Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Connan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quote        
Has anyone of you had a wierd dream, and thought hey! that could be a nice story! Well I have and Ill try to post something here as I go along =^^=
What ill do is start somewhere, and write the story with out thinking of it first XD It'll be fiction, not reality =^^=
Knowing myself, It will turn into a horro story again o.o...
oh please try to read past and over the grammar or spelling mistakes XD Im dutch and can not garentee it will be perfect XD

Not able to sleep because wierd creeping sounds. you could hear the wind swissing past the house. trying to creep in by the window. I rolled over and tried to sleep again. ''It will only be for three days!'' I tried to remember myself. it was my gramps birthday. and once in a while we would go back to my grampa's and granma's house. well I still called it grmandma's house. Eventhough she pased away three years ago. My grandpa refused to get out the house. even if it was to big for him alone. and my dad and I often came to repair a few things. for as long as I can remember I always slept on the attic when I was with gramps. but these last years, it really began to show that this house was older than it looked.

It had holes in the floors, which were already repaired multiple times. My older sister refused to stay here, she always would leave in the evening and come back the following days. Normally I loved this place. When I was a little kid I played hide and seek with my dad. it was really fun because the house was so big. I hid in a chest once, my granpa's photo albums were inside too. I wondered if it was still here on the attic, my grandpa used to love telling story's about the past. but ever since my grnama died, something has not been the same in this house...
Connan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:52 am Reply with quote        
I woke by the sounds of my dog, she was barking at the staircase. I muttered something before I got in my clothes and walked down stairs. ''hello, Mell.'' I said to my border collie as I petted her. ''Ah, Connan just in time lad.'' I heard my dad call out of the kitchen. I slumped into a chair after I took a few sliced of bread from the toaster. I had also stolen the cheese and I started with my breakfast. ''The lid of the old well has begun to rot again.'' my dad said. the lid was made entirly out of wood. I figured we had to make another one. ''sure dad.''I said and got up. 'but first I'll walk with mell. do yu know were gramps is?'' I asked and dad pointed at the living room.

I knocked a few times before entering. my grampa looked at me with half a smile. I havnt seen him smile a real smile in ages. ''ey gramps.'' I said and looked at the old wrinkled face he had.the old leather chair he always sat on was about ready for the fireplace. I didnt knew any better than that the chair had always been here. ''well, how are you feeling?'' I asked the old man. he nodded, he was thinking probably. ''I'm feeling beter. Yes. how did you sleep on that attic hmm? did some mice nibble on your toes?'' he said with a grinn. My grandpa was a master of changing the subject, but that didnt matter much. ''No mice nibbling on my toes, gramps. I'm going to walk with Mell now. Be back in a few!'' I said and walked out the room, but before I did I saw that my grandpa was looking at an empty spot on the wall again. I remembered a picture of my grandma used to hang there. ''say gramps. What happend to the picture?'' I asked the old man. he didn't look up at me. '' I hid it, because I didnt want it to fall.'' he said and I looked at him strangly.

I was pretty tiered, Mell however still jumped up and down from exitment. She loved chasing me. however she was way faster. she cheated... ''Come lets go back.'' I said as I saw my sis car in the distance. my grmaps lived on the farmland. all around he house were wide open spaces. you could see a neighbouring bar in the distance. and my grandpa had a few cornfields him self. but he rented them mostely, he was to old to do everything himself.
Connan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote        
I walked home with Mell, who ran back and forth. she was way to hyper a dog. I could see my sisters car in the distance. Well my gramp's house was on the ''farm land''. So you could see everything comming and going from miles around. You had to walk 10 minutes till the nearest neighbour that is. But I used to like commng here. What my gramps had sad that mornging. aoubt the picture was still on my mind. I treid to shake it of. Tonight most of the famelie would come. including my mom...

