Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Raz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:03 pm Reply with quote        

Hi! Welcome to the written imagination of Raz'z brain!
I have proximately 9 years of video game history dealing with everything from mmo's to RTS. Looking at midorea's development, I've decided to come up with a few idea's to help it along its way.

text w/ a strike through it has been deemed obsolete by me.

These are my ideas:

I'll start with the battle system.
Firstly, i'd like to talk about the "Block" ability; I noticed when you block, even if the enemy does hit you and you are blocking, the damage negated is completely unnoticable due to the random range of what they hit. So i'm re-proposing my idea of when blocking, you restore some hp/mp as well as decreasing damage. This would put use to that seeming useless button.

Second idea involving the battle system is called a "double exp card"!
If the value of gold changs, i'd like this item to be integrated to help those like myself who actually enjoy battling. This card when used would grant the user x2 exp for how ever many fights you set it too. Meaning there can be different cards lasting a different numbers of fights. (100, 250, 500, ect).

My third idea for the battle idea would be that after a certain point, like lets say lvl 5, you start to get more than one stat point each time you level up. like at lvl 6 you'd get 2 points, then at lvl 11 you'd get 3, ect.
This idea is that at lvl 10+ you earn negative silver from money earned vs the cost of healing after each fight.
with higher stats, your performance increases to make it easier on people (like me) who refuse to restart because
of fear for losing their ice dragon race from the potion earned in that one event. <.<; hint...hint....]

My Last idea for the battle system would the annoying fact that you need to equip a weapon at the begining of the fight. Yeah I'm lazy, but we can automaticly equip armor at the beginging of a fight so i figured why not a weapon, or even a spell?

NEXT! Weapons!

MY first weapon idea would have to be more avatar friendly weapons! We seem to have a few now, but i would like to see a sword, axe, scythe, or bow for every element! I know this is no small feat, so theres no need to post them all at once, but eventually i'd like to see an elabotate looking weapon for all elements (even bacon <.<;)

My second idea for weapons would be... well.... more weapons. We have tons and tons and tons of clothes and hair (mostly for females) but not enough weapons! Eventually i'd like to see interesting round top axes, hatchets, throwing axes, crossbows, spears, javalins (yes... they are different from spears), halberds, shields, flails, maces, ext. Even if all of them couldnt be pixeled for avatars, it would be AMAZING to see atleast a couple of every type of weapon for an avatar to add more individuality to the site. and i know what your thinking... a weapon makes you an individual? YES! it does!
You might be the person to be satisfied with cleaving someone to death with a sword, but thats not good enough for me! I perfer (depending on my mood) to stab someone to death with a spear, hack them to pieces with an axe, and even fill'em with holes with a good ol' fashion automatic crossbow (invented by the chinese in dynasty times)

LASTLY ARMOR! (or armour, depending on where your from)

MY first armor idea would be... Armor that you can put on your avatar!
but just calling it armor is far too general. I'd love to see different types of armor!
Theres a scale that i go by.
There would need to be leather armor, chain armor, plate armor, decorative armor, and finaly ELEMENT ARMOR! >:O!!!
(of course they would have to be visible of an avatar, thats half the point)
and that bring us to my second armor idea!

Which would be armor of different elements that provided more defense against its element, ex; fire armor would negate fire element damage by 50%. BUT water element would do 50% more damage if its equiped. Of course there arent just
two elements so i propose that there
is a total of 15% damage negation
from all secondary elements.
but before i dwell on this too far i need to clear something up. Each piece of the set would NOT provide the 50% difference, you could assign each piece of the armor a different % of protection agains its element.

ex; Body would give 20% difference, gauntlets (NOT GLOVES >.<) give a 5%, Boots a 5%, greaves 15%, and helm 5%. but honestly this distribution is flawed so i suggest you come up with one of your own. but the bigger the the piece is the more it protects, obvioulsy.

and my third idea would be involving the level requirements for these. I dont want to fight my way up to 50 just to use some badass armor. who would? so i suggest keeping the level and stat requirements relatively low. But not too low.
for leather; no level requirement, chain; no requirement, plate; lvl 5, decorative; lvl 10, and ELEMENT; lvl 15 or 20 because its badass...

