Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Would you be fine with RIGs with losing options?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, everyone. :] I'm doing a sort of unofficial poll about something I'd like to see on Mido.

We all know what RIGs are, but what do you all think of RIGs with "losing" results as well? Let me explain...

Say that we decide to get a roulette game that's notorious in Midorea for being almost impossible to win at, and it has three possible spaces to land on: 10% grand prize, 30% loss, and 60% moderate prize. (These numbers are completely off the top of my head, but the chance of losing would never exceed 30%.)

I want to say that this type of thing may never be part of Midorea, and even if it were, it wouldn't be around forever. Also, the "loss" would only be getting nothing from the item, so it's not like your character would die or you'd lose that brand new BMI in your inventory. That would just be too mean. Also realize that if this is released, it will NOT be sold for gold.

Would you oppose this type of game? Please offer your feedback on why/why not, and once we discuss it a bit, I'll put up a poll for everyone to vote in. :3 Thanks for your time.

Maverik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote        
Err....
;_; I feel stupid. What's a(n) RIG?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote        
No worries; it's my fault for not explaining. ^^; A RIG is a Random Item Generator.

We had a RIG called a Box of Chocolates back in February that you could open to get a Cherub Fruit, Love Potion, Red Rose Hairpiece, or Scythe of the Lovers. My concept takes the idea, changes the chances of getting a certain item, and adds in a "lose" option to make it more realistic and interesting.

Maverik

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, okies.

^^ That sounds fun... Though knowing my luck, I'd end up losing all my RIG itemz.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quote        
I love RIGs! Bouncy Heart

So, you're saying we would buy the said RIG (with silver), use it and get a really small chance to have a uber-awesome prize, a somewhat bigger chance of getting a cool-but-common prize and a moderate chance to get nothing? Sounds really nice!

I only have two problems with RIGs:
1° Those who are sold for gold, but you've already clear that out;
2° The ones that give out old monthly items. I just think that it's unfair to the people who buy a lot of monthly to sell them afterwards (because of potential price drop), and for all the people who spend real money for items.

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote        
They wouldn't release expired items either. :3

Lux-Vertas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote        
Don't they have a few Random Item things on Gaia? That always seem WAY to unfair (I must've lost... 1000K in total!)

I don't think we should have them, it would just annoy thoes who can't Get the item(s) they want and just make a handfull of people ridiciously rich!

"It has to do with a bizarre concept called democracy, in which ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens." Nom Anchor, somewhere in the NJO Books...
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote        
How would they be unfair? o.0 You'd have an equal shot at all the items.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote        
The ones on Gaia are EXTREMELY unfair and we wouldn't be taking that route. Lips are Zipped If we're going for one thing, it's for the games to be fun.

And the items obtained from said game would be available in other ways too. :3 It's more of an alternative to getting them if you don't have time, patience, etc. to use the other methods.

Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, Gaian RIGs suck. I mean, some people work hard to get things and save up for a long time to get old items, and then Poof! the price drop because Gaia has decided to release them in a RIG... Not good Lips are Zipped

But yeah, your idea is nice. Big Grin

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote        
I just wanted to clear something up that would cause confusion:

RIGs that have "losing" possibilities would never be sold for gold.

However, there may be RIGs in the future that sell for gold, but wouldn't have "losing" possibilities.

However, we're only discussing the former in this thread. ^^; Currently there's no stance on the latter.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote        
So basically it's like participating in a user-run raffle or something like that: you spend some silver and have a chance of winning something, or getting nothing.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote        
Exactly. Happy But these(I would think) have a higher chance of winning then the raffle. (unless the raffle holder gives a prize to 70% of participants)

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote        
Yes, you're probably right... Big Grin

Though I would like to see a raffle where everybody gets something Hai

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote        
Of course. Hai Only a few RIGs will have a "losing" possibility. We just thought it would be fun cause' IRL I doubt your going to win the lottery every time you play. (: