Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote        
Amalia smiled. 'Yes, it is very effective. I'm Amalia by the way. And this is Chiru.' She stroked her fox fondly. 'I was walking along the road from the Lebel territory that takes you to the Zuntai, and I was on my third day along, when a young foxling, who had somehow managed to get himself lost, appeared. He got frightened of me and tried to run away but he had a bone broken and bleeding from a snake bite. I don't know how he got away from the snake. So I took him into my care and nursed him. Luckily I could figure out what snake it was and how to get rid of its poison. Ever since then he's been with me.'

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:00 pm Reply with quote        
"Amalia...and Chiru. All right. I'll remember that." Sirrane glance down at the fox, and smiled. "The company must be nice." She wagged a finger teasingly at it, "And I bet you make more of an effort to stay out of trouble, don't ya?" She chuckled, and went back to finishing her food.

She finished the last bit of soup, using her bread to soak up the remaining broth. "*sigh* That hit the spot...I guess you never realize just how hungry you are when you're sick, heh." She set what she hoped was a sufficient amount of coins on the counter. "So," she began, never one to like silence, "can either of you tell me about this city? What's it like?"

((buh, could've been longer but I'm sleepy -_-))

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 am Reply with quote        
Wachiru listened to the women conversation, cleaning yet another mug, the last of them for now. With a shrugged, he pushed the mug with the others on the side of the bar.

"The Great gated City is the center of the world! Well, of Midorea at least. It's nice and warm all year's long, and can be quite busy during festivals and celebrations. Although, things are pretty calm right now. The Lotus Festival is over, and I don't think anything special is planned for the near future either. Well, I've heard some rumors about a big weddings, but nothing really clear." Wachiru paused as he tried to remember what some customers had said about the wedding among the dragon tribes. His memory decided it didn't want to cooperated. With a shrug, the man returned to his conversation.

"There's still plenty of things to do, but you might need to look for it a bit more. I'm pretty sure Iregi could find you some quests to do, if it's what you're looking for. And he probably know any place in this city better than anyone." Even the ones he's not supposed to know, Wachiru added mentally.

Atraea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote        
Sirrane listened intently.

City's warm. That's good. Hate the cold...weddings? Are weddings a community thing about here?

Quests...well...no, you're adventuring days are over Sirrane. That and it's not like you could go alone, not without that behemoth of a priest or the...

Sirrane squeezed her eyes shut for a minute, then relaxed them.

Augh, stoppit. Stop thinking so hard. Get over it. Move on. That's why you left in the first place, so let's get to it. Work. Ask about work.

She opened her eyes, and leaned forward slightly. "Actually, I was looking for a job if possible. Does that board have job listings as well?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote        
Wachiru stretched his neck to try to look at the board. He didn't knew all the ads that were on it, since his brother was the one in charge of that part. However, except from the large ad he had placed there to get some new employees for the inn, he couldn't see anything that looked like a job request.

"Well, except for the jobs at the inn, I don't think so," he answered to Sirrane's question. He wasn't sure how much the other would like working at the Crested Griffin, but she would surely be a helpful hand if she decided to stay.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quote        
Amalia looked over to the board too and narrowed her eyes. 'No... It can't be..' she muttered, spotting a certain 'Wanted' leaflet. 'No.' She jumped up and stormed out of the inn, Chiru in her wake.
She ran across the streets and back to the entrance of the city where she first appeared. She ran out into the forest. She tapped the trunks of the trees as she passed through the forest. 'He's got to be here, somewhere...' She tapped another one and froze. Yes, it had magic traces on it. She looked up. 'I know you're here,' she said.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote        
Sirrane wasn't even halfway through the word "what" before Amalia got up and abruptly stormed out, sending poor Chiru tumbling from her lap.

"Whoa...!" Sirrane reacted quickly and caught the fox under its front legs and then setting him on the ground. "There we are." She looked up from the fox slowly, her gaze falling upon the door to the inn, which was now slightly ajar. "Huh..." Sirrane went back to the bartender, her face still showing a mixed look of confusion and mild concern, her head still turned to the door. "What was all that about..." she said it aloud, though mostly to herself. She shrugged and faced the bartender once again.

"Uhm. What were we even...oh, you mentioned you had jobs available here? What are you looking for exactly, if you don't mind my asking?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:11 pm Reply with quote        
Wachiru was surprised by Amalia's reaction, but he didn't have the time to say or do anything before she exited the inn. He shrugged and looked at the board, wondering what had made her react that way. She had seemed shocked by one of the ads, though the man could not tell which paper had caused her reaction.

He turned his attention on Sirrane as she asked him questions about the work. "Oh, uh, yeah," he said, trying to remember what they were talking about. "Yes, I'd need a few people to help. Mostly the usual things: cleaning, cooking, taking orders, greeting people at night and the like." He paused and tried to see if there was anything else that needed to be taken care of. "I'm sure the customers would also appreciate some entertainment, but it's not as important as the rest right now."

He looked at the woman standing in front of him for a moment, wondering what kind of job she could be looking for. Although she looked fully able to do all the chores he had named, he was still a bit worried by her recent illness. "Anything that interest you?" he asked casually, wondering if it would be a lucky day for the inn.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote        
Silence answered her call. 'Listen! Get down here! I know you're up there! Don't hide from me! You know just as well as I do that you can't!'
This time, something jumped out of the trees and Amalia, acting quickly, took a step back to give the person enough space to land. 'You were always good at finding traces of magic, and of course you'd be able to recognise my hover spell anywhere,' said a tall man, looking similar to Amalia, with his jet-black hair and dark blue eyes. Their eyes met, and Amalia saw, instead of the usual kindness and trust in them, a cold defiance. 'Brother,' she murmured, 'what happened to you? How did you end up here? With a wanted poster? The price on your head is high.'
Amalia's brother looked at her, and she now saw pain in his eyes. 'It is a long story,' he said, 'and it began a year after you left.'

