Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Miss Oppai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote        
I like it, but there's parts of it that's absolutely hard to read. The brownish-purple on tan text is hard for me to see, painful at times, even. It's blurry, even if I see it out the corner of my eye. The contrast is poor. I hate it because I really wanted to hang around for the halloween event. (I have a good monitor too, perfectly calibrated yada yada)

That being said I might just assign this site an alt stylesheet on my end, but I can't be the only person who thinks this. It would be nice if that color were a shade of darker purpley-brown, at least.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:33 pm Reply with quote        
While it doesn't bother me in particular I do agree that it would be hard to read. A default color of black would fix the problem.

Miss Oppai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
Black or something would work; better yet, the ability to switch back to the old theme would be nice since I had no major issue reading it. The contrast was much better.
Squid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote        
    I posted this in the other layout topic before I thought that posting it here might be a better idea.

But what about tweaking the tan on the posts, to be a lighter, more sandy tan? Like the bar at the very bottom, where the art and site name is? And also like on the link bar at the top, with the forum and shops and explore and donate.

It seems like that should make it a bit easier to read and that way people who don't use the default font color might have their text easier to read as well.

(Although, thinking about it, neon pink is never easy to read lol)

At the very least, it would spread out the colors more so that the site wasn't all TANTANTANTANTANpurplelighttanTANTANTANTAN you know

/edit

A comparison ;; Which is easier?

Maverik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:38 pm Reply with quote        
:: Pokes the second one. :: Sorry squiddeh... But I feel that your white text is easier to read than your signature pink text...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote        
Maverik wrote:
:: Pokes the second one. :: Sorry squiddeh... But I feel that your white text is easier to read than your signature pink text...

Agreed @_@ I couldn't read the pink text at all, sorry.
White or black seems nice as a default. I'd rather just see the default post's body text changed than anything else. I think the layout colors themselves, save for that noted portion, is fine.

Squid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote        

Actually, guys, the white text was a link.

xD

I suppose I should have... said so.

Maverik

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote        
Oh...
;-; In that case, I feel rather silly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote        
I somewhat agree to that. I have to say, the blue against the purple boxes and other colors against close colors really makes me strain my eyes Duh. I suppose it would have been better if it's white or something, so it helps me read better Jab Sorry my eyes are really bad. Plus, usually I have to highlight the text to read it Sweat Sorry if I'm complaining too much Laugh