Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Steampunk?
Yes! Very much so!
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
No, I think it's icky.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mebbe... what is it again?? @.@
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Keeglatte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote        
I would love to try out for a Victorian style steampunk RP, but It will be my first time with that style. I have no ideas for a plot right not, but alas, I am no good with war or anything of the like, sorry! I'm open for an open RP or 1x1, really. Maybe some travelers could meet up and go on adventures?? I don't know. I'm here to absorb ideas!! I would probably be a girl, though. Please know what steampunk is first before you say yes, though. Happy

[img]http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/27-12-2009/f3a02cda1b16c296cdf683bb707b30d8.png/img]
My computer was restarted, sorry for not posting!
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote        
I think Nassii made one, but it looks dead now...

I would be happy to join another role-play, or help you with the planning. though I'm quite busy with school right now, so I might not be uber-active... And Mido would really need a good open steampunk role-play. Happy

I love the idea of having characters (travellers) meet somewhere and go on an adventure together. Though, that's still a pretty open concept anyway, so you could add many many things to it or change it at some point.

Would you like to include fantasy (magic) in it or just pure steampunk (more technological)?

Keeglatte

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I couldn't find any steampunk RPs, and I'm busy with school too, so yeah. And I'm open for an open RP, where there's not much of a storyline and all. I'm also fine with both fantasy and pure steampunk, so it's just up to other RPrs to decide how they like theirs.
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quote        
I kinda prefer open role-plays, just 'cause it allows you to change the story if something happen, instead of always pushing it to go into one direction. Plus it's easier, since some people here tend to disappear from time to time...

I must say I'm a huge fantasy fan, though there's already other fantasy role-plays in the forums, so it might be nice to have only a pure steampunk-themed one. But then again, I guess a little fantasy could be nice...

ugh, my brain is kinda sleepy right now... I'll try to find more idea when it wakes up... Duh

rokuken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote        
Im willing to help out in any why I can.
Keeglatte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
@ Maeve- Hmmm, how about we do a pure steampunk RP, with just a little fantasy? And doing an open plot sounds good.

@ Rokuken- That would be nice! Any ideas for a theme kind of thing?
rokuken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
hmm... I kinda had one... but it got over run by mermaids.. not enough steam punk... meh.. hm...we could do something Bioshock like.... Always wanted to do an RP of that..
Keeglatte

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm, I've heard of Bioshock, but it never really hooked my attention, you know? It does seem interesting though, to have an underwater city and all.

[img]http://www.pokecharms.com/trainercards/cards/27-12-2009/f3a02cda1b16c296cdf683bb707b30d8.png/img]
rokuken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
Well it doesn't have to be underwater, but a steam punk distopia, or Civil war would work
Maeve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, a little place overrun by chaos would be nice. Maybe the characters meet to create some rebel group and fight the corrupted power, or maybe they met before (meaning before some war or conflict arrived) and then have to choose what side they want to be in. Happy

Keeglatte

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
I really am sorry, Maeve and rokuken, but I'm not good at war/battle RPs. Any different ideas?

Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:57 am Reply with quote        
Well, doesn't have to be a real battle/war only RP. Maybe we can plot to steal something. Or maybe we are hired by someone to get something for him/her. Or maybe we are all lured somewhere by some ad, so that we cna meet, and then something happen...

The war thing can only be like a background story, like the world is currently doing that while our characters live their adventures. Or it doesn't have to be there if you really don't want to. I just think it can make things more interesting than by having everything be peaceful and nice... But yeah, it's really a personal thing. Happy

rokuken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote        
Yah, Im open to that, oh! I do kinda have a steampuck race I would like to see tried out here.
Keeglatte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote        
Okay! That sounds good! And whats the race idea, rokuken?

rokuken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote        
Yah! I just thought that it could be Set after a great war, or a Major earth shaking disaster. and the world trys to rebuild it self.

As for the race, it's more like a off set of humans really, they call them selves Techomancers biological, and mechanical. I thought it would be interesting to have them Be clockwork here, or steam powered. oh sorry got off the track there, Technomancers where humans who believe in Evolution through science. they replace anything they have no use for with what ever is better. im not sure if they will have their mind links in this story since I think Internet is not allowed in steampunk stories. is there anything else you would like to know about them? personality wise most of them are kinda like the Borg, but they don't force people to convert like most religious people i know >.<;