:3

I plan on coming out with something like this every week or month in this thread, cause I've got tons of ideas.

Raz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote        
On my elemental armor idea, i mentioned how you guys could make it to protect like 50% of an opposite element.
I realized the coding for this would probably be extremely complex, so i thought of another idea for elemental armor.

Instead of elemental protection, why not have the armor increase magical defence along with physical defence?

I noticed that when you roll for your stats, it's extremely rare to get all your stats to 18+

With this character, it took forever to get my int and wis remotely similar to my physical stats.

An armor that makes up for this would be quite useful.

Raz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote        
A USE FOR SP!!!!

I was talking to cara on the phone about cookies and i got this idea:

You could create a special classes for lvl 20 and give it special attacks, depending on what type of class it is, that require spirit points (and hp should you find it funny).

You could base the amount of SP you get off of the level of the monster the user kills +1. like lvl 1 monster would give 2 sp, a lvl 2 monster drop 3, ext.

OR

you could still create the special classes for lvl 20, but instead of having its special attack(s) rely on SP, have it rely on health. BUT have the SP go to leveling up the 'special' class. Like (making up a class name) Dragonmancer requiring 500 SP to level up to lvl 2. And on each certain amount of levels give it a new special attack or ability.

It would look like this:

Raz
Level 23
Class level 4

Raz

Special classes cont.

For the level 20 special class idea i posted about, i have another idea.

There could be an NPC that requires you to do jobs such as defending an outpost or farm or something against a set group of monsters like a baby dragon migration (my idea >.<) or something. As a reward for defending it a set number of times (pm's could be sent alerting the quester of the attacks) you could get access to that class and class shop.

After you obtain the special class, you could take mercenary type jobs to earn you SP bonus's to level up the class, or currency to use in that job shop.

On my next post i will be putting up some new class ideas for higher levels.

Raz

CLASS IDEAS

While i was thinking of ways to build my character, i got an idea for classes (like a promised i would)
So how about this:

Hybrid classes. (Sounds strange and possibly stupid right?)
These would be classes where you level up a certain number of times in one class then switch to another class, like lets say Training as a warrior for 6 levels and then a mage or rogue for 4 levels to unlock the ability of becoming a Spell sword, or enchanted warrior on level 10 when you can upgrade your class.
names are your decision of course, just giving examples.
The stat increases would be altered for this new class to increase as the same ratio of leveling up a warrior for 6 level then switching to a rogue (or mage) for the rest. So you don't have to change your class every few levels.

This would provide more diversity to player options in regards to combat styles and just for the sake of everyone not having to play as the same classes.

Simple, unlike my other ideas, but not too bad? o3o

Raz

It appears suggestions are no more than a wall of text so from this point onward i will be simply revising and editing current ideas.
Raz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
[Reserved post]
Raz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
[Reserved post]
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote        
I agree with the blocking idea. Monsters rarely hit in the first place, so such a feature would really help in battles. To make it harder to abuse though, it should randomly heal MP/HP. This way a user can't cheat their way out of the temple by spamming that button when fighting say, a Lizard while they're at level ten.

The double EXP card could also be given out in tournaments or the like, similar to Uro's quests from the summer event. I'm sure they'd also give Midorea a little bit of extra income as well, but only in the future. As of right now I doubt many people would take advantage of such a thing.

AGREED AGREED AGREED. Monsters get stronger at a much faster rate at higher levels, so I think it would be fair for users to be able to gain two stats per level starting at 10 rather than five, and it should stick with two until much higher levels. I'm not sure if this would be possible, but another way to go about it would be a training feature that can only be obtained at level 10. The training would be a one time deal for free, but would have to be advertised in order for it to be used.

Yeah, it's annoying to have to choose your weapon over and over. However, there are some less lazy users than myself that take a monster's element into consideration when battling. So if you're going into a battle with the Flying Devilray (water) with your firesword automatically attached, then you'd be screwed unless you remembered to change it.

