Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:40 pm Reply with quote        
Alright. I'll just put it in and see what you guys think.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote        
Good good ^^
I'm too tired to do anything right now, so I'll go to bed and check everything later.

Don,t mess with the site while I'm not around, and good night all! Happy

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote        
Honestly I'd give a pretty loose definition to "crime" in this contest, so something immoral would count in my opinion.

DrunkenShark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:11 am Reply with quote        
oooh, cuberpunk one and the Gary/Mary Stu one both look so fun to make! I really have to find some more spare time to try something on the subjects Happy

Gunnar, RP character from the Tavern:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7963/dessingunnar.jpg

You think you can handle French ? Then come and take a look at my breathtaking action packed webseries at :
http://tricksters-webs.over-blog.com/
ecco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:53 am Reply with quote        
ive submitted an entry for the Stability daily drabble (tho ive never heard the word drabble before... oh well Hai )

I'd quite like to know what people think of it, if possible... im very unconfident with writing, since i dont do much of it anymore, but these super short ones seemed like they could be fun x3

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote        
Ecco wins that one by default.

I read it though, and I really like it. XD I don't know if it was intentional but the last sentence felt a bit like a punchline. It really went in a direction that I wasn't expecting, which is good. I hope to see more from you. ^^

Honestly, it really reminds me of how I am about Sam. He's a bit of a... free spirit. It worries the shit out of me because I'm a plan everything five years in advance type of person. DX He's the only wildcard in my life.

@Drunken: Well I hope that you make time for at least one contest. ;3 I can tell that I like your writing from the spring contest and roleplay.

ecco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 am Reply with quote        
i think it was a subconscious move, more than anything. i recently read through the entire archive of a webcomic called "A Softer World", if you've heard of it? I wont link, since alot of the comic strips are about adult themes (sex etc) but it's well worth a look. it has this sort of melancholic yet humorous outlook, and i think i might have picked up on that a bit XD it is more or less the way i look at life anyway, so i guess that's why.

i suppose other influences would be my personal life and the song "cath..." by Death Cab for Cutie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY1ahFCYT5k

i think its nice that your boyfriend is your wildcard ^^ <3

oh wow, i thought that one ended later today? o.o i must be getting confused cos of these timezones XD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote        
Ah, I'm the same way. >< Sometimes I hate it though because I begin to feel like my writing isn't my own, y'know? I'm anal about having a unique style and theme. I've never heard of that comic though, sorry. I don't read web-comics unless they're extremely short and recommended to me. XD *is lazy*

Ooh, I never heard of them before. ^^ I like that song though.

It's fine but we clash quite a bit. XDD But honestly, I'd still be depressed if it weren't for him. He's fun, considerate, and distant. I'm controlling, strict, and stubborn. It sounds like a terrible combination but we play off of each other's strengths and weaknesses well.

Nope. Daily drabbles end at noon my time. ^^;

ecco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:48 pm Reply with quote        
yea, i know watcha mean XD i feel like that about drawing alot, too. hmm the comic is interesting, cos its more about the writing than anything else. i cant really think of anything to compare it too - give it a look tho, as a writer you might find it interesting.

ahh, Death Cab for Cutie are one of the best bands i know of. I have never heard a bad song by them. you know how a lot of bands have great singles, but the rest of the tracks on their albums are just filler? not so with death cab, every track is amazing and they have some really amazing lyrics <3

ahh, thats great that you can be very different but suit eachother so well Smile i always think that too similar is a bad thing. it keeps things interesting if you have things you disagree on - tho of course, too much of that is also a bad thing XD depends how you both handle it in the end, i think.

ohhh at noon. that explains it XD could you tell me what time it was EST when i posted my entry? that way i can figure out what time they end each day for me XD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote        
I'll check it out when it get the chance then. ;D Right now I'm watching a three-hour conference on "learning in the digital age" haha. If things don't change soon, I think that I'm going to reform education. >;3 It seems like an empty threat but just you wait! I'm not gonna let my future kids become eggplants just because schools can't teach them properly.

I might listen to them more then. I'm TERRIBLE with music so I haven't heard much.

Yeah. The good thing about Sam and I is that even though we're both pretty stubborn, we're not afraid to admit we're wrong or compromise. It's just hard to get to that point sometimes. ;D Plus, we don't get caught up in that teenage drama bullshit. #1 killer of all relationships, I swear. Even in adults.

8:47am EST. :3

Aaaaw, damn the touching poetry that a guy just read in the conference. T~T I just teared up. BUT it has nothing to do with education. >_> Stop going for emotional appeal.

EDIT: Fuckin'-! I hate how these things always bring out the shameless pitches for companies. >_>

Sorry. I'll shut up now.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote        
I ENTERED SOMETHING!

A bit of background info: This is actually an abridged plot for a techno opera that my cousin and I were going to work on. We wanted to fit all of the songs from Eiffel 65's Europop album to a storyline. Songs that are evident in this mini-telling are:

Too Much of Heaven
My Console
Blue (Da Ba Dee)
Another Race

In the longer version, there was a romance subplot involving my main character and a female dealer, but I nixed that for this version. Hope you guys enjoy it!

ecco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:31 am Reply with quote        
ahh ok :3 im 5 hours ahead, so they'll finish at 5pm for me every day XD

yea, im not great with music either. i enjoy it, its just that my knowledge of bands/artists is much smaller than most people i know. i tend to just pick up on the best of what my friends know, and occassionally find something awesome by myself XD but Death Cab are definitely one of my favourite artists.

ehh, the education system here sucks too. i was one of the smartest kids in my school when i was little, i mean i was offered free tuition at a grammar school and stuff. but i went to a regular secondary school and it completely failed me. :/ i think i'll forever be angry about it, because that place is responsible in part for how ive turned out XD im not a bad person or anything, but i should have done a lot better if schools actually did their job properly. and i know im not the only one thats been failed here either.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote        
Busy today. D; I put today's word up though - I'll read everything later. Sorry!

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote        
Hehe...

out of boredom, I added links to the songs.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
@Keylaleigh: It was an interesting story! It makes me want to know about the full one. > 3>

I don't mind the handfull of extra words if Maeve doesn't.

@ecco: I don't enjoy it as much as other people do. XD Yeah, I'm that boring.

Oh yeah, schools are failing everyone here. The main problem is that they don't present children with the possibility of failure, which is totally counterproductive. They want to help self esteem or some shit but that leaves intelligent kids with no attention because teachers are so keen on making everyone feel equal, and the kids that should be failing feeling like they're doing nothing wrong at all. And then when most of them get an actual challenge they look at the teacher like Satan himself or something - it's terrible!

Not only that, but some schools in my area are wanting to get rid of competitive sports teams and competitive sports in gym classes because it apparently demotes self esteem. Bull shit! Without competition, no one would feel any drive to do anything. That's the very foundation of progress! People need to stop babying their kids and tell them to grow a pair or deal. :/ I mean, what do they expect kids to do in gym? Run in place? Or would that demote self esteem too because some kids don't have good endurance?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next