Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / All Hallows' Eve 2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. The Ruby Room - Ruby Sweets and Treats
pyrakitt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote        
I think the more one plays it the less scary it gets really. My friends will play through a section, not save and then play through it again if they miss any of the randomlly appearing ghosts. In the game you get points based on how good a shot you got as well as getting all the randomly appearing ghosts. These don't attack you, they'll just be wandering the halls and you have to snap a shot before they disappear.

One of my friends is real bad when playing. When she's attacked she'll hit the pause button instead of the one to shoot the ghost. If her finger was on the trigger instead she'd never die, prolly out gun Billy the Kid she hits it so fast...then passes the controller to someone else.

Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote        
Nice, haha. Well, I mean, I guess I understand that, but still, I have never been good at video games... I guess I lack the coordination or puzzling skills or something. I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, though, if the graphics are good it wouldn't matter if I knew what was coming if it was scary.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, that's where this game would get you then. It's got great graphics that keep getting better with each one. The third one is suppose to come out for the Wii. I'm guessing you'll have to hold the remote up to your face like the camera and press the A button to shoot.

With ghosts like Broke Neck and Long Arms no one that scares easily should be anywhere near these games. Not to mention the tapes in the first game and the orbs in the second. The tapes weren't too bad, they just gave you clues, but the orbs in the second one were connections to the dead spirits and when you listen to them it was like trying to pick out EVP.

Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote        
Yeah... exactly. That would be why I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. The cover art would probably bug me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote        
Probably for the best to keep avoiding it then. At least now you know if you ever see it in a store.

On to safer topics. . . I'm a little peeved that they keep putting off the new episodes of Ben 10 AF. The last episode was actually decent.
Other then that I'm watching NCIS and Sanctuary.

Or you could suggest something that isn't video games or TV related?

Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:33 am Reply with quote        
TV is fine, haha. I have been watching Psych lately... and Monk. And NCIS as well. They are all funny. And the other night, I watched a live Foo Fighters performance on facebook. That was pretty cool. They were playing in a studio and 20,000 people were watching. They played for 2 1/2 hours and I have one of the songs that they didn't play stuck in my head, haha.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote        
Neat. I think it was U2? that did a concert not too long ago on youtube. Seems to be the thing now. Though I don't think they'll replace concerts completly, too many people like to go sit three feet from the stage when a band plays.

Foo Fighters are awesome. My favorite song is "Learning to Fly"

I love how this season of NCIS is shaping up so far. My parents and I were watching the marathon on Halloween and there was one comment by Ducky that cemented a theory I and my friend have. The same actor plays Ducky as played one of the leads in A Man from U.N.C.L.E. and I've been wondering if any of Ducky's stories were actually old episodes in disguise.
Especially since in one episode when someone asks what Ducky was like when he was young, Gibbs answered Illiya Kuryaken (it's phonetically spelled since I suck) which was the character on UNCLE. Then in the Halloween episode they showed, Ducky and Palmer show up and let two kids dressed as ninjas out of the corner van. The team congratulates Palmer on catching them and he answers with, "Actually it was Doctor Mallard, chased them for three blocks."
Ducky finishes with, "It's not as though they were real ninjas." and walks off in a huff. Happy

Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:59 am Reply with quote        
Yeah my mom has actually mentioned that he used to be in something else. I could not have told you what it was, though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote        
I had no idea of Ducky being in another show like that. :o But I love that they somehow include it in NCIS. It's like these amusing little easter eggs that only fans of both shows will know. <3
pyrakitt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quote        
I remember watching A Man From U.N.C.L.E. on Nick at Night when at my grandmothers. I would watch that, Green Acres and Mr. Ed. For a child of the Eighties too many of my childhood shows were black and white. Heh.
I love looking for Easter eggs in these shows, probably why my friend and I caught on to this one. My friend is like a real life DiNozzo, an encylopedia of movie knowledge. I'm more of an Abby, a science geek with a thing for black and the macabre.

I finally got my monster entries done for the contest. It took me longer then I thought and I still don't have pictures. *pouts* Oh well. I still hope to add them later but I tried to give an interesting description in the meantime.

Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I love it when certain media items refer to other ones... it's... fun.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote        
It also makes the fanfiction communities go nutso. Wink They love justification for the weird plot they come up with anyways.

So how goes your hunt for matchsticks? I've found one so far.

Ehcuag Emmef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, that too xD. I like the puzzle aspect in my brain. IT might not be much of a puzzle but just connecting things and stuff like that... yeah.

I think I have got two. What are they for?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quote        
:: Randomly pops in :: ^^ Hallo.

The matchsticks are four the day 4 item. =3
You need to find 20, then give it to the specified npc in the zone page... x.X It doesn't look like anyone's going to get it anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote        
Aw... yeah, well I am not really on Mido right now that much... just sort of popping in every once in a while. Too lazy to do the battling.