Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Halloween '09 Roleplay Results!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you to everyone who participated in my Halloween roleplay this year! I'd like to apologize for my disappearance. I suddenly got extremely busy with school and couldn't get on to read the roleplay, much less make a new setting. Because of this, I decided to give away points for post numbers too. What I did was give you 5 points for every two posts you made.

Below is the list of point totals from the roleplay. Please refer to the prize list below that and cash in your points in any way you wish so I can send you the prizes.

Please remember to send me the names of the prizes that you want IN A MESSAGE containing your point total as well. I will be giving out Prizes on Friday, November 27December 4 and if you don't claim your points by then, I'll choose your prizes for you.

I DID have to change the prize list because there were new items made after I made the roleplay thread. (I make them before events so I'm not rushing around and the prize releases weren't like that during planning.) If you have any issues or concerns with the prizes or the point system, please post them in here before I give out the prizes.

MelancholyMelody~: 210
lyte: 155
pyrakitt: 135
Maeve: 135
Maverik: 130
Chere and Rose: 115
Fuzzey: 100
Berlin: 90
BubbleTrouble: 70
Applejuice81: 70
SasorizaKitty: 65
Miyani-chan: 60
urboros: 60
killerkitty: 55
Vidd187: 55
Yaneci DeNovi: 35
Angelic.Demon: 35
AlexTheGuardain: 15
Raezarin: 15
Afanassii: 15
Adanoi: 15

Prize list:
5 Points – CKurnam Broomstick
10 Points – Demonias Scimitar
20 Points – Demonias Torque
30 Points – Demonias Segithoz
40 Points – Demonias Malleus
50 Points – Demonias Escharpe

Also, MelancholyMelody~ has the most points, so Melody, whenever you send me your message, please tell me whether you want a Black Cat or a Kantu. ^^ Lyte will receive whatever you didn't pick.

Addressing the issue of giving out items from last year: Because I couldn't get online, no item thumbnails were posted. I'll hand those out to random roleplayers whenever I hand out the other prizes.

Please feel free to use this thread to give me feedback on the roleplay. ^^; During the winter I MAY host another, depending on popular opinion, but if I do, I can assure you that I'll have more time because of winter break.

Possible Achievements:
Profile, Dances, Drops something, Gets hurt: 5 each
Back of room, Answers question, Brings people, To water, Against Wall, Explores: 10 each
Pulls prank, Brings up NPC/Chu, Leaves Cave, Mentions light, Discovers something, Yells: 20 each

Raezarin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, you seem to have made a mistake, because while I did sign up for the roleplay life took a dump on me so I never actually got around to participating. Sad

I shouldn't have any points ^^.

But the point system is interesting, if you want to do it again next time I'd suggest leaving hints about what people can accomplish for points. It would be easier than reading over everything, you could just search for keywords or phrases and assign points accordingly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote        
I did make a typo, but you still earned 15 points by submitting your profile and answering the trick or treat question. :3 I'll add the achievements list now.

EDIT: Added. Do you still think hints should be given out, considering how easy the achievements are to achieve?

Raezarin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote        
If they're easy, then no, its fine. But if you have several per setting then little hints would be nice. It doesn't have to be anything obvious, simply stating the existence of an item you want us to use should be enough, its the little details that provide the hints.

Keyword and hints are more for your convenience, because you said you don't have enough time to read the whole thing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:37 pm Reply with quote        
I'll keep that in mind then. :3 If I do another roleplay I want to make it as fun as possible, so maybe I could get NPCs to participate again or something and make things more complex.

Of course that all depends on whether Cat would let me or not, but if users want it, it's worth a shot. ;D

Raezarin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote        
NPCs are fun! I couldn't interact with them during the Lotus festival because my dad cut my internet 5 mins after they came on, but it would be really interesting to have them for the next event ^^ (winter?)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, a lot of people had that issue and felt ignored so I've been cautious of revisiting it. ^^; But if everyone else is willing to give it another shot then I am too.

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote        
I think it seemed like people had fun in it.

I think you should try, after people give feedback it'll be able to get better :3

The only thing that should be changed is next time your teachers shouldn't give you a ton of homework haha Happy

::Shop::
pyrakitt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote        
I had a wonderful time with this Chu. This is the first roleplay I've been in where there were prizes handed out as well as having it attached to an event in any way. It was tons of fun trying to figure out how to interact with the surroundings and people to get points.
I'm not sure if I want hints at all actually, it was kind of fun muddling around in the dark. Just having you give me something to interact with in the first place was enough.

I wasn't here for the Lotus event so all I can say about it is the concept of NPC's interacting with us sounds awesome and is something I'd definetly like to experience.

I'm sorry that real life cam down on you like that but the world outside the computer screen comes first. Hope things have settled down a bit for you. I would really look forward to you doing this again for winter. It got me drawn into the event, first thing I did when I logged on was check to see who had posted. Sweat It really made my first week on this site a wonderful experience.

I now have a goal, stalk Melody and learn how she does it. I'm in the presense of a master and this roleplayer is set on becoming a padawan. Cool

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:45 pm Reply with quote        
@Demon: XD Tell that to my teachers; I'm sure they'd be pleased.

@Pyra: Thank you for the feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Even though I only read the roleplay it really allowed me to get to know Midoreans better, so I'm sure the same can be said for those that participated. :3 It was really fun seeing all of the different personalities.

And real life definitely comes first. Granted, I did put off some assignments this weekend to get things straightened out but I didn't want to put this off any longer. </3 It kills me when I don't meet deadlines.

I loved reading Melody's roleplaying! XD It always kept me laughing, no matter what. She and Maverik made a really... interesting pair whenever they roleplayed together.

Urboros

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quote        
I don't get it. but I loved the rp, always do chu!

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:17 am Reply with quote        
I always love role-playing during an event, and so I think you should do another one during the winter event ^^

As far as hint goes, I think simply having things we can interact with mentioned in the setting description is good enough. I mean, making it too obvious would kinda ruin the fun of finding what everything is. Just having a little something saying: "There's a strange lake and lights around," and the like should be enough to push people to go investigate what it is.

I didn't get to interact much with the NPCs in the Lotus Festival. I was always on when no one else was... But I know most users seemed to enjoy it, and it brought another dimension to the role-play, since people could do something else than just wander around. Of course, there were some complaints about people feeling ignored and all, and maybe something should be done to correct that, but I think bringing back the NPCs in the role-play is a good idea overall.

Vidd187

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote        
what Is the Demonias Escharpe is that the face wrap demon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote        
Yep, it's the purple scarf that tries to eat your face ^^

Vidd187

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
thank you maeve