Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:18 pm Reply with quote        
Quinn washed her hands as best she could with the offered water, trying to come up with the best way to explain herself. "It's not just the fact that it would less of a hassle. I mean that is true. But, most people don't take into consideration, well," she paused really finding no better way to make her point. "Sorry about this," the teenager said, slightly embarrassed. She reached over and grabbed what turned out to be a sizable chunk of hair on Hal's head. "Well, um, if I can do this, then so can a zombie. And I'd rather not die because I left a drag line on my head, you know?" She hastily let go of the man's hair. "I'm really sorry about that." She held the apple, not wanting to seem ungrateful, despite having yanked the guy's hair.

"Thank you for the apple." She munched on it quietly. Well, as quietly as anyone eating an apple can, anyway.

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quote        
Hal jumped when the woman tugged on his hair, it had always been sensitive for him more than mos of the people he'd known, and his face warped into something similar to a kicked puppy. He rubbed the his head where the hair had been tugged.

"I see," He said a bit forlornly. "You're right..." Hal stroked the red locks a bit protectively. "just a few inches short, yeah? Like, ear length?"

He paused. "I never introduced myself, my name is Hal, and my dog is Cola."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
Quinn blushed slightly at Hal's reaction to having his hair pulled. She figured it could have been worse, though. At least he didn't yell at her. "Pleasure to meet you, Hal, Cola, considering the circumstances, anyway. I'm Quinn. Soory about pulling your hair," she replied to his introduction. She was quiet for a bit, finishing off her fruit. The teenager pondered over what she had read concerning hair.

"You want you hair short enough that if erm, someone or something attempted to grab it, there wouldn't be anything to get ahold of." Quinn explained. "Kind of the reason I said buzz earlier. There's probably a more suitable cut that's a bit longer but I couldn't tell you what it was. But you kind of get the idea, right?." She thought about her own long hair. It was usually tied back into a braid or a ponytail. It was perfect for wandering hands to grab hold of.

Malverne wrote:
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote        
Clara wasn't paying much attention to the others, until she heard the sounds of Quinn grabbing Hal's hair. She smiled at the situation, even if she didn't like the idea of cutting her hair. She fully understood what the younger girl was saying.

"I'm Clara," she said with a small smile when the other introduced herself. She wasn't sure if she had introduced herself before, the adrenaline rush of the day having messed with her memory, but figured it probably wasn't the case. And it would be more polite anyway.

"Do you think there's a mirror somewhere?" she asked Hal after a long pause. If she needed to cut her hair, she preferred to do it as soon as possible, just in case they needed to move away from their shelter quickly. And since she wanted to see if it was possible to get a nice result with a short haircut. "And scissors too..." she said, twisting a strand of her hair around her fingers.

Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quote        
Hal stood with a resigned expression. "Yeah, Zombie apocolypse isn't the best of times to be making new friends. Or maybe it is...Either way..." He sighed. "I'll go find it." He told Clara and went off in search of the mirror that had been stored down there. Looking around he noticed a large poster hanging off the wall. So that was what this was for...

He found the mirror leaning against the wall, covered in grime. He hadn't gotten her for a few months so it wasn't too surprising.

He hefted it up off the ground and carried it back to where the other two were. Using his bloody shirt, a clean spot if he could find one, he wiped the grime off. Only a few smears of blood on it now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:42 pm Reply with quote        
Quinn found a pair of pocket, foldable scissors on her person. But they were a bit small to be cutting people's hair with. She'd probably have better luck hacking chunks off with her kukri. She sat quietly, rolling the apple core in her fingers. It was not a good visual, and the others wouldn't appreciate it. Heck SHE wouldn't appreciate having her hair hacked off by a knife on steriods. Though, with as long as everyone's hair was, it might have been feasable. With her hair pulled back as it was, she could saw the majority off with the kukri, and even it out with her scissors.

Quinn. Seriously. Don't be stupid. Find scissors that are longer than your thumb. Cut your hair right, she needed to scold herself.

The teenager looked up at the sound of someone approaching. She was thankful that it was only Hal. The somewhat clean mirror in his hands would make cutting their hair slightly easier. But unless he found a pair of cutting tools they were still up a creek without a paddle. Or, at least, they'd have half a paddle.

"Um, I've get a pair of scissors on me, but they're not very big," she stated hesitantly. She held out the cutting device in her hand. The blades themselves were no longer than the first digit of her thumb. "But, if you can think of a place we could find a longer pair, it might work out better."

Malverne wrote:
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote        
"I've got a switchblade," Hal said reassuringly. "I didn't use it on the zombies so it's clean too." He reached into his pocket and drug out the long handle and flipped it open.

He sighed. "Who want to go first?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote        
It was like when a teacher asked who wanted to do their presentation first... Clara felt like pointing at someone else, but figured it would be stupid - and unfunny - in the situation. She sighed and left her hand. "I'll go first."

She took Hal's switchblade and moved closer to the mirror. She grabbed her hair as close to her hair as possible and, with one more sigh, she passed the knife through them. She let go of what was left. Her hair was now stopping at her ears. It wasn't as bad as she would have thought, but it still wasn't a pleasant sight for her.

