Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Art Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
dreamer676

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote        
Dreamer's getting brave Duh ! I did some avi art of my avatar and coloured it wiv ink XF It's over on my art gallery thread if anyone's interested XD

Art done by Crow Happy
riddle.me.this

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:16 am Reply with quote        
I love color when it is done right, color takes a considerable amount more skill than black and white or charcoal or graphite, but that's just from my experience. I am so bad with color, i work with pencil and pen and ink for the most part, i do color every once in a while but am no good at it whatsoever. 's why i'm a black and white photographer too.

I want one of the element cloaks from the event, but didn't get enough lotus blooms in time. Someone make me an offer?
dreamer676

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote        
I'm starting to learn to use colour, but I'm not overly confident with it which is why I mostly still stick to black and white drawing.

Art done by Crow Happy
glimpse

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:39 pm Reply with quote        
I dunno, I usually stick to black and white. But that's only because I started out sketching with pencil and did that for SO LONG that whenever I started to use color, I basically had to relearn color theory and all that jazz. I'm alright with it now, but definitely not comfortable yet.

Someday! D8

Wondering why I'm

NAKED???

Check back after the event for

The First Ever Naked Day Celebration!
dreamer676

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:08 pm Reply with quote        
Glimpse: same tbh XD

Art done by Crow Happy
Lux-Vertas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote        
Despite being colourblind I like coulouring...

Usually I choose simple colours that use one or two variations of shade...

but Black and white can be effective as well (Ever read the old Judge Dredd comics?)
dreamer676

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 am Reply with quote        
that's cool It seems like nowdays that when I want to colour I revert straight to watercolour.

Art done by Crow Happy
Kylana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote        
I tend to either do sketches or full-blown colored pieces, so it's very rarely just B+W. Call it personal preference or laziness, either way is correct :P
dreamer676

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:22 am Reply with quote        
Kylana - lol call it your personal style. Besides which I think combining both B+W with colour can be effective a lot of the time anyway. =)

Art done by Crow Happy
Kylana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote        
Yes, that's it! Personal style, I like it :3 I dunno, I just rarely sit around and just sketch anymore unless it's figure/anatomy studies. Which are useful, mind you, but I'm at the point right now where I want to have something worth showing--I figure if I've taken the time to do a decent job and ink it that I might as well go full color. I'm not confident enough in my abilities to let the lineart "speak for itself", as it were.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:15 am Reply with quote        
ah fair enough and I know what you mean. I at the moment have almost taken a step backward and am drawing famous people from pictures again. I kind of really need to see something that will inspire me. Or just sit and people draw either one lol XD

Art done by Crow Happy
Gladde

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote        
I love both, to be honest.

Although if I had to choose I would say that I prefer color, especially if I am the one coloring XD I love being able to mix and match. This sort of leads into your other question: CG or traditional? I think traditional is my preferred method. There is something about physically holding a pencil or chalk that can be quite exciting and I find that I am a lot more engaged in the process than if I am using a tablet. Nevertheless, CG has allowed me to color and draw without the consequences of severely messing something up (still have the potential, but I am less worried about it). It's been a great way to practice blending and playing with different poses that I normally wouldn't try if I was working with traditional materials.
dreamer676

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:26 am Reply with quote        
Gladde: yeah you're right it does kind of lean into that question. But I would always stubbornly stick with traditional, merely because although you can try a lot more with CG it does seem potentionaly easier, even though I never really got the hang of it. I mean I have seen a video in which one girl corrected her anatomy issues within a picture by highlighting the area that was wrong and moving it. Personally I somewhat think that kind of eliminates any feeling of achievement or drawing improvement/learning. Does that make sense?

Art done by Crow Happy
Kylana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote        
Yes and no--I still feel the need to get the anatomy right whether it's CG or traditional (even though I usually don't, ha). It does a feel like cheating when you can just select a part and move it a bit, but when I have to re-draw something on paper I'm much less motivated to do so. I guess I just see it as a learning tool?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:33 am Reply with quote        
yeah I don't have anything against CG at all tbh, I mean it doesn't take any less talent to master etc but idk

Art done by Crow Happy