Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Museum of Art
Goto page 1, 2  Next
ecco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:28 am Reply with quote        
I used to draw all the time when i was younger, particularly when i was about on Neopets (back when it didnt suck)

but as i've gotten older ive found less time for it, but having recently decided I want to go on to do animation at university, it's time i took drawing seriously again - so, i come to you good Midoreans to hopefully take the time to look at what I have and perhaps give some feedback Smile

good comments are wonderful but constructive critique is also appreciated (tho if i ask not to critique a piece, please dont, as it's probably because i've already spotted enough mistakes for myself xD)

ecco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:31 am Reply with quote        
so for now, here's my first attempt at a Na'vi - i'm absolutely in love with the film Avatar and i really hope we get to see more of Pandora and other Na'vi characters/tribes and such.

i'm calling her tanhìnari, which translates to "star eye" in Na'vi.
This was drawn completely without references, so i'm not sure how well i got their anatomy down, but i tried my best from what i could remember of it! Smile

ecco

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote        
here's another one. this time i nav'ied myself XD i cant photomanipulate so i did a drawing instead haha ^^

Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:18 pm Reply with quote        
They are so cute! Bouncy Heart

The hips in the first one got too narrow though, so look through some photos or an anatomy book to get a good idea about the right shape for the hips. For females it's usually an hourglass figure; goes in for the waist then the hips go out as far as the shoulders.

Guys are different though, I generally draw them with hips almost as wide as a girl's but a little more narrow.

But I adore the tiger-like one <3 her markings are cool :3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:00 am Reply with quote        
ahh but that's because she's a na'vi xD im not sure exactly how wide their hips should be, but i've read that they are supposed to have broad shoulders creating a prominently V-shaped back, and then have a very narrow waist. so i just wanted her hips not to look too wide as compared to her shoulders... its tough to get them right tho haha.

thanks for your comment tho Bouncy Heart i really appreciate it! ^^

ikittycat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quote        

YOUR ART WORK IS REALLY PRETTY.
I LOVE IT. <3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 am Reply with quote        
thankyou! c: Bouncy Heart

Skunkoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
I really like the head shot! Good lines and features...

Just wondering ... how much silver would you be willing to take if you were selling? ^^
dreamer676

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:50 am Reply with quote        
I like them because they are lovely and smooth lined, all my art tends to be uber sketchy Smile However I agree with what others have said, i.e the anatomy is a bit off. Posemaniacs might help with that. They have a thirty second challenge there that if you do it everyday it will help you not make your figures quite so stiff and they will have better movement. Other than that very nice Smile

Art done by Crow Happy
ecco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:02 am Reply with quote        
thankyou for your comment dreamer ^-^

altho once again... the anatomy should look different, cos they are na'vi not human XD they have long necks, broad shoulders and long, slim waists.... and only 4 digits on their hands, etc etc haha xD so i was trying to get the na'vi anatomy down, not human Smile

i know of posemaniacs tho, i do use it to practice human anatomy sometimes ^.^ tis a good site. thanks again!

dreamer676

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:03 am Reply with quote        
O I see, I understand Smile But it still helps to have some practice, right? XD Goodness knows I need some Happy

Art done by Crow Happy
terrapin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote        
For some reason I can't see the pictures. Maybe the problem's only on the computer I'm working with right now. (I'm sure they're great though Happy )
ecco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote        
terrapin;
i imagine so, they're still showing on my computer haha Smile nevermind ^^ and thanks anyway <3

Lily Cat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
Really lovely Na'vis. ^^

I like that you have your own style, rather than just trying to copy them exactly as they are in the film.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:52 am Reply with quote        
thankyou ^^

hehe it would be pretty hard to copy 3D! :P im no good at realism either, so XD i really ought to practice that more often.