As I had predicted, my family had come of course. We had a barbeque, and we were sitting in the living room. My gramps in his leather chair. my uncle was starting to get drunk. my other uncle was telling his story's again. But my mom had to ask about the picture of grandma. after half an hour of bickering she went up the attic her self to get the picture back. I heard my gramps mutter something about being more stuborn than the rear of a donkey. I tried my best not to laugh, it was futile however. my mum had come back with the picture frame. Ít'll break.'said my gramps and I got up and took a seat next to him. 'why do you think that, gramps.'I asked him, he looked at me an shrugged his shoulders. ''It just will...'' he said right at the moment my yough nephew and my little neice came in. they were playing with a ball. just as my mum had sat down again, the little ball bounced on the table, and went straight for the picture. the sound of broken glass made the whole room go silent. le
aving my mum stammer excuses at my old gramps...
Connan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 am Reply with quote        
The party was pretty much done. Only my aunt was slightly drunk, which was quite funny. gramps had been quiet for the rest of the evening. and when I asked him, how he had know the picture would fall he aswerd that she had told him. but when I asked him who she was, he would reply. I helped with the dishes, and was about to go outside when Mell started growling at the door. ''what wrong? Ive got to put the garbage outside...'' I said to my dog. she jumped up at the door suddenly, and stopped suddenly. ''what has gotten into that dog?'' my mum asked me and I shrugged. ''don't know, she suddenly barked at the door.'' I said looking out the kitchen window. I thought I saw something move, but thought of it as a deer or something. but once I had stepped outside and dumped the garbage, I heard something snap infront of me. but I coulnd see anything. and it being pitch black outside didnt help much either. just as I was about to turn around I could hear a soft whistle on the wind. I remembered the tune all to well. It was a tune my grandma used to whistle...
Connan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:45 am Reply with quote        
''Conna... Connan!'' it was my sister who yelled at me. I wasnt paying attention to her. ''what now?'' I asked her anoyed. ''What is wrong with you? ever since you came back you space out all the time.'' she said as she closed the attic door. ''You look as if you've seen a ghost or something.'' she said. I didnt say anything about what I had hear. probably just the wind... my sis was blabbing about her new clotes the bought. why should I know? I just looked around the attic. ''hey, look its gramps photochest.'' I said cutting my sis of in her story. I walked over to the chest and tried to open it. ''what is it? just open it up.'' my sis said but I looked at her. 'íts locked.'' I said and my sis shook her head. ''nah, that can't be, gramps never locks up that chest... come to think of it.'' she said comming closer. ''he hasnt told us about a lot of things latly, has he.I mean normally he would tell us an old story or someting.'' she said and I nodded. ''he thinks you are to old.'' a voice came, making me and my sis jump up. it was my mum, she walked over to the tiny cupboard and placed the now broken picter on it. ''now...'' she pointed at my sis. ''you go home, you go sleep.'' she siad pointing at me. Im mumbled something and walked over to m bed. But after my mum had closed the door, I walked over to the cupboard. as I picked up the picture I noticed that the picture it self was also damaged. there was a scratch right above my grandma's left eye. I pouted at it, my poor gramps loved this picture. I was about to change into my pymaiies as I heard a loud bang from downstairs.
Connan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote        
I almost fell down the stairs when I heard the sound. ''what happened?'' I asked when I ran into the kitchen. ''it's alright, your mum sliped. here, get up dear.'' my dad said, my gramps was leaning on a chair, he to had a very worried look on his face. ''she sliped and banged her head on the counter... you better phone the dokter I'd say lad.'' he said and I nodded, I was about to turm around when y dad helped my mum to her feet. she was holding her head with one hand. But I could clearly see a gash on her head. right above her left eye, just as my gradma's picture.

''Well, I think you should keep rest, for at least a week. you did make a blow.'' the dokter grinned at my mum. she looked really weak somehow. ''dad?'' I asked, he looked up. '' Are you taking mum home? or are we staying here?'' I asked him, I was hoping to go home. ''ofcourse your staying here. '' my grandpa insisted. But all in all, that bad feeling had just gotten worse.

And that is were I stop for now =^^=
I'd love to get feed back o.o even if you hated it I'd still like to know XD
If you have ideas which would fit in the story please tell me and Ill see what I can do with it =^^= I do prefer if you pm me instead of posting here XD
Connan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:33 am Reply with quote        
I could hear my dad downstairs. it ad begun to rain outside. I could hear the rain gently tikking on the roof. after a while, I sat up. I heard something else than rain. I could hear that whistle again. I was wide awake, and most sertainly not dreaming. I jumped over to the window and looked out of it. the rain was all I couls see outside, that and the coulds up high. but nothing else. I turned around to go back to bed, when suddenluy I could hear something tapping against the window. I turned aroud, but the tapping stopped. I thought my mind was splaying tricks on me so I went back to the window. But as soon as I reached the window again, out of nowhere a face appeared infront of mine. it was plain white,but that was definatly not my grandma...
Bliss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:41 am Reply with quote        
Interesting c: Looking forward to updates!