I think that the weapons to be made equipable should first be the small ones, for the sake of being easy. The Butter Knife is an easy job. Then there are things like the Dagger of Poison and Single Red Rose - once again, easy. And the armor should be made equipable too. Those things should be done before new weapons are made.

Why don't you draw out or look up some examples for such items? If you draw them out, I can scan them for you. x3

Some chainmail would be AWESOME. I think one of the next event contests should be a create an armor/weaponset contest! O:

All of the details of the armor sets seem extremely intricate, and I'm not sure if they'd be possible. It'd be an interesting feature though, and would definitely make the battle system more... what's the word? It would make it less mindless, you know?

Level requirements - I think - should be raised as the average level for Midoreans raises. For now, there's not much to fight at the higher levels, but I'm hoping that in the future users will be provided with more of an incentive to level up so they can be increased.

That's a good alternative to your confusing armor idea from before, and seems much more possible. And the different elements could respond accordingly, being that say water has more magic protection that earth would.

I don't know much about what spirit points are supposed to be, so I can't really respond to this post. It sounds interesting though.

Class or class shop? o.0 That sounds a bit complicated - why not powerful weapons or large amounts of silver? That's what mercenaries do after all, right?

Raz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:15 pm Reply with quote        
Blocking: Well, for it to be random, there would have to be a pretty good change like 75%+ chance of it happening for it to still remain "useful".

x2 exp card: A bonus to silver earned is an excellent add on feature. You could release x2 exp cards and x2 exp & drop cards that would be slightly more expensive.

Increased stat points: 2 at ten is a bit high, Ogre's on lvl 8 for example hit about everytime for tremendous amounts of damage (like 30-40 sometimes). Having it start on five then increasing on like 15 would be reasonable.

Automatic weapon equip: Well... Everyone could either equip it EVERY fight, or those few people who care about elemental aspects could switch every once and a while.

Equipable weapons: It would have to start with small items for the sheer fact that the midorean pixeling squad is rather small. But most of these ideas (like this one) are meant for the future when the midorean staff is much larger and an handle jobs like this easier.
(and i could drawl up some weapon designs! they might not be good, but the idea of their design is more important)

Chainmail: AGREED! Chainmail, imo, would look amazing with the shape of the mido bases. The curves could add a lot of intricacy to their designs.

Armor sets: Honestly, it would be incredible difficult and tedious to go through the process of making each piece of the set for each element resistant to each other. So im scrapping the idea of elemental protection and sticking to Increased magical def.

Level requirements: I see, my idea for level requirements would be on the assumption that pretty damn good armor and weapons would actually be released. I think they should be optional (to give people a goal to actually make people want to battle in the first place) right now because giving low levels amazing equipment is a terrible mistake.
If your release "Elemental Armor" for lets say level 5 people, what could you give lvl 20 or 40 people that has same purpose? "Excellent Elemental Armor?"

Armor idea: Yeah, i found the baby dragons to have amazing magical attack power for their level, and though "i wonder what lvl 20 magical creatures would hit?" and panicked. xD
However the difference in the elements is an interesting idea, but the difference in stats should equal out to be the same total. so one set isn't better than another, it all depends on playing style and class.

SP: hehe, its all up to cat when it comes down to those, im just tired of not earning them xD

Class: Well, with the class idea i though that earning your right to special abilities would help in combat since the battle system seems to be extremely unbalanced at this time. If lvl 8's at 2 hit k0'ing people, i wonder what lvl 15 or 20 creatures would be hitting. The faster you kill something, the less chance it has of hitting you. Plus it (special attacks) would allow for more strategy instead of mindless Attacking.

Class shop: with this i know it would be complicated, but you could spawn the class shop npc in a zone (like in the Halloween event) only when the quest is completed. This would give some diversity to the Avatar aspect of the game if these items (such as special class armor/weapons) would be visible on avatars.

