Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote        
The other day, about two in the morning(Look up sleep delay phase disorder), I was just sitting there and thinking(as I usually do) and I started having rational thoughts that just weren't my own, 'cause we all know how we think. Fortunately, I really needed it, 'cause I needed another view of the situation. I just seemed so outta tune of me. My cares, friends, thoughts were all changed. Anyone know what was up?

UPDATE: I had it happen again. Felt like I absolutely dreaded culinary arts, which I am majoring in. I have been thinking about going into another field but my feelings aren't as strong as they were then.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote        
Maybe you're beginning to see things more clearly. I know what you mean but I don't have a word for it; it's like you're seeing through someone else's eyes. I experience this every time I make a decision or think hard about something. It just really helps me make good decisions.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quote        
No, that's not really what I'm saying. Well it is sort of. But more extreme.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quote        
So you're saying that it's... how to put this... Absolutely not like you, at all? You could never imagine yourself thinking/speaking that way?

An example would help. :3

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quote        
Well, for some reason, I was thinking to myself hat culinary arts doesn't really matter and maybe I should go into something else, like salesmanship.
I love culinary arts, it's about all I know, do, and live. I literally eat, breath, and sleep it.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:23 am Reply with quote        
Oh, well I see where you're going with this. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

But regardless of age, it seems that you're afraid of what the future will bring and doubt how well you will do in your future area of work/study. If you're dedicated though, you have nothing to worry about. ^^

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:37 am Reply with quote        
O_O Wow, you just, like, nailed it. Though the strange thing is that I wasn't thinking like that before the strange thoughts. They are what started it.
I'm 18, but age doesn't matter(which is why I have no problem telling you).
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote        
I have a talent for that type of thing. ^^; And your age does make sense considering your situation.

Sometimes you don't even realize the doubts that you have until it's too late or until they're already almost gone. It could be that you had them this whole time, and are only just now realizing it. How long have you been practicing culinary arts?

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote        
Umm.. practicing since... about 5 years ago, but had interest for awhile. Started studying this summer...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I see. I don't think that you have anything to worry about. ^^ If you have dedication for something you can always get somwhere with it.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quote        
That's what I'm worried about.
Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote        
I have exactly the same problem, with creative writing...
Hiroku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:09 pm Reply with quote        
Some people believe in spirits or ghosts. . . that can communicate to some people who are more in tune. . . and maybe they were nudging you in a different direction of thought.

Or maybe you just had an Epiphany? Like something just clicked in your head and made things that normally would not come to your mind seem so clear and obvious.

Or multiple personality disorder? I honestly know two people with this and both of them have sleeping disorders. . . . are you under a lot of stress? Something that would force your mind to shelter or hide some thoughts and ideas that could at some point manifest into something else?

Keep in mind I am me and just throughout random stuff out.

Embrace the depression
Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:27 pm Reply with quote        
I think sometimes when you think a lot about something, if you're under stress, you might find your mind coming up with things you weren't aware of... your unconscious mind is still working, and it tends to come out when you're especially underslept. I don't know anything about psychology; that just makes sense and it's some personal experience.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:15 pm Reply with quote        
Hiroku wrote:
Some people believe in spirits or ghosts. . . that can communicate to some people who are more in tune. . . and maybe they were nudging you in a different direction of thought.

Or maybe you just had an Epiphany? Like something just clicked in your head and made things that normally would not come to your mind seem so clear and obvious.

Or multiple personality disorder? I honestly know two people with this and both of them have sleeping disorders. . . . are you under a lot of stress? Something that would force your mind to shelter or hide some thoughts and ideas that could at some point manifest into something else?

Keep in mind I am me and just throughout random stuff out.
1 and 2 might be right, but 3 is incorrect. I have friends that do. I would know. Sleep disorder, perhaps...