Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Square
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:13 am Reply with quote        
Hiro brought this topic to mind. xP Where did your username originate?

I first had this username on Roliana. I made it because I don't go "Ah-choo!" when I sneeze, it's more like a short and choppy "Chu!" Thus, I was told it was cute and the word just stuck in my head. xP

So what about everyone else?

Zaoki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote        
I was looking up baby names online and came across Oki then to make it the length of an actual name and to make it sound cool I added Za because it was exotic. Thus lo and behold Zaoki xD
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote        
That's cool. ^^ I really like your username by the way, haha.

Arikana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quote        
      First used on Gaia and has travelled with me on many avatar sites.

It was originally as "Arikana Nakaria" where I just grabbed some random Japanese characters I liked and stucked them together to make the "first name", then created the "last name" by making it a palindrome of the first name's characters. :3

But eventually I just started using Arikana since it was getting to be too long for me. XD

And now I like to spell it as ariKana and am very picky with the spelling. X3

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, the palindrome idea is interesting. XD I don't think it works for me though.

Angel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, because then you'd be "Chu Uhc". XD

Kinda' sounds like what you say after you sneeze. XD

Naked for absolutely no reason.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, almost. ;p

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
MaxR was a name for my roleplay persona, Maxwel Regulum

and then I shortened it to MaxR, liked it, and adopted it as a username! =P

PS- I made up the name ^.^ I googled it and yahoo'd it! XD I'm original for once!

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
Hikari

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote        
Hikari's my actual name, which is Japanese for 'Light'. Otherwise I'm not all that unique, especially if you have a Japanese origin name in America like I do and people who don't know how to pronounce it call you Hi-carry. Meh, I like my name though.
Urboros

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:42 pm Reply with quote        
My username is a misspelled name of a serpent that eats its tail, however there are so many different ways to spell the name it doesen't matter. Plus this one is commonly used for video game monsters Ooar!

*attacks*

Rae

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote        
Mine's simple, it's a nickname.

My real name's Racheal, so everyone calls me Rae.
It's more than just a nickname though, I haven't been called Racheal since I was a kid.
=0

Kit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:20 pm Reply with quote        
Merely a nickname I picked for myself after having too many usernames called "kittycat" x]

'kittycat' got taken too often .___.'' -sweatdrops-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote        
Miyani's the name of one of my OC's~
<3
Although, I don't know how the name "Miyani" came to be.
> .>

hey mang.
I'm Christian! I'm loving it bbycakes.
Lunar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quote        
Lunar came into play with Eternal Nox was around.
Nox was largely about the night, and the clothing style was quite fantasy based- along with character options. So I made a Goddess style character. I also wanted a name that would have been snatched up.

I'm known by tons of names online though: Atlantis, Animelove (Cant change that one, though if I could it would be Love or Lady Love), Helena, Nightmares on Wax (Based on a chillout DJ group) Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote        
Don't really remember lol

I think I found the name Maeve because of some TV show I was watching when I was a child, and always like it. Plus, if I remember well, it also refer to some princess/warrior in old English mythology, which I like too.

When I started spending more time online, I used it as username, mainly because my real name is more French than English and I don't like seeing people misspelling it. Though, since it was already taken on a lot of sites, I usually add DragonHeart at the end, because the first thing I registered to with that username was some kind of medieval fantasy game and it make me thought of Richard the LionHeart, but I prefer dragons to lions ^^