to know...well. I gotta get back to work. I'll call you when I'm ready for you to check in, all right? I love you. Be safe."

"...Yeah. You too." Jade hung up. She wasn't sure why, but she always cringed at that particular three word phrase. Hence the reason she never said it back. It helped that he always added "be safe" right after, because she could respond in kind. Of course she wanted him to be safe. She liked him. A lot. He was a great friend, offering all kinds of benefits. All kinds. Jade bit her lip and blushed, her thoughts beginning to wander...

Hey now, stop that. Do not let your mind sink into the gutter.

Her perverted thoughts began to show on her face, and before she knew it she was grinning and giggling like a horny school girl. She got herself together before she prepared to go back in, acknowledging Epol's comment with a phrase he had become all too familiar with: "Oh shut up and mind your own business," and walked back into Viola's apartment.

"Hey. Sorry about earlier. And if I was too loud out there. Any word from your snitch?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote        
Cyrel finished her shower and came out wrapping her long hair up in a towel she would let it dry and then put it back into the braid. She wished she could talk to someone about tomorrow but the only person that knew was her grandfather. She figured she had to tell him so he wouldn’t worry as to where she was running off to in the afternoons after her homework or sometimes before. She told him she would never know when she might be needed. He had finally agreed that after her Sene had been revealed that they would get her a cell phone so she could at least call and leave a message as to when she would be late.
“I wonder if I will make any friends that are magical girls while doing this.” She asked out loud to the air wishing she could call one of her friends from school. She had been advised not to talk to anyone about it anymore. She also had told all of her friends she couldn’t hang out anymore due to extensive training from her grandfather.

“You won’t have to worry about friends to much you will make more.” A voice said out of nowhere. “The new friends you will make will be magical girls and will be able to talk to you about everything that you want to talk about now.” The voice continued.

“What, who’s there? Show yourself.” Cyrel said jumping up off her bed looking around looking for the cat but not seeing one. She went into her defensive stance ready to fight whoever was speaking if she needed to.

“Calm down I’m not even there. I am Varia your Vilos correspondent I will talk to you from time to time to help you out. Most of the time we wait to assign ourselves to someone but I have taken an interest in you and think that you will do well. “She said hoping that it had calmed Cyrel down a bit.

“Oh I suppose that makes since no one told me about that though.” She said to Varia relaxing out of her stance and sitting back down on her bed. She wasn’t sure about someone talking in her head but it was nice to know that someone thought she would do well. “It’s kindave weird you talking in my head though. Isn’t there another way?” She asked Varia still unsure of how everything worked.

"Usually we talk through your transformation item but seeing as you don’t have one at the moment this is the only way for now.” Varia said if Cyrel could see her she would have seen she was smiling. Cyrel seemed less likely to stray from this path than most in her eyes. It was one of the reasons she had taken a liking to the girl she hadn’t shown interest in anyone as far as being the one to communicate with them for a long time. “That is all I have to say for now I will speak more to you latter but for now get some rest and be prepared for your day tomorrow.” She said letting her voice fade out of Cyrel’s head.

“Thank you Varia.” Cyrel said to the empty air it was nice to know she wouldn’t feel alone for long at least she hoped. Taking her Vilos advice she finished drying her hair and pulled it back into a ponytail so it wouldn’t get tangled in her sleep. “I just hope I can actually sleep.” She said as an afterthought laying down on her head down on her pillow.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote        
Viola nodded and smirked. "So... who was that you were on the phone with?" She had an ear-to-ear grin. She knew that training a Pari was much more important than something that might be juicy boy drama, but she couldn't help it. There would be time for talking about business later.

Viola had never had any success with a relationship. In high school, she was the class outcast and town weirdo because of her magical girl profession. There weren't as many evil girls as there were good, and they definately weren't the most popular. The guys in school were afraid that Viola would blast them to smithereens the moment they rejected her, so they mostly stayed far away from her. After a few years of being ignored, she generally shunned male company.

That attitude stayed with her through her time as a magical girl under the Vilos as well. Those past experiences generally shattered her confidence with the oppisite sex. She didn't even have male friends, let alone romantic interests.

That didn't mean she wasn't interested in other girl's romantic pursuits. All of her friends in her previous group had pretty steady boyfriends, and she didn't mind playing third, or fifth, or seventh, wheel to them as they dated. She would go and have fun on her own while the couples became a little more... well, lovey-dovey. She just figured that she was never really meant to have anybody.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 87, 88, 89  Next