Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum based event vs. BatSys based event. Discuss please?
Arikana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
      So, I'm just curious what you guys would think about what's better? Having a forum based event or a battle system based event?

Please post which you'd think would be better, and in your first post please include:
        a) your opinion of which is better.
        b) two pros of why your opinion is better.
        c) two cons of why the other option is not as great.
        d) one or two reasons why you chose your option.
        e) would you like to see forum based events, with some battle system contents, in the future?

And I'd like to see at least five or six words per point.

Please do NOT just post things such as this is better because it's easier or this is better cause you get more currency out of it. I will delete those post because they are just plain redundant. >_>

I want this to be light discussion for a reason, so my brain can be at ease and continue plotting for the future of Midorea. :3

Thanks,
      <><ariKana

Arikana

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote        
      H'okay.
      My opinion.
      And in a separate post so I don't get it cluttered up with the first post. :3

I'd actually prefer a forum based event because at the previous Halloween event, I saw less forum activity then I'd hoped for.

But rather because of the event was so battle system based, which exception to the the contest threads, I dunno....I just felt there could've been more forum activity present. :3

So I choose to side with having a forum based events, with some battle system related content, in the future because there'd be more forum activity which would help attract more people to Mido who are more interested in forum based activities (and I know a few to begin with on other sites). As well, that it'd be more interactive between the users of Midorea. :3

Two things that would make the battle system related events not as great would be the less interactivity between users. And also that, it could be easier for some to get all the event items quickly if their lucky and then they could just disappear again till the next event, whereas having a forum based event, with some battle system content, could change that since they'd have to work to earn ALL of the event items. :3

So I support having some forum based events on Midorea, in the future.
      How about you? :OO

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:52 pm Reply with quote        
A. They both have their good and bad points, so I support both, with a little more forum event.

B. Forum events promote activeness. They can also be fun in their own aspect because you can make a lot of conversation with people. By also having an aspect of battling you can appease everyone.

C. Forum events also promote a good amount of spamming, and they can get boring - especially if few people are on while you are.

D. Well, I like to battle, but (obviously) I also love chatting. To me forum event items are more easily obtained considering you could rant about absolutely nothing and obtain items. I'd like to hear a bit on what kind of forum events would be offered though.

E. Yes, I would. xP That's what I suggested.

LOL UR FACE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:08 am Reply with quote        
I pretty mcuh agree with everything that has already been said.

The battle based event was a lot of fun, but after two weeks straight of battling I definitely got a little burned out on it, as it is a tad repetitive.

Forums events could be difficult while the user base is still small, so having the battle element for people who are on during Midorea's slow hours would be a definite plus. I agree with Chu though on wanting hear to what kind of forum events would be offered. :3

BE MIZ. BE AWESOME.
sychobunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote        
a) I believe forum events are better.
b) It promotes a better community, and gets people to talk, when they might not encounter each other in the forums. I Don't roleplay, so during forum events, I get to meet people who mostly hide in RP threads. And as stated, it promotes a better community, because people are chatting, while battling is kind of independent.
c) Battling is a completely random drop based, so I can fight enough monsters to go up 4 levels, and not get an item (I killed a bunch of reapers, and never got a scythe). Also, having only one dropped a day was kind of not fun because it means you need to get on every day, and some events, I know I wouldn't be able to do that because of real life.
d) I believe I explained this already.
e) Yes, a battle system event and a forum event is a good plan, but I think the forum one should be emphasized.
f) suggestion on the forum event: many sites either do random drops when in the forums for items to redeem for other items, or add a currency that is received from posts in addition to the regular currency to buy from a special store to get items. I like both of these better than having to participate in a specific thread that might not be every one's taste. Some people like chatting conversations, some people like RP, some people like games. I don't RP- so I didn't get the RP item, and I can't get a seller yet, because I don't RP. I tried, but it is really not something I enjoy. I say, give people options, or make the item plentiful enough that if someone doesn't like doing one thing, they can get it through another means. The battle item drops mostly are buyable from people who got duplicates, because duplicates were available.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote        
For those who are confused about what a battle system event is, it's not like the last event(Halloween), it will be more like a quest. (the NPC quests before I had to take it down because of a glitch)
So you collect a certain amount of something and then go to talk with the NPC's and trade them in for an item, therefore you will be able to get days 1's item even on day 3.

a) I think battle system events are better, but I little bit of both for an event would be nice...
b) It's more original, and in my opinion funner too.
Though I think a mix of both would be nice. (like say have some items in the shops you get with special event currency, and items you win in the BS as well)
c) Not everyone is the social type, and since Mido isn't very active it takes forever to get enough to buy something by just posting..
d) I never liked forum events, every site does them and I could never get enough to buy all of the items. They are boring too.
e) Yes, but no. I'd prefer a battle system event with some forum events mixed in.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
sychobunny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote        
So like what the pumpkins were supposed to be? That would be cool....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote        
Yes. Happy
I had gotten someone to fix the quest system a while ago.. I need to ask them if they are done.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Angel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote        
  • Your opinion of which is better.
I think an eclectic mix of both is the way to go! Maybe at the event, you post and battle to earn a special currency that is used to buy the event items.

So you'd still be earning silver when you post, but you'd also be getting some special event currency for posting. Plus, battling gives you silver and the special currency, so it's win-win. :D

• Two pros of why your opinion is better.
A mix of both would appeal to every user. Some don't like the battle system, some can't live without it. Who are we to neglect either of these two group's desires?

Plus, it still caters to Midorea's best feature: the Battle System! I think we should be using that as much as possible, because no other avatar site out there has their own! (Yes, I know Gaia's is in the works, but it isn't done yet, is it? ;D)

• Two cons of why the other option is not as great.
A pure forum-based event would be nice, but it doesn't use Midorea's greatest feature. I think it is all too necessary to use the Battle System as much as we can. :D

Then, a pure Battle System-based event has two major flaws: Some people don't like using the battle system, plus the forums just die. >.>

• One or two reasons why you chose your option.
I think utilizing both of Midorea's greatest features would lead to a completely unrivaled event. One no other website could possibly match.

• Would you like to see forum based events, with some battle system contents, in the future?
Hecks yes, baby!

*tis' what his whole post was about*

XD

Naked for absolutely no reason.
Arikana

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote        
Angel wrote:

Then, a pure Battle System-based event has two major flaws: Some people don't like using the battle system, plus the forums just die. >.>

Yeah, this is the reason that people I know on other avatar sites join and don't come back. D:

Angel wrote:
  • One or two reasons why you chose your option.
I think utilizing both of Midorea's greatest features would lead to a completely unrivaled event. One no other website could possibly match.

• Would you like to see forum based events, with some battle system contents, in the future?
Hecks yes, baby!

*tis' what his whole post was about*

XD

Unrivaled event? At the moment, I still sorta liked Nox events moar. X3 Bouncy Heart But Mido's are awesome as well! <333

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Smite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quote        
Personally I prefer the battle system events. I HATE being forced to post in places I don't find interesting or don't feel I can fit myself into the conversation. ESPECIALLY when I am new. But that being said I honestly cant say one over the other. I think one without the other would be really blah. Perhaps if you want to encourage more interaction between members reserve the nicer/bigger items for the forum portions. Or make part of the battle quests require certain forum obligations.

Buying Gala of the Eloquial Dove Paying 5k silver or 40gold