Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Jen's Festival Hangout
Jennifer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote        
Really? That's awesome to have such a generous community. (:
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, I'm glad you think so. xP

So what's up?

Jennifer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:54 pm Reply with quote        
Watching some weird television show called "Yo Gabba Gabba" with my little sisters. Totally weird, haha. Other than that, mostly just reading some news on MSN and surfing my Facebook gaming account. I'm addicted to Treasure Isle. D;

How about you? (:
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:56 pm Reply with quote        
Oh my... I know what show you're talking about. XD It kind of scares me.

And I'm just chatting with some people and dazing out. xP I just got over being sick so I'm not fully here.

Jennifer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:00 pm Reply with quote        
Just a few weeks ago I saw an episode with Jack Black in it. It was truely weird! Laugh Kids shows these days... I guess they're a bit more educational than the ones I grew up watching. And I'm only twenty-one years old.

What kind of sickness? Head cold, stomach flu? If you're dazing out, perhaps you should get some rest. Looking at a screen while you're sick might not be so good. I haven't been feeling well myself. But I think it's just girl issues.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, I grew up in the nineties... Those cartoons were the worse by far, I think. *remembers Ren & Stimpy and Courage the Cowardly Dog*

It was stress-induced; happens pretty frequently, actually. I'd get off but I haven't been able to get online much lately so I want to be as social as possible for a while. Sweat

sonaxakai

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:13 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
It was stress-induced; happens pretty frequently, actually. I'd get off but I haven't been able to get online much lately so I want to be as social as possible for a while. Sweat
My mom got sick because of stress and my dad might have depression(really,I don't remember but he might)

current quest:each day's items of Lotus Fest
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
My mom has depression, but she refuses to do anything about it. :<

sonaxakai

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:
my dad did the same thing,my kitteh is with me(Nellie,you weirdo kitty)

current quest:each day's items of Lotus Fest
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:

It's because she's depressed..
No, I'm sorry that was mean.

But that is kinda the reason. I had depression a few years back and sometimes you just..want to sit there and be depressed. Its hard to get help.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
And those cartoons still play, haha. I liked them though, even if they are not as educational as the newer ones. Although there is one interesting cartoon I like today. Ni Hao Kai-Lan! My four year old sister knows more Chinese words than I do. Couple more years watching that show and she'll probably be fluent in the language! Laugh

You must have a lot going on then? Probably work or school or something, right? Stress is just not cool. I hate it.

Can your mother afford to see a therapist and/or take medications to help her? I suffered from depression for many many years. I couldn't afford treatment though, so I had to stick things out. It kind of sucked, because I didn't even have a support system, such as family to help me get through it. I mostly was on the pursuit of happiness by myself.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote        
@Branny: It's not mean; it's true. The only reason I'm so intolerant of it now is because she's been like this for years (literally) and hasn't done anything to help herself. The situation around her is getting better, but she's not taking it in, I guess.

But Kenny (my sister's dad) returned, so hopefully things will look up, because in a year I'll be gone and she'll need someone else.

@doe: Haha, I remember a friend of mine telling me about it. She was like, "I can say sock! And grandpa!" and so on.

Yeah; a combination of school and home stuff, but it'll be better soon. :3 The year ends in less than a month.

We can't afford anything, haha. She has our family though. We're a really close-knit family so she knows that we're here, but she's too prideful to let anyone know about what's going on. I'm the only one she tells, and I can't do anything because I'm seventeen; I don't have wisdom.

Jennifer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:36 pm Reply with quote        
It's pretty funny sometimes. I told my sister she should start calling our father "grandpa" in Chinese. He has no idea what it means, so it's pretty funny. Laugh I am so mean, haha!

Yay! School will be out for the Summer! I hope you enjoy it. Got anything fun planned? (:

That's great that she has a family that is close to her then. And while you're seventeen and shouldn't have to take on being a parent/advisor to her, I am sure she likes to just have someone to listen to. The sad part about being depressed is that while you may know there are people there, you get raunchy (silently) when they don't come when you want. I would expect people to ask me what's wrong, and they never would. Which is totally dumb of me. But just having someone to listen is nice. Sometimes just being there to hold your mothers hand will make her feel a little bit better. But I dunno, perhaps I am wrong. Every person is different.

Talking about all this reminds me of the movie I watched last night "Love Happens". It's such a sad movie, but it makes you feel better about life. I love movie that are like that.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, poor guy. xP

Nope; nothing other than possibly working. I like to spend my free time relaxing though.

Yeah, I know. Her boyfriend is slowly taking over the role as she realizes that I won't be around for long. I'll be trying to get into college before teaching in Japan, so she can't be too attached.

Ooh, I just hit a nerve. My boyfriend is thinking about joining the military. I don't mind the act of doing it but if he goes through with it the separation will be hell. We're pretty clingy.

ANYWAY, no more pity Chu time. D:< That's over. On the plus side, I'm getting grilled chicken and a broccoli and cheese casserole for dinner. XD

Jennifer

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:47 pm Reply with quote        
Relaxing is good. (:

If I had a boyfriend, I would kick his arse if he ever told me he is going to join the military. I support the system, but not if my significant other is going to be a part of it. ; O;

If you guys are really clingly, ...well, good luck! LOL

*drools* So, what time is dinner then? Laugh
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next