Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote        
Something doesn't seem right about that. For my PS3, I have The Sims 3 and Bayonetta, and for my 360, I only have Left 4 Dead. Well, this is kind of a multi-thread.

Any game suggestions for either console? I like RPG games, either story or character-based, but they have to be at least relatively original and compelling. I'm a bit of a snob for things like that. (Don't you dare suggest Halo. :/)

And, the ever-heated debate, which console do you prefer, and why? I've always grown up with video games, but I kinda fell out of them as I got older, so I don't really know/follow much.

Ever get a console and suddenly realize you don't have all that many games that you're willing to buy for it? :/ I know a lot that I'd be interested in trying, but I'm extremely frugal. Not a good combination.

ecco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote        
i know how you feel. so many games i'd love to play, but they can screw off if they think i'm spending 50 quid on it.

you need to get Lost Odyssey - its a 360 game, RPG, music by Nobuo Uematsu and story by Hironobu Sakaguchi, it's so beautiful it made me cry, and it has "memories" you can find throughout the game that are short stories about the characters pasts, written by a japanese short-story... author XD i never got to finish it (i dont own a 360) but i LOVED it. great story and good gameplay as well.

for PS3 - Eternal Sonata - it's also on 360, but the PS3 one is better. another RPG, you can set the voices to the original japanese or the english dub which is nice (i prefer the japanese lol) the gameplay is super fun, and you get to learn lots about Frederic Chopin throughout the game ^^ i loooooved it. but again, never got to finish, as i dont have a PS3 *cries*

and... and... resident evil 5 XD; it's the only shooter i've ever been good at lol.

as for consoles... i prefer PS3 by far. easier to use, plays blu-rays, the controllers arent as ridiculously huge as 360 ones (i can barely use them cos i have small girly hands) it's more powerful, it looks nicer, and there's tons of games and other things for download in the store. i love old PS1 games, so that's a huge boon for me. Bouncy Heart

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote        
*flails* Holy shit I can pull out my PS1 games! Happy I have soooooo many, now I just need to find them.

Those games sound great. :] Definitely gonna look into them.

Keylaleigh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
It's not an RPG, but one of my favorite games (for 360 AND Ps3) is Soul Calibur 4. I'm not very into fighting games, but this one is different. I love SCIV with a passion! It has a decent storyine AND you can create your own characters! I love re-creating story characters and then putting them in Computer VS Computer battles to see who would win.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote        
Sounds interesting. I prefer fighting games to first-person shooters, so I'll look up on it at the least.

ecco

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:25 pm Reply with quote        
am i to believe Chu didnt know she could play PS1 games on her PS3...? XD

its one of my fave things about it lol. tho i dont have my own PS3, luckily i DO still have a working PS2 Bouncy Heart

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:00 am Reply with quote        
I heard that you couldn't play PS2 games on it, so I figured the same applied to PS1 games. So did I hear wrong? D:

By the way, totally found the games. I'm so happy.

kerryfox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
It really depends I know that only a few of the PS3 are reversible...I think it is in the market you can download the old PS1 games...I know you can do that with the Xbox games.

But I would say you should get Fable (1-3), I like Assassins Creed and have heard good things about Mass Effect and Bio Shock.

I was a Playstation girl till I started realizing all the games I wanted to play where on xbox360...and after playing with my Boy Friends Xbox I have really warmed to them. My only issue is the number of issues xboxes have...his just gave the red ring and we are out an xbox >.< sad day as I just started playing Left 4 Dead with him on it...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 am Reply with quote        
My brother wants Megaman Legends 2 for the PS1, but it's expensive as shit on ebay. ._. I hate how some games are, like, three bucks, and others are 50+.

I've heard wonderful things about the Fable series. I also think Bioshock is wicked. Definitely gonna look into them.

And yeah, I'm really paranoid that my 360 is gonna crap out on me in a month or something.

Mella

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:23 pm Reply with quote        
I agree with Eternal Sonata on the PS3. I adored the story, and the gameplay was fun too (even though it was on the easy side).
I actually learned a lot about music while playing that game, which is also another plus. Happy
Hmmmm, maybe Tales of Vesperia for 360? I haven't played it myself, but i've heard good things. I love the Tales of series' games, so this probably just a biased opinion, but it doesn't hurt to look into it.
Another game I strongly recommend is the Assassin's Creed series on either Xbox/PS3. I don't know why, but it's surprisingly satisfying jumping from building to building in ancient Italy, and stabbing people when they least expect it. I actually enjoyed the story too, and i'm not always a fan of the whole Historical story line.
Hmmm....i've also wanted to try Star Ocean International: The last hope for the longest time, but haven't gotten up and tried to find it anywhere. Plus it's still pretty expensive for being an old game, well where I live, anyways. That one is about space and visiting unknown planets. The battle system is like Tales of Symphonia, so i've heard (If you played that game, or any Tales of Game) .

Uhhmmm.....yeah.
I haven't tried, though I don't think the PS3's are backwards compatible. I've always noticed an icon on my PS3's menu that says PS/PS2 memory something rather. I wonder if this is for discs you can put in, or for games you download off PSN? Unless you have one of the older PS3s, I think those are compatible.

Farewell, my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.