Getting silver would be nice, but getting a special currency would encourage users to actually do the slayer quests that you guys make. ^^

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:36 pm Reply with quote        
Whatever works works, I say. You have to admit though that for it to have an assured regen. rate would be absurdly harmful to the economy. Then no one would have to pay for healing, which caps the profit from battling quite a bit. Or to work through that, it could have a very small regen. rate. I know for a fact that when you block, it doesn't completely evade the opponent's attack. In fact, I was hit for 17 or so damage against an ogre when blocking.

x2 Drop cards... interesting, but they don't make very much sense. Say you're fighting a wolf pup and get the drop, wouldn't you be confused if it like, gave birth to another as you defeated it? XD Maybe double the chance of getting a drop though. That makes more sense.

Oh yeah, that's true. Touche. xP

Midorean pixel squad? XD *imagines Heyy, Twigg, and azavena decked out in military gear shooting the enemy with pixel guns* Drawl? xP Bad grammar Sam has. Well I know you're really knowledgeable in the weapon field, so it would be extremely helpful. Cat has said herself that she's not very good with weapons. But I know these ideas are for the future - I just like to assume that items and the like are higher on the priority list, so I like to make a bit of a timeline in my head.

Enchanted armor? Slightly stronger, better looking, but generally the same idea. And I have a question since in my mind, you represent the "male" populous of Midorea: What would be the biggest incentive we could give you to battle? Be it drops, titles, silver, etc.

Oh, exactly. There would have to be a more intricate element system in order for that to work though. I don't know what could be done - but for now I think the basics, being weapons, monsters, drops, etc. should be paid more attention to.

I'm thinking a few monsters should be nerfed. Things like the battle system are very sensitive though, and what I think would create a better balance would be to go with your previous idea of earning two stats per level up at level ten. If the users get stronger, then monsters can get stronger as well. But I think someone should really be designated Battle System Beta Tester so that they can run through using every class, element, etc. in order to tell us what needs nerfing or what needs to be beefed up.

I'm worried about bandwidth though, honestly. Mido isn't very big, so we can't afford much space for all of those zones. If we get more members and donations though, maybe it could work.

Well once again, extra currencies take up a lot of space. Maybe they could get gold if the worth is changed.

Raz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
Block: Well, the amount of the regen could be whats random? it could give anywhere from 0 to about 20 hp sounds reasonable, and people would still need to heal if they ended the fight with a low amount of hp due to the fact that monsters have a random chance of hitting you before you can do anything.

x2 drop cards: well, you could x2 it in whatever way you like. Your double chance for item drop sounds like fun! but i was talking about x2 the amount of silver earned (its getting troublesome trying to save up for items) and the coding would probably be similar to giving twice the exp.

drawing weapons: I could do that in my free time weekly. Like you know school hasn't been very kind to me and free time.

What would be the biggest incentive?
I would probably have to say... Either drops or titles.
Drops are nice, but you can only give us so much. Titles are nice for bragging rights and role-playing. (But i think armor reward quests would be lovely. in the future of course)
and Lol did i earn the title "Ambassador of the males"? xDD
I think what guys like myself would really enjoy in this game are more male items. about 70% of items are designed for females, and im not too into setting my base to have boobs and curves.

Some creatures definitely need to be nuked into submission. but that would require honest feedback from users, and someone on staff to run through it.

Hmm... with my ideas i hadn't taken bandwidth into consideration. All i/we can hope for is that people realize the potential of this site and donate so it will have the capability to be amazing.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote        
That wouldn't leave much of a purpose for our current potions though.

Ah, more silver. That sounds like a plan.

You and I both. Mr. Rhineheart said that this week would be brutal, plus those 200+ pages and the quotes... and History. T_T We'll make it to winter break though; you'll most likely have free time then.

Or maybe titles during events, like during the Halloween event, there could be renegade exterminator titles and such. Kinda like badges on zOMG. Yeah, that's why I'd like to see more armor and such. Too many female items.

I was thinking I would, but I daze out too much, so nothing really stands out. D:

Mmm. I'd like to think that when I start working, I can donate, but I'll be saving up for our apartment then so I'm not sure. I guess I'll look into a financial plan or something, considering my only expenses would be Mido and luxuries that are few and far in between. We'll see where that goes.

My last reply for the night. </3 Don't worry about replying until some later date as I'm sure you're tired. I love you, and good night.

Iregyura

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote        
I agree. Though I barely fight, anyways. Laugh I just love the forums too much.