Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 510, 511, 512  Next
Yare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote        
Millianna took her seat and thanked the girl. She began serving herself.

'I'm Millianna,' she said.

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote        
The Ranger was slightly relieved when she did not have to start the introductions. Though, as the host, she probably should have before being seated. "Forest Ranger Fiona-Rose Williams, at your service. Most people just call me Fiona, or 'Fi'." She said with a small grin. "Nice to meet you, Millianna."

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Yare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote        
Millianna smiled. 'Nice to meet you, too, Fi.'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote        
"So, what brings you out to this neck of the woods?" Fiona could not help but inquire. She had managed to keep herself from asking earlier.

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:21 pm Reply with quote        
'I spend a lot of my time travelling around,' Millianna said. 'There were problems East of here, so I came here thinking I could escape them.'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
The Ranger was not aware that there had been any problems. True, she was not as keen on the times as she should have been. She spent more time running round in the wild than paying attention to civilazation. "Dare I ask what kind of problems?"

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote        
'Demons,' Millianna said. 'A horde of them attacked a nearby town. I helped out with a few things, then after a few isolated demon raids I left. They had enough alchemists there to take care of things.'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote        
Fiona choked on her water for a moment. "Demons?" she coughed. If that were the case, how could she not be notified through official channels? Of course the public would not be warned. The higher ups would want to keep the people for mass hysteria. "How are they getting here? When did this start happening?"

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote        
'It started four months ago,' Millianna said. 'An alchemy student I was working with decided he wanted to find the Philosopher's stone. I tried talking him out of it, but he insisted on going on with his experiments. He found that a substance exposed to demon blood could increase alchemic power exponentially. To get demon blood, he had to open a portal...'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote        
"So this has been going on for months?" This was incredible. "How has this stayed quiet for so long? Something like this would have been talked about ages ago. The media would be sure of that." Especially in my little circle.

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote        
'After the first large attack, measures were put up to ensure it didn't happen again,' Millianna said. 'Not wanting to ruin tourism, the media didn't report it - all they said was a fire had swept through town and it would soon be rebuilt. After that, the demons made mostly isolated attacks: a couple in the woods here, someone staying home for the day there. The attacks look like nothing extraordinary was present; they look like attacks by bears, or, in cases of demonic possession, like a crazed lover. The attacks were so isolated and differed so much from each other that it was only the alchemists who knew they were committed by demons. I was the one that made the connections. I brought in ordinary ingredients to these sites and found their alchemic power intensified.

'I told the government, but they didn't believe me. When I showed the other alchemists, we banded together and proved it. The government put up further measures and threatened us if we went to the press.'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote        
"Ah." That was a lot to think about. "How are they keeping the public quiet? Surely someone beyond the local alchemists and the government know or at least suspect what is going on?" They couldn't keep everyone quiet. Millianna had gotten out to tell the tale. How could they be so sure someone else hadn't spilled the beans too?

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote        
'Were I come from, there's distance between towns,' Millianna said. 'News takes time to spread, especially if it's hushed up. Three other alchemists and I decided to spread the word. We went in different directions to tell people what's happening. It means we won't be able to go back home unless there's a change of government, but it's better than other towns being caught unprepared.'

Almost Sisters
Tsemara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote        
I'm going to have to tell the guys at work about this. They need to know. "Then I suppose I lucked out in meeting you. I'd hate to run into something like that out in the field.

"So what kind of demons are they? We're obviously not talking about some mile tall behemoth that shoots lightning from it's eyes, and is covered with tentacles right?" She had no idea where that image came from, but she asked it anyway.

(I don't even know where that image came from. Laugh )

Malverne wrote:
Yare

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
(Who cares. It's a funny image XD)

Millianna chuckled. 'At a casual glance, a lot of them look like ordinary people. The way to tell them apart is if they have fangs or their ears are pointed. They tend to have some form of claws and may have a tail. A few of the ones who don't bother being spotted have wings. The males typically well-muscled; females are unusually curvy.'

Almost Sisters
Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 510, 511, 512  Next