She didn't really want to cut them shorter, so she asked the others: "What do you think?", playing with some locks and placing them as best as she could.

Tsemara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote        
Quinn had fought the urge to fidgit when they were asked who wanted to go first. She didn't want to cut her hair. She had always had it long. But she didn't want to be zombie bait. The teenager nearly sighed in relief when Clara had volunteered. The hack job she did with the knife wasn't as bad as Quinn thought it would be, considering most people didn't use a knife to cut hair. In the 'civilized' world anyway.

When the older woman asked what they thought, Quinn frowned thoughtfully. She dragged herself to her feet and approached. She held her scissors ready. "Here, let me even it out."

The going was slow, considering the size of the blades. However, Quinn also took this as an opportunity to make sure the woman's hair was short enough to evade questing fingers. When she was finished, the other woman's hair was slightly shorter, but even and not a bad look, if the teenager though so herself. "Well, there you go. What do you think?"

Seeing that she was already standing there with the cutting devices, she figured she'd go next. The majority of her hair fell away when she cut her braid off. She did her best to keep it even, but she still had the makings of a mullet when she was finished. She couldn't managed the back of her head very well. "Um, can someone get the back? I can't reach it very well."

Malverne wrote:
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote        
"It's nice," Clara said with a sheepish smile, passing her fingers through her hair. Truth is, she much preferred her long hair to this shorter version. Than again, she much preferred shorter hair to being killed by zombies. "Thanks," she said to Quinn. She let go a small sigh and moved away from the mirror to let space for the other girl.

The woman watched as the other cut her hair, wondering if there was any other simple thing they would need to do to escape the zombies. Well, at least they had a shelter now, and it looked safe. "Here, let me finish it," she said to Quinn, grabbing the small pair of scissors and finishing cutting what was left at the back of the other's head. She took care of making it short enough that it could make a good grip at the same time, like Quinn had done for her hair.

"Here you go," she said after a couple of minutes, trying to sound positive and walking back to see how it looked. The girl both had pretty much the same haircut now, which was probably a good sign. She then looked at Hal and waited for him to do something.

Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:03 pm Reply with quote        
Hal watched the two girls cut their hair and once they were finished he took the switchblade in his own hand and sat cross legged in front of the mirror.

Leaning forward, he sliced the strands of hair. He didn't look to the ground until he was finished, his head frighteningly light as he turned it side to side. It was only an inch long now but he could see it starting to curl ever so slightly without the length to pull it straight.

He sighed with a pained expression.

"Let's get all the hair together. I'm sure we could use it as a distraction if we find ourselves being tracked again..."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:40 pm Reply with quote        
Quinn picked up her discarded braid and shook her head. "Zombies don't work that way. If it's not making noise, moving around or has a heartbeat, they don't have interest in it. At least, that's how they're supposed to work. I don't know why," she shrugged. "It depends on what rules they're playing by. Though, I suppose we should be greatful that they're just zombies and not this infected nonsense that they've been coming out with lately. We'd be screwed if that was the case."

"Though, we could still probably find a use for it. Do you have anything you can hold it in?" The teenager knelt down to help gather the hair anyway. She didn't like the way her clothing clung to her skin with the drying zombie juices. Hal probably felt the same way. "And do you know of anywhere we can shower this crud off? And maybe get a spare set of clothes. I don't know about you, but I don't think smelling like a zombie makes for good company." Quinn paused, having a strange thought. But the idea it represented was pure folly. She'd need to be crazy to suggest it.

Malverne wrote:
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote        
"Oh, forgot about that...they act so much like wolves I forgot..." Hal frowned. "I'm sure there's something around we can carry it all in."

Though it was dark, Hal's eyes had finally begun to adjust a little and he was able to navigate through the cellar. He manages to find an entire stock of paper bags. The old family must have stocked them down here as well. He brought it back to the group and set it open on the ground so they could start dropping the hair in it.
"Like I mentioned earlier there's a path and door leading out to the coast. If you don't mind it being a little dirty."

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote        
Quinn shook her head. "Nah, that's giving zombies too much credit. And it kind of is insulting to the wolves." She paused to think for a moment. "Mmm... they're more like robots that anything else. And the only directive they have is to kill and eat living things." The teen shrugged.

She sighed at the thought of staying caked with zombie crud any longer that absolutely necessary. "Dirty I can handle," she replied. "But practically looking and smelling like a zombie isn't exactly the most comfortable thing in the world. Though..." She trailed off, thinking about something. In some rules she would have been able to skulk around without interference from the zombies, looking and smelling the way she did. Other rules, it would not have made any difference. The teenager wondered which rules these zombies were playing with.

Malverne wrote:
Sev en Ester

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:33 am Reply with quote        
Hal nodded absently. "Might as well get some rest, there isn't much we can do for now but keep our energy up." He found a comfortable spot to lean against the wall and looked around. "I'll keep a watch for a while but if I start falling asleep I'll one of you up."
There was no noise coming from the outside but it was better to be aware then dead.