Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quote        
We have added a new rules that you guys should be aware of.

Quote:
Anyone caught abusing the battle system, or any system that grants silver will receive a temporary ADR ban and warning.
--This also applies to other non-silver granting systems such as the avatar system.

We do not take lightly to those who abuse our site for their own gain, and we will take away your silver and character stats if you are caught. Anyone caught before this rule was implemented will still be subject to it as well.

I'm saddened to see that it had to come to this, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
(also ADR ban is a ban from the battle system, as well as all of the features relating to it including your inventory.)
ecco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote        
my only question is how can this rule apply to things like the avatar system? im a little confused by that, but otherwise, im glad for this rule.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote        
If someone finds a glitch with the avatar system that lets them equip items they don't own(and they abuse it and do not let us know about it, of course), that would be considered abusing the system. Sweat

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
ecco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote        
ohhhh i see. so just abusing any glitches that work to your advantage, basically? that makes sense. thanks for explaining Cat ^^

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote        
I forgot to mention that we will be taking silver and character stats away from those caught abusing the battle system.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:59 pm Reply with quote        
What happened to bring this rule into effect? D:

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote        
A small glitched was discovered that let you battle allot more monsters in allot less time, which means you would get allot more silver and bonuses then if you'd have battled normally.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:47 pm Reply with quote        
I have a question:

During some events, we could find items randomly by clicking threads. I would click through threads with a bunch of pages like just about everyone else, but can't someone technically tape down the refresh button on a thread and come back later to find tons of those items? Would that be considered abusing the system too?

This is why I always suggest that we have clickable thumbs on pages randomly during event prep, by the way. It would be harder to abuse.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
those meanies! too lazy to get silver the right way!

@chu: *nods* that is a good idea
...I didn't know it was possible to do an automatic refresh thingy... *fails at computer-technology*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote        
Theres also an Add on the refreshes the page for you. You should have to click a claim Prize link or something.

Click here to feed me a !
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Overlord Branny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:47 pm Reply with quote        
We'll if they are actually sitting there refreshing for item pop ups then yes, I'd say that is very abusive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:39 am Reply with quote        
I don't know for other browser, but Firefox has a plug-in that can open multiple links in one click (and close them with one click too, so you can jsut open massive amount of thread, then close them all, then reopen them, etc.). I used it on Squiby to level up all my critters at the same time, but I guess it would be possible to get more random drops that way too.

So Yay! for random clickable thumbs ^^