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:14 pm Reply with quote        
Maeve wrote:
Recap. due to rollbacks:
Wachiru and Sirrane pursued their conversation on jobs, while Amalia ran away after seeing an ad on the inn's board.

Sirrane was relieved to have a job, lodgings, and three meals a day. It was the first time that had happened ever, much less all in one day. It helped that the owner and patrons all seemed like a nice bunch. Very easy-going, and easy to talk to. Generous giving...oh. She glanced downward at the bell on the counter that Iregi had given her. Where is Iregi anyway...oh, wait the room!

"Uhm, Wachiru? Which room should I stay in? And where did Iregi go?"

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote        
"Oh, right, now that you can climb the stairs, I'll get you a room upstairs. It'll be ready for this evening," the man said. "Unless you'd like it sooner, of course." For some reasons, he had forgotten to get another room ready. Although the rooms upstairs were always kept in good conditions, he needed to had a few things, bed covers and the like. But, if the customer asked to get her room sooner, he would just go upstairs and take care of that now.

Wachiru scratched his head at the mention of his brother. "He went back in town to look for a few things for the inn, and possibly for other employees. Probably met some people he knew on the way and started to chat with them or something like that." Even if he knew Iregi was perfectly able to take care of himself, the big brother in Wachiru still wondered what the kid was up to. Hopefully he hadn't gotten in troubles...

Atraea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote        
"It can wait until tonight." It was actually better if Sirrane just moved her things up there later, when there wouldn't be as many customers about.

She noticed Wachiru's look of concern at the mention of the whereabouts of his brother. After mulling it over, she got up and looked at him with an energetic look in her eyes.

"How about I go look for him? If that response is any indication, it would seem he's been gone since I've been asleep. He works here too right? You're gonna need him for the customers later!" She practically bounced out of her chair, and did some small stretches. "That and if I'm gonna be working here, I need to learn my way around this city, right?"

((short because I have work >_>))

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quote        
Isroen leaned against the tree trunk, closing his eyes. How long was it since the last time he saw her? He remembered watching as she walked away, down the path, deciding her future. He was still not old enough to leave the village then. He remembered trying to tackle his mother's grip restraining him as he tried to follow his beloved sister. She looked quite the same, except she perhaps moved with more elegance and grace, and there was a fox at her heels.
'We were attacked. A group of warriors, in the dead of night. I don't know why they came. They looked hungry and tired. Perhaps they were runaways, although I doubt so. They burned down the houses, killed all in their way...' His voice trembled, remembering that terrible night. 'They seemed to be searching for someone, I don't know who. They... I couldn't sense them.' He had been born with the magical gift, no doubt from his mother side. His sister, on the other hand, was born limited. While she could sense magical traces, control fire, and heal up to a certain extent, he could do much much more, including sense living beings. The only thing he could not do with magic was heal, and he did not have as much of a hold on fire as he did the other elements.
'I... I managed to escape. I don't know how, though. But they had something... Something that seemed to suck the magic out of the air... That's why I couldn't stop them with my magic. I fled. I fled when everyone else was dying. Even Ehrëalòmthiũc, you remember her? The old lady who never came out of her house? She tried to run away too.' He smiled sadly.
'So I ended up in the wood. I dared not follow the main road. Who knows what would've happened to a half-starved boy with burns all over him and jumping at every movement thinking people will try to kill him? Eventually, I found some town. I blended in with the crowd, I found some abandoned house to live in. The streets were practically covered in beggars, you know. Everywhere you went someone would be tugging at your clothes hoping to get your attention and your money. Anyway, I was desperate, you see. So, I stole.' He gulped and stared at his feet. 'And I've been stealing ever since, with help from my magic, of course.' He faltered and looked back up at Amalia.

((loooong post))

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 am Reply with quote        
"Right, I guess," Wachiru answered, wondering if it was such a good idea. Iregi would come back sooner or later. He always did. But Sirrane was laying half-dead in a bed only a hour ago... "You're sure you feel good enough to go do that?" he finally asked. Although, the determined look in her eyes told him she was fine. It just left the chance she got lost... "Fine," he said with a shrug, "I'll just give you some basic directions so you can find your way around more easily. And if you get lost, just ask anyone around. The citizens are used to seeing tourists and travellers asking for directions." With that, the man gave her some basic directions, the locations of some important stores and temples. He hoped that it would be enough for the girl to find her way around the city.

((Short because... oh well, no excuse XP))

Atraea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quote        
"All right then! I won't let you down boss!"

Sirrane gave a wink, an odd salute, about faced, and started toward the door. Like really, started toward the door. Or at least she had...but it wasn't long the she stumbled over some tables and chairs in her path. After nearly falling, but managing to regain her balance and catch the chairs she had knocked over before they fell, she turned back around to face her new employer.

"Uhm. Ahaha...maybe I'll just, erm. Yanno. Walk. Heh." She nervously waved goodbye and strolled out the door.

((short for studying))

MGRP OTB OoC Thread
MGRP SHipping Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next