Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote        
I personally love the study of religions. :] It’s just interesting to me. I’m agnostic myself, and open-minded at that, so I love looking at the different views of other people. The most interesting religion to me is Daoism (also known as Taoism) because of not only the way they see and handle everyday life, but also because of the story of how the Tao Te Ching was written. :] The oddest, I’d have to say, is Jainism. I mean, the extremists sweep the floor wherever they walk so they don’t step on the “spirits” or bugs.

And by far the coolest name is Zoroastrianism. xP

So what’s the strangest/most interesting religion you’ve ever heard of? What religion(s) have you practiced? Am I terribly odd for finding them so interesting?

Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote        
I need to make my own religion >_>

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quote        
My friend did that once. .__. She thought that she was subconsciously god and thus controlled all actions of humans in the world.

>.>; And she says that she doesn't need psychiatry.

Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote        
So she thought she was god. . . But she thought that she controlled people subconsciously? So she couldn't do anything she wanted. . . even though in her mind she was god? O__O

Sounds completely sane to me. . . I mean we are all completely in control of everything. . . that we control >_>

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote        
She thought that her SUBCONSCIOUS was god. Thus, she was not, but her subconscious mind was.

Oh, trust me. There are many other aspects that lead me to believe that she needs psychiatry. Honesly I think that everyone needs it at some point.

Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote        
But to gain anything from a psychiatrist. . . you need to be accepting of the help that they offer.

Also couldn't everyone sub conscious be God? cause God created us in most any religion so there for could our subconscious thoughts and actions actually be God pulling those strings?

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote        
If you believe in God, that is. For atheists or some agnostics such as myself, that wouldn't make sense.

Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quote        
Well obviously I was talking about people who believe in God. . . cause if you didn't then you wouldn't think that God was your subconscious Silly!

Embrace the depression
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quote        
The belief in god goes to a lot of different levels.

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
I am agnostic myself, in the Greek term where they beleived it was impossible for us humans to understand divine entities so much grander then ourselves

so I acknowledge something made us, but I'm not going to follow a rule book to appease something I have no clue about

Oh and Taoism? that is fun to read. Though I didn't study much of it, I prefer mythology myself, like Greeks and Romans...

I try to accept what I can, except when people try to force it on me, then I narrow my scope a bit >.>

but yeah, religion is interesting, and there is a name for that religion your freind made

it has to do with wondering if humans exist, and that your the only one really existing and everyone else is an allusion, basically your god, but not.

As for weird? Ever hear of Pastafarian and the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Now THATS a crazy religion!

interesting though is discordianism. Its a good read if you ask me. Smile

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote        
I guess I'm so interested in Taoism because it really makes sense to me. I know it's because I have a natural intellect and catch on to things quickly, but I do just about nothing and things go easily for me. It's all in the spirit of "do nothing and achieve happiness" and such.

Even when people try to force their religions onto me I still openly accept them, but that doesn't mean that I'll put much thought into them.

Pastafarian? XD Wow, that's interesting. And I actually have heard of Discordianism and find it amazing. It really is an interesting religion.

Does anyone else think that this belongs in the Serious Topics? .__.

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quote        
Nah, you make it a serious topic and people will start being serious. Last we need is a flame war about religions @.@

trust me they happen

as for Pastafarian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quote        
Do you really think that would start on such a small site? xP

Alternative biological evolution? Wow! That would actually be pretty amazing to witness.

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:53 pm Reply with quote        
I know wouldn't it? Anyways I've got to go, just so you know

and YES, a debate can start ANYWHERE, even if this site is small =P

trust me on this one.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote        
You guys screw up my way of thinking sometimes... Not always a bad thing though...